• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
found on another forum: Reference to an Apartment Complex

Received notice today that management will not allow smoking in the buildings and all outdoor areas of the property, effective Jan 1, 2011.

Here's their Definition of Smoking:

"The Term SMOKING means inhaling, exhaling, breathing or carrying any lighted tobacco product, INCLUDING high-tech smoking devices commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes."

I suspect that the people who wrote the policy, don't even know what an electronic cigarette is or how it works.

I was expecting the No Smoking Rule and was planning on using E-cigs to get through it, but this really put a damper in my plans.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this.

And can they REALLY prohibit the use of E-Cigs?

Name withheld (probably from NC)

Any help for this person??

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Well ignorance is the key, many people don't know. They see the vapor and assume it's smoke. As far as I know it's still legal under the NC smoking ban but management has the right to say what goes in their establishment.

I guess the two options would be to try and talk to the management and politely explain what vaping is or vape anyway and don't get caught. I can't condone rule breaking only because it can hurt our cause in the long run.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Are there any stores or tobacconists in the Raleigh area who carry e-cigs/supplies? I'm trying to convert a friend who lives over that way :)

Here's a list of NC vaping sites. As far as I know, NC Vape is the only one in/near Raleigh.

**I had another one in my links not in the map search. It's Misty Mountain Vapors in Raleigh. Never dealt w/ them but there's another.

Last edited:

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
found on another forum: Reference to an Apartment Complex

Received notice today that management will not allow smoking in the buildings and all outdoor areas of the property, effective Jan 1, 2011.

Here's their Definition of Smoking:

"The Term SMOKING means inhaling, exhaling, breathing or carrying any lighted tobacco product, INCLUDING high-tech smoking devices commonly referred to as electronic cigarettes."

I suspect that the people who wrote the policy, don't even know what an electronic cigarette is or how it works.

I was expecting the No Smoking Rule and was planning on using E-cigs to get through it, but this really put a damper in my plans.

I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this.

And can they REALLY prohibit the use of E-Cigs?

Name withheld (probably from NC)

Any help for this person??

So I guess he'd probably be banning the use of inhalers for asthmatics as well then?

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Ok, here is the plan...
January 29th at 5pm at Carolina Ale House

Raleigh Hotels - Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown Hotel & Suites, NC - North Carolina
but there are other hotels in the area. This one is a little over half a mile from the restaurant.

I am also putting together a meeting in Charlotte for February for those that can't make this one.

PM me with any questions
Thanks!

ETA: There will be some special guests in NC for this one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread