• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilly

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Lenoir. New to this vaping thing. Have not had much luck. Love the concept but reliability is the problem. First tried Ehealth, terrible taste, I prefer menthol. Placed an order with Vaportrails. Batteries lasted 3 days. We thought it was a charger problem because I'd have to jiggle the wire, new charger did not help so he sent new batteries and atomizers, one lasted 5 days, the other 7 days. More replacements are on the way. Customer service is great, I just want the stuff to work so any do/don't suggestions are welcome.

wanderlust

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
North Carolina, USA
Monroe.
Have been vaping now for 35 days. Big learning curve. Started generic w/901 and saw potential. Ordered njoy cigar thru target online and saw vapor and large carts. Finally settled on penstyle janty and found taste and some reliability. All three still function but the penstyle seemed to more suit my taste. Have ordered juice from everywhere but like johnsons creek just fine. It's good to see so many from NC.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
A beautiful North Carolina morning
I am disappointed to hear of your experiences. I have been vaping for 6 months and have purchased quite a few products
I have to say I have been remarkably lucky with most of my toys
Maybe a bad atomizer and 2 bad bats, but that has been it, and I vape 24/7, with 36 mg
I think, although would not swear nor promise, it is all up to the supplier and when and where the products are bought. Of late the products coming in from China, appear to be more inconsistent, I have not purchased anything, that seems to have come into the states within the last few weeks,

I have an SD, which has been flawless, my 510 also, flawless
even my 901, 801 have been fine, I also think, that I switch off between all of my cigs, I do not use anyone for more than a few minutes at a time
I go from one to another to another, keeping them all alive much longer, I guess. That is hard to do, when you only have one or maybe two
Again, I have had the time to buy over the last 6 months

Enough of my good fortune. we all need to make plans to hook up somewhere in central NC

My pal Bulldaog44 and Secondson2929, both are kinda close, then we have a handful in Charlotte,like Queenie, so if there is anything we can do to have your e experience be a vappy one, scream!!

your new pal

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
oh I'm a bit tardy on this thread. oh well, I'm in Charlotte. right beside the Arboretum in Raintree.

I'm actually about to take a shot at building a Magnum or something similar...was hoping to start today, but I can't find any damn circuit board material. every Radio Shack employee kept sending me to a different location. I gave up and just went to Gamestop to purchase a game. I know that's not exactly productive toward said goal, but I don't feel like being an adult right now! well...until I pick my daughter up from pre-school that is.

anyways, does anyone near here know where I can purchase some circuit board material? maybe it's not necessary for the mod, but I'm not too certain. I have everything else, and I'd love to get started this evening with it.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
oh I'm a bit tardy on this thread. oh well, I'm in Charlotte. right beside the Arboretum in Raintree.

I'm actually about to take a shot at building a Magnum or something similar...was hoping to start today, but I can't find any damn circuit board material. every Radio Shack employee kept sending me to a different location. I gave up and just went to Gamestop to purchase a game. I know that's not exactly productive toward said goal, but I don't feel like being an adult right now! well...until I pick my daughter up from pre-school that is.

anyways, does anyone near here know where I can purchase some circuit board material? maybe it's not necessary for the mod, but I'm not too certain. I have everything else, and I'd love to get started this evening with it.

Cool! I am five minutes from you!!

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
Cool! I am five minutes from you!!
awesome. it's nice to know I'm not the only person vaping in Charlotte.

a lot of people stare at me when I'm using it at a red light. earlier this morning I took a few good puffs and immediately stuck it between my visor and my CD holder which is strapped to the visor (just a convenient place to put it while driving), and I caught someone staring in near-horror. I'm sure they were thinking, "He just stuck a lit cigarette right in the visor! He doesn't give a ****!" although it was humorous, I feel slightly like a circus freak at times when people "catch" me vaping.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
awesome. it's nice to know I'm not the only person vaping in Charlotte.

a lot of people stare at me when I'm using it at a red light. earlier this morning I took a few good puffs and immediately stuck it between my visor and my CD holder which is strapped to the visor (just a convenient place to put it while driving), and I caught someone staring in near-horror. I'm sure they were thinking, "He just stuck a lit cigarette right in the visor! He doesn't give a ****!" although it was humorous, I feel slightly like a circus freak at times when people "catch" me vaping.

I get looks like it must be something illegal. lol I am near Fullwood and 51. The backside, off of Weddington Road.

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
I get looks like it must be something illegal. lol I am near Fullwood and 51. The backside, off of Weddington Road.
oh wow, you really are like 5 minutes away. hey, this dude at Gamestop told me there's a computer store on the corner of 51 and Monroe. just wondering if you've seen it or know of it since you live right near it. sure I could have easily driven there myself this morning, but I was tired of wasting gas for the elusive circuit board.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
oh wow, you really are like 5 minutes away. hey, this dude at Gamestop told me there's a computer store on the corner of 51 and Monroe. just wondering if you've seen it or know of it since you live right near it. sure I could have easily driven there myself this morning, but I was tired of wasting gas for the elusive circuit board.

Not that I know of. It may be a small, hidden business though. There are a lot of homes that are businesses in that area.

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
Not that I know of. It may be a small, hidden business though. There are a lot of homes that are businesses in that area.
thanks anyways. I'll check it out tomorrow morning.
unfortunately, work gets in the way of my adventures. second shift was a good idea until now. I guess the modification will have to wait. if I wasn't anti-emoticon, I'd find a furious critter from the Smiley pool to emphasize my dismay.

Loogie

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Charlotte, NC - USA
Hey Loogie,

You can give Slayton Computers a call to see if they have circuit board materials. A bit out of the way from you, off of Sugar Creek.

http://slaytoncomputers.com/store/
thanks. I was trying to avoid going there since it's not around my normal driving area, but I may have to convince myself that the importance outweighs my stubbornness. I didn't know they had a website, though. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread