NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Fran, I wish Hubs's numbers were back in the normal range, but it's good to hear they are way lower than pre-chemo. Prayers, as always :wub:

Wow, Dee, I sure don't envy your clean up :( We were very lucky here. According to Pokey's rain gauge, we only got about 4" of rain from Flo. I cleaned up my yard and then mowed it yesterday.

I think I embarrassed my UPS guy this morning. I was still asleep when he brought my new sofa, and since that box weighs 100lbs, I wanted him to get it in the door for me. Heard him, jumped outa bed and threw on a t-shirt to go hold the doors out of his way. Poor youngin is probably scarred for life now...I sleep in what God gave me :lol: At least the t-shirt was a long one!

That'll teach him not to deliver early to my house!!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I looked at a detailed rain map today...Yesterday it said some areas got 36 inches....I could not find that amount anywhere in the State....It did say we had 12~16 inches here....

Got the dump trailer full of limbs and it's a dang big trailer...All from one little spot where the tree fell into the creek....It's gonna take at least a week to cut/rake/pick up all that sheet....My yard is still like a very wet sponge....Went down to look at the Cape Fear today....It had dropped about 6~8 inches according to the bridge supports....Did I get in the fire ants down there???? Yepp....I keep it up they're gonna have to amputate my feet...

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Amdro in the white jug kills fire ants...I get the small jug because it must be fresh for best results...The more yellow the Amdro pellets the older it is....I also use Ortho in the brown container...Ortho is powder and will yellow the grass but it greens back quickly....Either works I like the Amdro best...I've gotten it at Lowes and Wal Mart....Try and find the newest container in the store....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I should have two cords of split, seasoned, wood coming in tomorrow, about the same time the heater guy stops by for their annual check. We mainly burn for ambiance, on dreary winter days, but it it's nice when we get a real cold snap; a good fire brings on the z's [emoji3]

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
A route too the beach house opened last night....A damn long route through some old school NC towns...The whole route we saw devastation...Large trees on and through houses....flooded homes....drowned crops...on and on....My trailer for the most part is good....115mph winds with gusts too 135mph for hours on end...It was brutal....The master bedroom has a huge window...1/2 the window measuring 26 X 46 was sucked and not blown out of the frame....it landed about 20 feet away in the yard....Then the rain and wind had their way for days...the walls and floor are done...the new floor I just put in the bathroom is even ruined....I got debris out the ying yang in the yard....one huge pine leaning hard and if it falls it will hit the house....one tree down that hit nothing...limb damaged the storage building roof causing a leak that saturated the inside...All in all it was a tough day....I got insurance and construction skills......Last I heard and I'm sure there's been an increase since......26 people were killed in NC.....May they rest easy....

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
I gotta admit when I saw what happened to the new floor in the bathroom I felt backed into a corner...Trust this....I'll keep my eyes up and come out swinging every time....I'm going over every square inch of the property before I even think of filing a claim....

Pulse died...I ordered another....Gonna try the Wotofo Profile RDA....It's mesh with a spring loaded ceramic trough that keeps the wick in contact with the coil...wick has a thing like the end of a shoelace for feeding cotton under the mesh...juice is fed too the center of the trough directly to the center of the wick...Everything I saw I liked and have heard many say they like mesh coils....I added in the Simple Squonk and will try the RDA provided....I always got the Dead Rabbit in case...Nite Core came out with a 6 bay 20700 capable....We'll see how that works...Got spare wicks and mesh for the Profile and a couple of flavors from Charlie's Chalk Dust...Just something different....By now I've mixed gallons of juice...Should I like the CCD I'll attempt cloning....After the day I had yesterday......Well I'll be suffering but with vapor clouds adamnplenty....

Scored the complete window for the trailer for $$100....it's in the shop.....was $$117 at the best online site I found and shipping was extra....Gotta round up the silicone and some stainless screws....Gonna be a long slow process but the ball is rolling.....As it stands with the debris...dump trailer is overflowing...3 separate piles growing steadily around the property....That'll keep the fires smaller and the limb toting cut down a bit...Probably gonna be a few days before I get everything here picked up and I've yet to cut up the downed trees...Local yearly military surplus auction is tomorrow at 9am....Gonna hit that and add to the tool collection if possible....

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hope you like the Simple, El Dee. I find it quite decent, and the included rda works well for me.

Fasttech has a vpdam leon 20700 squonker for $16, couldn't resist picking one up. I like the look and feel (the blue and black looks very nice, understated), but the 510 and bottle are meh (bottle needs Teflon tape on the threads to make it airtight, but there still seems to be a little leak off the 510). I ordered a modmaker 510 connector, with 22mm black washer, will redo the connector and replace the positive contact with some of my good hard copper ( with rounded edges to be good to the batteries). All in I'll be under $30 to have it exactly the way I want (short throw and very low loss).

(The reason for the Leon is my predator mech door was eaten by a lawnmower. I loved how the predator worked after I updated it, but the door magnets were iffy.)

I like the leon enough to have ordered a second, will give it the same rebuild.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Got my vpdam leon rebuild done, reusing the modmaker 510 from the predator. The washer for the original 510 is the right size to use with the mm510 [emoji3] It's dialed in for a short throw, vaping great.

Hoping my sinuses clear up soon. 4 out of the last 5 days I've had sinus toothaches. The signs are that they start in the upper jaw, aren't localized to any single tooth, may bounce around. For even more fun, after a while you can get referred tooth pain - it'll feel like a toothache in the lower jaw on the same side.

The "tells" are that it happens when your sinuses are pretty obviously clogged, you may get temporary relief from things like a hot shower, and pain increases if you bend over while standing. It can also come and go throughout the day, periods when your sinuses are clearing a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread