Not getting much vapor from blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
I posted this over on the DIY forum, but didn't really get any responses, wanted to see if anyone here had some ideas.

So I tried mixing up my first batches today from DIY shop, I went with a fairly simple mix as suggested using 5ml of base, 3ml of pg and 2ml of flavoring. The flavor was terrific, and it created plenty of vapor in the mouth, but once inhaled nothing.... no vapor when exhaled.

I have been using pure PG liquids since I started vaping, I don't care for VG for several reasons (people I know had issues with it, leaves nasty residue in mouth when I vape it, etc.) It's just my personal preference. Anyways I have lot's of pure PG liquids from other suppliers and even some of the cheap pure PG dekang and they all produce tons of vapor.

Yet my DIY liquids don't even produce a wisp of vapor on exhale... little lost on why my other juice that should in principal be the same produces so much vapor while my homemade produces none... any ideas?

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Heya Xenite -

Do you get the same results with vaping the plain PG without flavorings?

I know that a number of pre-mixed e-liquids out there do contain a certain % of glycerol (VG) to add vapor production to the liquids. We used to carry bestecig liquids, and theirs contained ~10% glycerol.

Also, if you could include your recipe, I'd like to try it on my side.

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
I made up three batches:

Mint Chip:
5ml 48mg base
3ml PG
2ml Lorann Mint Chip

Bubble Gum:
5ml 48mg base
3ml PG
2ml Perfumers Apprentice Bubble Gum

Marshmallow:
2.5ml 48mg base
1.5ml PG
1.0ml Lorann Marshmallow

They all have great flavor and vapor in the mouth, just nothing on exhale. :confused:

Just for a test I cut my marshmallow mix with a small amount of 11mg WoWBoy from V4L and it produces tons of vapor now, and also created a most yummy flavor accident... taste like a chocolate covered marshmallow.

Xenite

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
California
vaping101.blogspot.com
We are mainly using KR808's, I also have a pass through and a XL battery that run at a higher voltage. The pass through does seem to get a tiny bit more but still only a whisp on exhale.

To be honest the other liquids we have, even though they claim to be pure PG could have some VG in them. I have yet to see a bottle with ingredient percentages or ingredients period.

One reason I want to get these DIY liquids working, we know EXACTLY what we have put into them. No guessing, or wondering. :)

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Xenite -

The mixtures do produce a much smaller amount of vapor than I prefer, however I did get noticeable vapor on exhale that dissipated quickly. I made up half size batches to what you are using (2.5ml). One thing that I did to increase vapor production was to use 4 drops of VG to my mixture to add some vapor.

Also, I vaped just the flavor-it-yourself cut down to 24mg with just PG, and noticed the vapor production was much better.

After looking at the ingredients on the LorAnn marshmallow, I see that it does contain water in part of the dilution. It could be that this particular flavor has enough water in the mixture to lower your vapor production.

I would suggest to use a 5-10% VG to some of your weak vapor mixtures to crank up the vapor production.

Also, as to what ingredients are in your juices, I would venture a guess that a lot of the "name brand" e-liquids on the market use a certain % of Glycerol/VG to boost vapor production. One of the big complaints within the e-cig community is the lack of vapor production, so they have tuned their recipes to include enough Glycerol/VG to balance out the vapor production on flavorings that further dilute the PG.

We used to carry bestecig liquids, and they do list the ingredients for their e-liquid, to a degree, and they put in ~10% Glycerol. I notice their liquids are a bit thicker than our flavor-it-yourself 100% PG juice. Our flavor-it-yourself 36 PG e-liquid is a very simple liquid. It is ~3.6% nicotine and ~96.4% PG.

I hope this helps, and happy mixing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread