• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

dochogan

Jun 13, 2009
LOL dochogan...we moved our gathering to that New World Cafe because of your previous post! :lol:
I figured as much, and that's what has me the most aggravated! I figured New World was a lost cause for a meetup, and then I miss it when it happens. Fudge.

But nope...we definitely didn't see any scruffy guy with a tablet pc, giant dog, nor wearing a kilt. :p
Well, you might've just overlooked me...it's not like I stand out or anything :p

But no worries....we'll do another one in the near future.
I'm looking forward to it! What did everyone think of the place?

:oops: I started in May 2009 so I'm a newb .. as for models I have (Beci) 901 and my favorite (Smokey Treats) purple 510 . I try and buy juice from many sites so I can spread the love around :wub:

I was looking forward to a better e-cig (IE) Titan ....screwdriver but now I'm a bit concerned over the know nothing... know it all... F.D.A. using their scare tactics to ban a very comforting and useful way to cut down my nic intake.

Welcome to the cult...erm...club! I'm somewhat in the same boat myself. I've decided, though, to
  • Listen to what my body tells me, which is that although I'm not feeling healthy *yet*, I feel less crappy by the day. ecig stays
  • The studies that *have* been made, including the one used by the FDA this week make me VERY confident that eCigs, even if not healthy per se, are SIGNIFICANTLY healthier than cigarettes. eCig stays
  • The savings are astronomical overall. Vaping is far, far cheaper than analogs, the car doesn't need to be de-stinkified weekly, same for apartment, clothes, everything. No cinder holes in clothes or car. Etc etc etc. eCig stays
  • Cleaning costs are hugely reduced. See previous bullet. On top of which, the vapor actually leaves a GREAT smell behind, IMO, almost like a scented candle. So no need to buy scented candles :D More savings! eCigs stay

So I'm actually trying to find the downside of eCigs, and I can't find ANY. None. At. All. The FDA can take a flying f*&k at a rolling doughnut as far as I care. This will be another Prohibition, and unenforceable. If necessary, I will manufacturer every single thing I need to continue for as long as is necessary. I will *not* give up freedom in the name of someone else's security (or of my own).

Welcome to you, too, Wylmryk. I'm only 30 days in myself, so I know how you feel. Do your research though, and I think you'll be less worried about the fed propaganda, and find that you are capable of an informed decision and sticking to what you feel is best for YOU.

Last edited:

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
:oops: I started in May 2009 so I'm a newb .. as for models I have (Beci) 901 and my favorite (Smokey Treats) purple 510 . I try and buy juice from many sites so I can spread the love around :wub:

I was looking forward to a better e-cig (IE) Titan ....screwdriver but now I'm a bit concerned over the know nothing... know it all... F.D.A. using their scare tactics to ban a very comforting and useful way to cut down my nic intake.

LOL....if you started in May, I don't think you classify as a newb anymore. :D But I know what you mean about spreading the love....I've been buying juice from all kinds of suppliers while in search for that "perfect" juice.:D I think right now, I could probably survive easily for 6 months if the FDA tried to cut off our supply. :p

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
Hi all.

New guy here, in Charlotte. Dropping in to say hi, maybe get to know some of you guys. Stinks being a newbie during the FDA crud, but hey, better late than never I guess. :)

Hello and welcom Wylmryk! :) You're absolutely correct...better late than never! :thumb:

There are several vapers in your city...so hopefully y'all can get a gathering started down there. Also, keep on eye on this thread....mamacat was talking about doing a vape-in down there in the near future......I'm even considering a road trip just to support it. :D

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
What did everyone think of the place?

To be perfectly honest....I didn't get to see anything other than the outside area! :oops: I got there a little late.....but hey....it's a 90 minute drive for me! I was definitely looking forward to checking it out and also checking out their food....their website makes it all sound so nice. But the outside was nice...and the free internet was a very good thing (stupid Starbucks! :mad:) But no worries....I predict we'll do another gathering there in the near future. :D

• Listen to what my body tells me, which is that although I'm not feeling healthy *yet*, I feel less crappy by the day. eCig stays
  • The studies that *have* been made, including the one used by the FDA this week make me VERY confident that eCigs, even if not healthy per se, are SIGNIFICANTLY healthier than cigarettes. eCig stays
  • The savings are astronomical overall. Vaping is far, far cheaper than analogs, the car doesn't need to be de-stinkified weekly, same for apartment, clothes, everything. No cinder holes in clothes or car. Etc etc etc. eCig stays
  • Cleaning costs are hugely reduced. See previous bullet. On top of which, the vapor actually leaves a GREAT smell behind, IMO, almost like a scented candle. So no need to buy scented candles :D More savings! eCigs stay.
I couldnt have said it better and you really have me on the scented candle part *sniffs air* I guess the F.D.A. thing boils down to how do they TAX this ...I dont believe they will ban itjust tax it to death like every thing else

LOL....if you started in May, I don't think you classify as a newb anymore. :D But I know what you mean about spreading the love....I've been buying juice from all kinds of suppliers while in search for that "perfect" juice.:D I think right now, I could probably survive easily for 6 months if the FDA tried to cut off our supply. :p

Yeah did you find a good one? Im liking 555 , Tobacco, and Mbro ah and Pineapple . I bought a bunch of cherry and strawberry but ugh its nasty so worse case for me is adding some flavor to them ....... I didnt know most suppliers sold samples :oops: but alas live -n- learn

dochogan

Jun 13, 2009
I couldnt have said it better and you really have me on the scented candle part *sniffs air* I guess the F.D.A. thing boils down to how do they TAX this ...I dont believe they will ban itjust tax it to death like every thing else

There's a hidden, but HUGE, significance to that statement...I can SMELL that it smells good. Major, major realization.

dochogan

Jun 13, 2009
I'm down for a Charlotte gathering. what goes on at gatherings by the way? I've never participated in an internet-formed gathering of any sort. let's make it happen.

Loogie, keep on eye in the MyFreedomSmokes vendors forum...Chris (MyFreedomSmokes), mamacat, and several of the customers are all Charlotte or Winston-Salem folk, and organize some gatherings and on-on-ones through there, as well as here in the NC E-smokers forum.

I have sold 3 cig kits, to outer bank residents. keep it going in NC., wish we could be down there now.
Vapes are definitely picking up here in NC. Here in Raleigh, I've gotten at least 4 people into a DSE901 setup, and of seen and/or heard of other vapers in the area (inlcuding those ones who show up at my hangouts when I'm not there :p )

Last edited:

Zedayn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Austin, TX
Loogie, keep on eye in the MyFreedomSmokes vendors forum...Chris (MyFreedomSmokes), mamacat, and several of the customers are all Charlotte or Winston-Salem folk, and organize some gatherings and on-on-ones through there, as well as here in the NC E-smokers forum.

mamacat has told me there should be a meetup in the near future in Charlotte. Looking forward to it myself!

cville

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 20, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
Hello and welcom Wylmryk! :) You're absolutely correct...better late than never! :thumb:

There are several vapers in your city...so hopefully y'all can get a gathering started down there. Also, keep on eye on this thread....mamacat was talking about doing a vape-in down there in the near future......I'm even considering a road trip just to support it. :D

I'm down for a Charlotte gathering. what goes on at gatherings by the way? I've never participated in an internet-formed gathering of any sort. let's make it happen.

/snip

mamacat has told me there should be a meetup in the near future in Charlotte. Looking forward to it myself!

I guess I better get the ball rolling for the CLT area vape-in!! :D If there is enough statewide interest, I might try to get one set-up in the WS/GSO area. Let me know what you guys think!!

EDIT ~ There is a social group set-up for NC Vapers at this link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/tarheel-vapers.html. Go in and join when you have time!!

Last edited:

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
I guess I better get the ball rolling for the CLT area vape-in!! :D If there is enough statewide interest, I might try to get one set-up in the WS/GSO area. Let me know what you guys think!!

EDIT ~ There is a forum group set-up for NC Vapers at this link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/tarheel-vapers.html. Go in and join when you have time!!

mamacat....I'm confused....we already have a forum group set up for NC Vapers....we're posting in it right now! :confused:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
mamacat....I'm confused....we already have a forum group set up for NC Vapers....we're posting in it right now! :confused:

This is not a subforum but merely a thread in a subforum called US E-Smokers. There is an actual subforum/social group, via the link I gave earlier, called the Tarheel Vapers moderated by Midnight Toker. :) Join if you would like. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread