Noiseless cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
I filled up a Boge LR cartomizer with AVE Blend 4. Took a few drags and instantly I noticed that my cartomizer was not making any crackling sound! An extremely faint hiss, at most, is all I could hear. However, a good amount of vapor was produced when I exhaled. As far as flavor, I can't really judge because its my first time trying this flavor, but something felt "off".

And, the same thing recently happened when I filled a new carto of Bobas Bounty! I know what that flavor should taste like, and it's close, but I feel that something is still off. Maybe its just that the lack of a crackling sound is throwing me for a loop. But what's the deal? Bad batch of cartomizers? But I've used other liquids with this batch and they vaped fine. AVE juice too thick? But in the past I've vaped Bobas from Boge cartos with no problem. Also, I tried the cartos with several different batteries, and all gave the same result. Is it possible that I overfilled it? I gave it about 25 drops, using the condom fill method, filling it nice and slow.

If a Boge cartomizer doesn't make a crackling sound, but produces the usual vapor, is it fine? Or should it always crackle? :confused:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
It's fine. If they make vapor well, don't sweat it. High VG juice is thick and muffles the cracking sound, so you're right.

When I first started, I vaped only 100%VG. When refillable cartos were invented, I switched to them from the old cartridge/atty systems. A long time later, I started using PG in my juice and heard the crackling for the first time. It scared me. I thought there was something wrong with my cartomizers and that they'd blow up or something.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
I just re-read your post. Are you using standard sized Boges? They should have more than 25 drops in them. If you're using the condom method, they should take one condom about 3/4 full, and a second condom about 1/2 full. Closer to 50 drops.

Oh damn, really?! Yeah I'm using standard sized Boges. I've been filling the bigger sized condom a little more than half way (bout 25 drops) ,then sometimes an extra couple of drops on top. Are you sure it can handle 50 drops?--these aren't the XL sized cartos or anything. Have I been living a lie and vaping a juice/filler mixture this whole time>?! 8-o8-o

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I'm pretty sure about the drop numbers, but I'm more sure about the condom amount. If you go to Youtube and search "Pbusardo condom", he has a good video with the accurate amounts. He uses boge standard sized cartos. I haven't used cartos for a long time, so I may be off on the drop numbers, but I do know that one condom was never enough.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Boge carto's take approximately 35 drops, or a few more, to completely fill. It should look slushy on top but not pooling. There is a good possibility that the filler is wrapped a little tighter in your batch so AVE juice isn't working well in them...while thinner juices work fine. I've seen this happen more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread