Not open for further replies.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Happy belated Birthday 908 !!!

Thanks for the recipe, Bov !!! I've been using the same recipes so long I can't recall my pg/vg ratio....My guess is 70/30.....

So after falling down 2 nights ago I drove too the beach and cut the grass yesterday....So 2 hours in a small 4X4 over some less than smooth roads combined with 2 hours on a 1986 big old mower equals a pretty sore old dude....The yard looks good though...Finished massacring a gardenia bush Mom started trimming back against Sis' order to not trim....I just leveled it off....We got these briar vines down there that round up won't touch...Had one I'd freed from a gardenia stretched out on the ground....I drenched it with overtaxed round up and it was still thriving 3 weeks later.....Dug up the root yesterday....3 balls of about tennis ball size on that root....Probably like a dandelion though....leave one root hair get a new briar vine...Checked the deck on arrival back home and yeah....still wet....When staining wood that's been wet I place one drop of water on it and see how it absorbs in....So far there's been no need for that.....We're smack dab in the dry season and waterlogged...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
All the diy I read says to mix different strawberry flavors to get a more authentic flavor, but I prefer a very mild strawberry taste in my cheesecake. That sounds good tho, Tracy. Not an all day'er for me tho.

I'm glad you're stocked up, Jerry. I don't care for tobacco vapes, so I can't make any suggestions on diy for them.

Dee, we have what is called Smilax vine here, and it is absolutely nothing to smile about!! Roundup won't touch it, it spreads by underground runners, grows a mile a minute, has NASTY thorns, and latches on to everything with wire tuff tendrils. And if that weren't enough...a lot of people get a poison ivy type rash just from touching it. So far, I haven't gotten the rash, but plain jane garden gloves are no match for it's thorns...ask me how I know :-x

I am impatiently waiting to hear about the FHA appraisal. I was ready to use my phone for skeet practice yesterday because of those damn spam calls! I blocked 17 numbers in the span of just a few hours...every single one had a Georgia area code. Right now I can't just block all numbers not on my contact list since I get calls about the house deal from various unpredictable people. So far, so good today.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
I tried everything Bov. With the iPhone and probably all Androids have messages like... Can I call you latter... etc
A few weeks ago I set this up...

Please leave a VM/I’ll call back ASAP

It’s been working great. I’ve had 4-5 that said the cops were after me, but the one that hang up, I block and the people that need me have used VM.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I've had some spirited conversations with scammers calling here lately....It's down to the point if you're not shown as a known contact I don't answer....

I got a couple three strawberry flavors from my former strawberry cheesecake mixes....Debating mixing a new strawberry cheesecake with a mix of the strawberry already here....NY Cheesecake is already in my Grant's Vanilla Custard alternate #2....VG though....yeah I'm out

Still waiting on the deck too dry but it's drying and not getting saturated daily....Debating hitting a local auction tomorrow....Nice looking pre 1995 small Toyota pick up and an all stainless steel Wilmington Grille....Just enough info on the Toyota you gotta attend and those Wilmington grilles are expensive....Likely both will bring more than I'd be willing to spend but there's only one way to confirm that....Gonna head up the road here in a bit and become a member of Costco....They got Greenies and some stevia I need....Still planning on ordering a Rec Tec wood pellet grille....Should I be able to score the Wilmington tomorrow I'll shift my Holland Grille too the beach. Wanted the deck stained and a little more cleanup of Mom's garage before the Rec Tec arrives....It's computer controlled so it must be indoors when not in use....at least mine must be....Figured a new grille when I'm at optimum weight just might keep me at optimum through the winter months....Never cooked a brisket but I'll be getting into that when I get the Rec Tec....Should be great with Boston Butts as well....The butts I'll hand pull and sauce up a shade....Eastern NC BBQ....It's a thing....Wharf here's the sauce recipe....A straight old school NC blend intended for chopped whole hog BBQ...This is the smaller recipe and I've got another that yields a shade over 2 gallons.

1 cup white Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup brown Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper {powder}
1 Tablespoon Texas Pete or similar hot sauce....I use the Pete
1 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper

Now the OG way was mix and use....I prefer combining and simmering until the cayenne smell starts smelling up the kitchen....Just low heat and the cayenne will become apparent...Stir well when combined and a couple of times while heating....I just kill the heat and leave it to cool....With the small recipe it can be added directly too the container....I'm dealing with gallons so multiple containers and I want all solids evenly divided between the gallons...I also add a dash of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes when simmering and a few into the gallon jugs...Best to marinate some thin sliced pork shops or some pork tenderloins before grilling....The thicker the meat the longer the soak....I hit a pork tenderloin at least 24 hours in the soak and then 30 minutes a side on the Holland gas grille....Then you will have the taste of authentic Eastern NC BBQ...I soak my chicken in it as well and cook without adding anything once on the fire.....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Yeah Wharf, once this house deal is done, I'll set up something similar to the VM you mentioned. Right now I just try to look up the number on Google to see if there are complaints.

Speaking of the house deal, still waiting for the official word from the underwriter. Spoke with my loan originator this morning and the FHA appraisal should be reviewed today. Said I'll get an email from the underwriter in a day or so once the review is processed. She did say she doesn't see any glaring problems, house appraised $5k above my purchase price, and looks like we are still on track to close on the 24th. Reminding myself to breathe...what will be, will be!!

Thanks for the sauce recipe, Dee! Sounds great :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yeah Wharf, once this house deal is done, I'll set up something similar to the VM you mentioned. Right now I just try to look up the number on Google to see if there are complaints.

Speaking of the house deal, still waiting for the official word from the underwriter. Spoke with my loan originator this morning and the FHA appraisal should be reviewed today. Said I'll get an email from the underwriter in a day or so once the review is processed. She did say she doesn't see any glaring problems, house appraised $5k above my purchase price, and looks like we are still on track to close on the 24th. Reminding myself to breathe...what will be, will be!!

Thanks for the sauce recipe, Dee! Sounds great :)
    Keeping fingers crossed:)

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Ha! I discovered I can block area codes!! Bye-bye Georgia spammer :lol:

A couple of weeks ago my belovd Think Vape Finder dna133 kicked the bucket. She was a sweet ride for the 2 years I had her...

Think Vape Finder133 1.jpg

Today, my 2nd Lost Vape Therion dna75 chit the bed. It was my 2nd because my first one lasted almost a year before the fire button started sticking. Al from the vape shop kindly replaced it for me, and this 2nd one lasted about a year before the same thing started happening today. I'll miss them both :'(

Therion DNA 75 001.JPG

El Dee

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 1, 2010
    DIXIE
    Last months DirecTV bill was 103.....Got a $4 late fee this month as I just forgot....$156......new 12 month contract last year got me free NFL Sunday Ticket....They just went ahead and added it this year for a little over $300....$49 per for 6 months....+ taxes.....My intentions were to renew again for the same deal....Trust me I'm squeezing the life outta them....

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Bov, do you have a working pv? This is not the time to be without! (No time is)
    If you need one, pm me sweets!

Tracy, thank you so much for your kind offer, but I have plenty of pvs! These were just my 2 dna favorites :)

You should be fine with the underwriter Bov !!!

I should be, Wharf but I will need a straight jacket by the time Monday comes if I don't hear from them today :shock:

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fresno, Ca
    www.gratefulvaper.com
    I've picked up a couple of pods lately. the Rincoe Ceto and the SMPO os. The Rincoe overtook the Suorin Air as my favorite. Best flavor so far and has a Goldilocks draw, not to tight, not to loose... just right :thumb:.
    The SMPO was intriguing, great form factor and you can bite the mouthpiece. However the the draw is a bit too tight for me and the C Cell's flavor is lacking.
    Lastly I dug up the Le Pettit Gross, an 18350 hybrid. As far as hybrids go, this is done right. It's hard to stealth because it throws a good size cloud ;)

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread