May 20, 2019
Anyone trying these out, I might get a few
Screenshot_20191227-222402_Chrome.jpg

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    I have used notch coils, but not those. The ones I used were quite large, both in length and in ID. The notch portion was SS, but the legs were Nickel and very delicate. After breaking 3 or 4 legs I decided they weren't worth the hassle. They did light up super fast, and were limited to about 30 watts. Good luck if you purchase them :)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Mine even came with a little leg bending tool, and they still broke. Plus, it was finnicky to get the leg attachment point to line up where you wanted (mine also bowed a little like I see in yours) :mad:
    They were a great concept, just not well thought out... Somewhat like that total PoS Wismec Theorem where they were introduced.

To this day I avoid all stuff that has Jaybo or SMM influence. :nah:

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    To this day I AVOID ALL STUFF THAT HAS Jaybo or SMM influence. :nah:
    #truth.
    Fixed it for you. I was a big fan of the Serpent line till SMM touched it. My Serpent 25 still lives. That Theroem glass should have come in 12 packs. :D SMM has singlehandedly been the cause of me not buying ANY reviewer collaboration product :thumb:

wheelie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 12, 2014
    Ont. Canada
    www.independentont.com
    Still have a pile of notch coils. I used them rebuilding my stock Cleito coils. They worked very well because of the high height of the cleitos. They also fit in stock Atlantis, Hercules, Melo ECT coils. I only used them as vertical coils. Air through the middle and wick around the outside. Have moved to single coil rebuildables tanks and have not found a use for the rest of them I have. Yes have to be careful with the legs. Will use them up some day as I used to love them as it saved a bunch of time not having to wrap coils to rebuild. But they are not cheap anymore to buy like they were a couple years ago. CHEERS!

Last edited:
    Reactions: TrollDragon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread