Status
Not open for further replies.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
I've been using pre-made coils instead of building my own. Only been using rebuildables for a very short time.
I bought a Coil Master DIY Kit. It has these in it and I have no idea what they're for.

stuff.jpg

Can someone enlighten me?

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've been using pre-made coils instead of building my own. Only been using rebuildables for a very short time.
I bought a Coil Master DIY Kit. It has these in it and I have no idea what they're for.

View attachment 756797

Can someone enlighten me?

I remember the 1st Time I used one of those Coilers.

I stuck a Wire in it, gave it 6 Turns, and there was a PERFECT Coil sitting there on the Rod.

I thought to myself... "How can this be so Incredibly Simple and yet work so well? Why the :censored: Didn't I buy One of These Sooner?"

LOL

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, I use at least many of the endpieces as lawn darts although it's nice to have the different rods for coil diameter, but go figure, I somehow find it easier to wrap a coil myself than use the "turny jig thing" or whatever it is. Even with a contact coil, well I just wrap it by hand and then smoosh it together.

It's like my ONE AND Only easy coil building skill so I like to boast about it. My grandmother teaching me to knit and "even tension on the wool" sort of translates to "even tension on the wire." LOL. But, everyone's different and I find 95% of what is in my coilmaster kit to be handy, so I don't mind not using most of the coil jig.

Happy coiling!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread