Noob Caution: White Cloud - Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
I had a thread hi-jacked by someone who posted a link to White Cloud e-cigs - after looking at the $250 price tag for 1 batt+charger+5 cartos - I was, well - worried enough to ask questions. Posting this for newbs as, given the specs I got directly from their customer service - SAVE YOUR $$. There's better product available for much, much, MUCH less. And, for $20.00 for a set of 5 pre-fills? Noobs: trust the ECF vets - they've been there, done that!

Here's the Q&A from the customer service rep:

Dear Dennis,

Ok, I believe to have all the information below for you!

batteries:

[Me: 1. What is the length and weight of the battery?]

1.Cirrus I = 7.5 cm 10 grams (approx)
Cirrus II = 6.5 cm 8 grams (approx)
Cartridge = 3.5 cm
Diameter of both batteries and cartridge is 1 cm

[Me: 2. What is the mAh of battery? (I've found that this is the most significant determinant regarding battery life between charges).]

2. Cirrus I = 280 mA Lasts about 6-8 hours (pack a day smoker)
Cirrus II = 250 mA Lasts about 7-9 hours (pack a day smoker)

Keep in mind the quality of the battery cell and the chemistry of the battery is what really makes a better battery.

[Me: 3. What is the operating voltage of the battery (3v? 5v?)]

3. Voltage is 4.2v

[Me: 4. Where are these batteries manufactured (China)?]

4. There are components before final product that are sourced from other countries before assembly; however, the majority of the components are made in China. I can say with 100% confidence that 100% of all electronic cigarettes and cartridges are made in China and anyone that tells you differently is not being truthful! There are no manufacturing plants in the US producing these products. Not even the liquid. There is only one company the produces the flavoring only and supplies some plants in China, however all the other ingredients including the nicotine is supplied from China.

However, I assure you when it comes to quality control we are one of, or perhaps the only company, that truly has staff of the corporate office, that are physically in China living full-time doing quality control on a daily basis. This is why our product is superior and has consistent quality for the batteries, cartridges, chargers, and accessories. Other companies simply purchase in bulk from China wholesalers or trading partners and have none, or very little, control over the manufacturing of this product. Most of them do not even know which manufacturing plant their product is actually produced at. Many times orders are made at several different manufacturing plants which have varying levels of quality and why many brands have so many quality issues with a single batch order.

[Me: 5. How many charges can you get on a single battery?]

5. Recharging cycle is 500 times.

Cartridges:
[Me: 1. Are these cartos improved variants based on the KR808D-1 technology? If so, how so?]

1. We do not compare our products to any other because they are not any other when placed side by side - they are not OEM or rebranded items. They are not the K808, the V2, the 510 and so on. These simply look like our products on the outside and have the same threading, but the internal engineering is very different. Our cartridges are like no other in the market. Also, keep in mind that the Chinese started calling certain size batteries, cartridges etc... by model numbers, then other companies started calling it the same thing but weren't the original manufacturer - to be honest there really is no such thing as a model number :) Many manufactures can make the same size, width etc.... but it means nothing because there are over 100 factories pushing these things out and the quality, raw materials and engineering between them are vastly different.

[Me: 2. Are these cartos refillable? If so, what is the capacity in terms of 'drops' or ml?]

2. We highly recommend not refilling our cartridges. We cannot guarantee the operation, plus if they are filled too much the liquid can leak out, damage the battery etc... The electronic cigarette cartridges, for an integrated cartridge and atomizer are a 9 step process that is completed by hand and must pass 3 separate quality tests. Our target market is for those seeking a no hassle realistic smoking experience without having to worry or even think about adding any type of liquid to the cartridges.

[Me: 3. How much use do you get from a single pre-filled carto in terms of 'puffs'?]

3. Be assured that our cartridges are equivalent to the number of puffs in 2 packs of cigarettes which means between 350-400 puffs on average per cartridge (during normal use most tobacco cigarettes yield 8-10 puffs each). Please bear in mind that this estimate is relative to one's usage of the cartridges and not the individual smoker or their nicotine craving. Puffing hard, fast and very frequent can substantially lower the number of puffs you could be getting.

[Me: 4. The low-resistance 808 cartos (2.2-2.7ohms resistance) have been my favorite - what is the operating resistance in your cartos?]

4. 3-4 ohm (current 1.0-1.2A) - meaning a very easy draw

[Me: 5. If refillable, how many refills can I get before performance begins to degrade?]

5.Again, we highly recommend not refilling so we do not have any information about performance if you do refill or how many times you could fill them.

[Me: 6. Do your cartos contain polyfill to absorb and distribute the e-liquid to the wick? If so, have you solved the issue with the polyfill burning while in use and the wick is dry?]

6. This is partial information about the entire cartridge, but specific to your question

Scavenging Whiskers - 3 extra long braided whiskers increase the amount of liquid contacting the heater coil, creating more vapor per puff and minimizing the risk of fouling of the cartridge.

High density captive wadding (HDCW) - This material has a higher liquid retention ratio, which prevents flooding of the heater coil and provides adequate liquid to be scavenged by the whiskers. This eliminates the “crackling” noise that is found in low quality cartridges. Due to its high density, use of this material exclusively would restrict airflow and make puffing difficult, so it is used only as a barrier between the coil shield and LDCW.

Low density captive wadding (LDCW) - This material holds a majority of the liquid captive, preventing coil flood and maintaining optimal saturation of the high density wadding. It’s secondary function is to prevent liquid from seeping over the bell trap when the cartridge is inverted.

Lower temperature operation - Cartridge casing never gets higher than lukewarm to the touch, even on sensitive lips. More flavor stability means even heavy smokers won’t ruin the delicious flavoring. Higher resistance to fouling caused by overuse or “hot boxing”.

So, there you have it! Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,
xxxxxx
Director of Customer Care

Cee_Jay

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Rochester NY
Don't re-fill their cartos - LOL - Anyone know how to get 300+ puffs from one unless it's ~8ml ? As to the 4.2v battery, well.... that's it's rating (maybe) but there's NO WAY in purgatory it'll be that high with a load unless there's some wonderful smoke-filled boost circuitry included.

Man - $250 buys 7+ Riva sets - That's 14+ 750ma batteries, 28 atty's, and 700+ carts !!!

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
A battery lasts about 1 hour per 125mAh, depending. (Varies according to user characteristics etc.) This is for a realistic usage profile, not chain vaping.

I agree. A 900 mAh 14500 will last me all day if I take a few drags every hour or so ( like my old habit of taking a smoke break every hour). When chain vaping I go through 2 a day or more.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
White-Cloud e-cigarettes are KR808-D1 devices. The SAME as Vapor for life. The cartomizer is a little different, meaning not the same as V4L, Boge, or others.

The prices are OUTRAGEOUS. I got one of these from a friend that quit using it. The Whitecloud company is home based close to me here in Tampa, Fl.

I am just amazed to see people lining up at there kisosks to buy $20 a pack cartomizers.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Kind of sad because vaping is relatively new and company's like this are giving a economical misconception of what's out there for people to try. Hope they right their ways.

i think it sets a horrible example. i know how peoples minds work lol "well this one is $250, it MUST be better than that $30 kit i saw online".

PapaBloog

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
Fontana, CA
White-Cloud e-cigarettes are KR808-D1 devices. The SAME as Vapor for life. The cartomizer is a little different, meaning not the same as V4L, Boge, or others.

This LOOKS like a KR808D-1 but is actually a KR808D-2 threaded model - it's slotting will not work with KR808D-1 compatible equipment. Shame shame, white cloud -- too proprietary. I guess they feel that once they got you on the hook for a $120 battery that lasts as long as a $12 808 from litecigUSA - you'll have to purchase their $4/per pre-fills.

What a scam!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread