Noob question about Ejuice

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
that's a thought, but I was thinking of trying stuff since working well doesn't have a comparison...

That makes good sense. Do you want another pod system or are you interested in a mod and a tank that will generally allow for longer battery life, greater liquid capacity and replaceable coils?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I'm not opposed to anything in principle, but I am looking for easy stuff since I am a beginner and, as said, generally poor in terms of DIY :(

i.e. I look at vids on rebuilding coils and stuff and that's way beyond me
DIY is really easy. There are quite a few companies that have single flavors that are great. I make my ejuice at 1.5mg/ml. I take a 120 ml bottle and fill it half way with VG, add 18ml of flavor and 1.8ml of 100mg/ml VG base nicotine. Shake it up then top it off with VG. Shake it real good. DRIP IT & RIP IT! Easy peasy. You can use baby medicine syringes you get for free at the pharmacy to measure. Making coils is really just as easy to start but that's a different story.

Mattia

Jan 23, 2020
Thanks for this.

Still in need of some advice though. I just came back from the shop, where they have all these nice juices on display and I wanted to try some with the Aegis Boost. Also, I wanted to buy 50ml instead of 10ml for convenience.

Unfortunately, the guy there told me that it's better not to vape other stuff in the Boost because it will burn the coil in one day or so.

I am using this

Forest Fruits E-Liquid 10ml by Superior Vapour

and wanted to get this

Heizenberg E-Liquid 50ml by Superior Vapour

is this the case? Can I only get the first kind? This would be a bit of a bummer since they have like 10ish kinds and all I hear is how wonderful juices are. was really hyped to taste various things.

I understand that through mixing liquids I could get what I want, just wondering if there aren't other juices that I could simply buy and vape... or what pointers to look for in terms of what I can and what I shouldn't vape with the Boost.

Thanks for your help!!

BTW Thursday will be a month without cigarettes - passed with no pain. I must admit, I should have listened ages ago.

Skwij

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
Ontario, Canada
You should be able to vape the Heis flavour. It's a THICKER juice (70% VG compared to the 50% VG of the fruit flavour you're using) so you'd probably want to use the 0.4 ohm coil that is compatible with your device.

Not saying you can't use the 0.6 coil, but it may struggle to keep up with the wicking with the thicker juice. That's probably what the guy at the store was referring to. No harm in trying.

I don't have your device personally, but some reviewers are saying that the "recommended" wattages are a tad high. You can always lower the wattages, and it's always a good idea to start a new coil well below the lowest recommendation, gradually increasing until you have a satisfactory vape.

• Informative
Reactions: Marper

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
The one thing I need to say is the uk only allows 10ml bottles of nicotine so for example if you add an 18mg nic shot to a 50ml shortfill you will only be getting 3mg nicotine when you vape ,but some manufacturer's make 40ml shortfills and then that will allow you to add 2 bottles of freebase nic giving you a 6mg nic vape but then you get in the realm of thinking this might be to thick for my coils if the nic is vg, I certainly understand what the guy at the shop was trying to explain

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
20191204_215904.jpg
Well,with the rba as it implies rebuildable atomizer you would have to build your own coils or get pre-made ones then you have to wick it yourself with cotton,rayon and I think you should really research this because you would love it,something like this

Reactions: Mattia

Mattia

Jan 23, 2020
Hey guys

just a little update.

Health wise. I am now more than a month without smoking. No cravings either. I actually feel a little disgusted when I think about having a cigarette. I have no problems standing with others who smoke. But as a trial sometimes I think about smoking, and I absolutely feel nauseated by the thought. So I am super-happy about this. Never thought this would be possible.

Aegis Boost update. Still no leaking. Still loving it. Tried a couple of flavours that really put me off. However, this has helped me in the identification of the flavours I seem to like the most. Cherry variants and Lemon/lime. This is kinda weird because I am no big fan of cherries, and I thought I would like desserts one more. I don't like tobacco flavoured ones, no clue why.

Second mod bought! Following some of the advices here, I bought a second vape just in case. I thought of keeping it in case the Boost started leaking or broke. I got myself an Aegis solo with Cerberus tank. First drag took me to other worlds. This thing, for a newb like me, is UNBELIEVABLE. Has become my favourite home vape without a doubt.

E-liquids and mgs. On the Boost I am currently satisfied with 12 mgs. On the Solo I am now at 6 and enjoying every single puff. Without craving for more nicotine. Only "downside" is that the Solo drinks juices much faster than the Boost. And in the UK apparently they only sell 2ml tanks. Which means I have to refill 2/3 times every evening.

Considerations from a noob. Vaping changed my life. I feel better. I enjoy vaping in ways I never enjoyed smoking. I have been able to hit the treadmill again (yesterday for 10km). I am also shedding weight because I don't compulsively snack when I am thinking of smoking. My partner hated me smoking, and was happy for me to pick up vaping. Mentally, this was a game changer. I don't have to hide the smell of burnt tobacco, I don't have to pretend I didn't smoke, I don't have to lie about smoking. Vaping has improved, in this sense, my mood and health as well.

Sorry about the long post, maybe there are newbs like me lurking and checking if Vaping is worth the time and money (so far way cheaper than smoking for me). Yes, it is. Try. Seriously, try.

Thanks for all the precious advices. If you want, I'll keep you posted on stuff.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
The Solo + Cerebus is a fantastic setup. I have been vaping for years and mine in is daily use. A very good choice!

As to flavors. Do not be surprised if your preferred flavors change over time. Your tastebuds will slowly start coming back over the next year or so. As they do flavors you like now might hit the I don't like that list and others will replace them. I didn't like most bakery flavors at first and now years out really enjoy some of them.

Just a warning you might find the same is true for foods. I use a fraction of the seasoning I used to when I cook now that I can taste things properly again.

Reactions: Mattia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread