Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Glad to hear you pulled the trigger. That's a great battery, but don't take it above 60W on that machine (if you have the 75W model). I love the HG2 cell, I have dozens of them. Good batteries.

Nic level is going to depend on how you vape. If you are going to go MTL with +Ohm coils, then about 18mg is not a bad place to start for your smoking level. If you're going subohm direct lung, I wouldn't go above 12mg for starters.

PG/VG ratio is a thing that's too individual to help you with. You'll have to cut and try. I like 60/40 and find 50/50 has too much throat hit (I subohm all the time). But it might be OK MTL. I started MTL and vaped 50/50 all the time. Bottom line is, only you can tell.

If you find the tank not to your liking, take a hard look at a Nautilus for MTL.

The eLuc is, by all accounts, a good charger. I don't have one, but not because they're not good. I prefer not to do business with Efest because they tend to over-rate their (rewrapped) batteries, like by a lot. I have nightmares about some n00b believing their grossly overrated claims and blowing himself up trying it. But that's me, not you. I have never heard a bad thing about the chargers and I know people who swear by them.

Stay in touch and let us know how you get on.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
If you're going subohm direct lung, I wouldn't go above 12mg for starters.

You know when I went out the other day to the shops and saw me dripping 18 they all freaked I thought it was funny as hell one of the things I picked up was a 6mg and been using that most of the day and have used about 8 ml out of this 60ml bottle which is 2ml above what I normally do of the 18 but I also have about 8 more hours before my body says it's time for your four hour nap and the way I am chaining this stuff I see another few ML going up in vape :cool:

BoogaWu

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Lakewood, CO
Hardware is the easier answer, finding a juice you like is the harder problem IMHO. I was a 1.5 PAD Pall Mall blue smoker, at it took 18 mg to stop at .3 on a mech, which a lot of people here don't recommend. If I were you I'd find a local place that does samples and try all the kit, all the flavors and the nic ranges (and go high on that, you get more from a cig than you think) and spend a little extra at the beginning shopping local. I wish I had.

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Hardware is the easier answer, finding a juice you like is the harder problem IMHO. I was a 1.5 PAD Pall Mall blue smoker, at it took 18 mg to stop at .3 on a mech, which a lot of people here don't recommend. If I were you I'd find a local place that does samples and try all the kit, all the flavors and the nic ranges (and go high on that, you get more from a cig than you think) and spend a little extra at the beginning shopping local. I wish I had.

Shopping local has a lot of advantages but it's not how I started out I did the online thing shipping from Gear Best takes a while but was worth it. No matter if you buy online or in a shop it is your responsibility to research, yes there are a lot of good shops out there but there are a lot of bad ones as well.

A vape shop that offers samples is great, but the two that I have been in that offer samples only offer samples of the flavors all with 0 nic which is understandable I mean you would not want someone sampling and od on nic. Are there places that let you sample with nic?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes there are, but they usually use a low nic percentage I think, and the one I used for samples had tiny, disposable batteries, you wouldn't OD on nic if you tasted a hundred, and the nic level was at 24. I do prefer sampling with nic as it gives me a better idea of what the flavor will taste like. I was at Freedom Smoke USA. Their stuff is serviceable, but it's a good place to taste flavors...

Anna

• Informative
Reactions: Necrospecter

Amikkwe

Dec 7, 2017
Indiana, USA
Good choice on the Evic, charger, and batteries. :thumb:

I haven't read much about the tank. Most tanks have their little peculiarities, and once you do enough research and gain experience with them you can figure them out.

I have used the Authentic Aspire Nautilus BVC Clearomizer (5ml) and the Kabuki clone Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer (both use the same coils). Both are very well thought of, have been around for a couple years (which is a lifetime in the vaping world). Both are most suited for the tighter draw of a mouth-to-lung beginner. Both vape the same, just styled differently. Only drawback from your viewpoint is that they are both bottom fill.

My favorite tank is the Uwell Crown (original) Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer . It is a sub-ohm tank, but you don't have to sub-ohm with it. It has 1.2 ohm coils available for it . It is an easy top fill (4ml capacity). It has a ratcheted air control ring which allows wide open direct lung draws down to a tight mouth-to-lung draw. It has a wide bore mouthpiece, but you can always replace it with any inexpensive small bore mouthpiece if you desire. Great flavor, a lot of vapor. Would look good on an Evic.

Finding an e-liquid that you enjoy might be the most difficult task for you. It may take some experimentation on your part to find what nic level best suits you and what flavor genre best suits you. What pg/vg ratio you use will not only depend upon your personal preferences, but also what tank you use. Some coils do not wick easily the harder you vape, so the thicker vg liquids might cause some "dry hits".

Try this as a starting point with nicotine:
1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg
Flavor-wise, I recommend avoiding anything tobacco flavor. Flavoring agents are derived from food flavoring agents, and since there is no food which tastes like a smoking cigarette, ... Try to find a fruit, candy, desert, coffee, etc flavor that you like and you won't be wasting money trying to find a tobacco flavor.

Sorry it took a couple of days to get back to you, I have been really busy. Thanks for the information on the uwell crown I will look at that one, at a quick look it looks nice. I will be checking out reviews and such later this afternoon on it. Also I will take what you said into consideration with juice. Plan on buying a few choices in smaller sizes to get a better feel for it. Thanks for all your help it was your battery and charger recommendations that helped me choose. :thumbs:

Reactions: Baditude

Amikkwe

Dec 7, 2017
Indiana, USA
Glad to hear you pulled the trigger. That's a great battery, but don't take it above 60W on that machine (if you have the 75W model). I love the HG2 cell, I have dozens of them. Good batteries.

Nic level is going to depend on how you vape. If you are going to go MTL with +Ohm coils, then about 18mg is not a bad place to start for your smoking level. If you're going subohm direct lung, I wouldn't go above 12mg for starters.

PG/VG ratio is a thing that's too individual to help you with. You'll have to cut and try. I like 60/40 and find 50/50 has too much throat hit (I subohm all the time). But it might be OK MTL. I started MTL and vaped 50/50 all the time. Bottom line is, only you can tell.

If you find the tank not to your liking, take a hard look at a Nautilus for MTL.

The eLuc is, by all accounts, a good charger. I don't have one, but not because they're not good. I prefer not to do business with Efest because they tend to over-rate their (rewrapped) batteries, like by a lot. I have nightmares about some n00b believing their grossly overrated claims and blowing himself up trying it. But that's me, not you. I have never heard a bad thing about the chargers and I know people who swear by them.

Stay in touch and let us know how you get on.
Thanks for the info, all of this is extremely helpful to a noob like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread