Not a huge fan of TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Hey guys. So recently I purchased the mclass and a herakles tank with ni200 coils. I set it up and I have the temp set at 390 @30j. It produces decent vapor, and flavor is okay, but I don't really see the hype in it. Call me crazy but thats just my opinion. My tank gets hot really quickly, it uses up the battery life like crazy, and it consumes 3 mls like nothing compared to my old atlantis. I'm not a huge fan of tc and im kind of disappointed. Any advice to make this experience better? Maybe advice on my settings with joules and degrees? Im thinking about getting the starre pro as well so hopefully it'll get better.

Last edited:

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I don't like temp control either, can't get the same dense hot vape. I've been using the Snow Wolf 200w so maybe it'll be different when I get a DNA 200 box but I doubt it. The main thing I've seen why people like temp control is "no dry hits" but anyone who drips should know when it's time to add more juice and on tanks if you're getting dry hits it's something you're doing wrong.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
I don't like temp control either, can't get the same dense hot vape. I've been using the Snow Wolf 200w so maybe it'll be different when I get a DNA 200 box but I doubt it. The main thing I've seen why people like temp control is "no dry hits" but anyone who drips should know when it's time to add more juice and on tanks if you're getting dry hits it's something you're doing wrong.
When I use temp control i still get a lot of vapor and the flavor is decent, but its just not worth the short battery life, high ejuice consumption, and hot tank. With my atlantis i was getting less vapor, better flavor, and my battery life lasted longer and ejuice consumption wasnt as quick. Maybe its the tank I'm using currently (herakles).

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
That is just faulty or poor circuit design it should use less power if the temp limit is kicking in, if not then the same as std VW mode.
So my sx mini m class might be faulty? I never got a dry hit or anything. It's actually been working. Its just for me, its not worth the shortened battery life and high juice consumption. In wattage mode it works flawlessly for me.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A single battery mod is only going to last so long, but as VB said temperature control should save you some battery life, not use more. Have you tried any other tanks or drippers with TC before assuming it's the technology as a whole and not a single coil or atomizer? You may be pleasantly surprised if you look further.

-Treeburner

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
A single battery mod is only going to last so long, but as VB said temperature control should save you some battery life, not use more. Have you tried any other tanks or drippers with TC before assuming it's the technology as a whole and not a single coil or atomizer? You may be pleasantly surprised if you look further.

-Treeburner
Thats true. I only tried one coil. Maybe its a faulty coil? I have a 5 pack so ill pop in another and see how it works.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thats true. I only tried one coil. Maybe its a faulty coil? I have a 5 pack so ill pop in another and see how it works.

To be honest I've heard a lot of bad things about pre-made nickel coils regardless of the manufacturer, which doesn't surprise me considering how delicate nickel can be. Hopefully now that more mods are accommodating titanium more companies will make TC coils out of Ti.

-Treeburner

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
To be honest I've heard a lot of bad things about pre-made nickel coils regardless of the manufacturer, which doesn't surprise me considering how delicate nickel can be. Hopefully now that more mods are accommodating titanium more companies will make TC coils out of Ti.

-Treeburner
Yea i've heard mixed reviews on nickel coils. Hopefully this coil i have is a faulty coil. If it does the same thing with the other coil, then im not sure what to do next lol

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey

-Treeburner
I always thought battery life would he less because there's a lot going on with the chip in temp mode.

ZackM

Feb 23, 2015
New Jersey
Yeah, I'm getting better battery life on my sx minis in tc. Now I'm comparing the same tanks though that I used to use with kanthal builds. It could be that tank or its coils and not the mod.
I really hope its not the mod. For $200 it shouldnt have any problems with the chip. Hopefully its the coil. Ill switch it out and see if another coil is any better

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
for me its not so much about not getting dry hits as much as not worrying about getting dry hits. I like to drip but I have a hard time knowing when to re juice.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
no, I just don't like the weak, cool vape TC gives
That's user error not temperature control
1.] you control temperature
2.] you control power
3.] If using Evolv, time to heatup is much quicker then with ordinary VV/VW do to full power pre-heat

If you're getting weak, cool vape, you're doing something wrong

Reactions: GeorgeS

coilburner

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2015
That's user error not temperature control
1.] you control temperature
2.] you control power
3.] If using Evolv, time to heatup is much quicker then with ordinary VV/VW do to full power pre-heat

If you're getting weak, cool vape, you're doing something wrong
Im vaping at max temp and I getting a cool vape, doesn't matter what wattage. So please explain what Im doing wrong.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For me temperature control is all about consistency - I can take ten vapes in a row and the last will be the same temperature and give the same flavor and vapor as the first. For those complaining about a cool vape, I suggest you turn the temperature up - regardless of what other people set their temperature at, if you find you're comfortable at 600° then more power to ya.

-Treeburner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread