Status
Not open for further replies.

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
I was supposed to have several items delivered today but apparently there was a contractor doing work on a house a few down from me that decided to park his truck infront of my mailbox all day. If there are cars parked infront of the mailbox, the mailman won't deliver the mail! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and hope whoever parked infront of my mailbox doesn't decide to park there again tomorrow!
super-angry.gif

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
Yeah, well I have ordered 3 vaping related items in the past week, and ALL 3 have gotten screwed up somehow! Last week I was waiting for an order of tobacco e-liquid I needed to make my blend, and it got lost in the mail for a few days, and wasnt scanned for 3 days. It should have taken 3 to 4 days at most to get here, but it took 8 days! Last week I had a 510 to Ego adapter that was supposed to be delivered last Friday, but it too has gotten lost in the mail for 3 days, and it just now showed up on the tracking computer, and it only had to go from NY to DE, but somehow it went through 3 NY addresses, then it went to Michigan, where it is now! Lastly, I ordered a Vivi Nova and accessories from a local supplier who was supposed to mail it Thursday, and it wouldve gotten here Friday(with the 510 to Ego adapter), but the guy still hasnt even shipped it yet!

Thank heavens I have extra stuff around to suffice while my orders languish.........

HighlanderNorth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Mid Atlantic USA
Seems like a pretty crappy mail carrier. Are they allowed to do that? If it were me, I'd have a polite conversation with the Postmaster about it.

Maybe leave notice at the house where the contractor is working, so maybe it won't be repeated tomorrow?

Like many gov't jobs, there isnt a whole lot of accountability, and they tolerate LOTS of incompetence and laziness. With mail carriers, it all comes down to personal standards of what each mail person will or will not do. Our guy is a bit of a Richard, but we live on a cul-de-sac where people park on the street, so the mail boxes are some times blocked, but our mail guy will at least get his lazy .... out of the truck and walk 4 feet to the mail box and place the mail in there. But other mail carriers wont do that ever! Its all up each carrier apparently, as the post office employees will tell you that if the mail carrier "doesnt feel like" getting out of the vehicle and walking to your mail box, then they dont have to!

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Glad that didn't happen to the Old me or I would have considered punishment for that disturbed person who did that. I hope you complained. The guys get single minded and don't notice stuff like that. They get in a hurry and consideration goes out the door. I've been in that mode. It's still no excuse. I use to put nasty sticker on them when someone did that. Then they passed a law making that an offense if you blocked a window with a sticker. So now I let Karma catch up to the guys. That stuff us to burn my buitt. LOL. Now I'm much better. May be worth talking to the boss or land owner that is having the work done though.
Post Office has a ton of mail to deliver and if you have a mail box then they will rarely get out of their truck. Makes sense if they did that much they'd get in trouble for being slow.
Take heart. Karma will get or a comic use to say "God will get you for that". LOL
I feel your pain. I was like a kid at Christmas waiting on my fist and my upgrade.

Figgy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
California
My sister has an issue like that. The carrier complained about a dog that was off leash, aggressive, and was barking at him. It happened on my sister's property but it wasn't her dog. Just some neighbor dog that got out. But now she has an aggressive dog report on whatever kind of record they keep of these things. If there's someone in front of her mailbox, they won't deliver.

Where I live, most of the mailboxes are by people's front doors. Our mail carriers park and then walk the block.

I sometimes envy them getting walk around outside all day. We have very mild weather here. I'm sure I'd get sick of it after awhile, though. It's probably tedious and, like any job facing people, you have to deal with cranky folks from time to time. That gets really wearing.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I was supposed to have several items delivered today but apparently there was a contractor doing work on a house a few down from me that decided to park his truck infront of my mailbox all day. If there are cars parked infront of the mailbox, the mailman won't deliver the mail! Now I have to wait until tomorrow and hope whoever parked infront of my mailbox doesn't decide to park there again tomorrow!
super-angry.gif

Ve have Vays of dealink Vit contractors Like Zis'

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I'd have a polite conversation with the Postmaster about it.

BINGO! And if that doesn't work, go up to da next USPS level.

A few years ago, had a young fill-in USPS female mail carrier with a 'bad back' that didn't drop off a 20# package. Had to go to the local PO for my package. Talked to the local PM and she said it was too heavy for her mail carrier. Got in touch with the district/regional/whatever honcho and within a month both women were gone. As it turns out, both had had multiple complaints before.

Don't put up with da BS!

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
or if you're out all day and have the space, tell them they can use your driveway so long as they don't block your mail box.

I had a little bit of juice leakage in my vape mail today, probably due to the footprint on the package. Only lost maybe half a mil, though.

Had another dud carto in a tank, though. derp. and my other cartos from CCV evidently didn't get on the same truck out of raleigh that my juices did.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I watched the mailman drop off my mail, and went down to check it...nothing. Which is strange because the tracking info said out for delivery. I gave the post office a call to check on it.

I checked the tracking info later that day and it said delivered. I was furious thinking they delivered it to the wrong person, so I went down to check. Magically it was there!

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
Seems like a pretty crappy mail carrier. Are they allowed to do that? If it were me, I'd have a polite conversation with the Postmaster about it.

Maybe leave notice at the house where the contractor is working, so maybe it won't be repeated tomorrow?

Depends on the route. If it is classified as a rural route then they will never drop the mail if the box is blocked. I'm on a rural route and we have a bank of mail boxes. We had a contractor block the boxes with his truck and 12 people didn't get their mail. Took 3 days before we figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread