NotCigs refugee thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldtimeRocker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2014
N.H.
Got my 50 as well ! liking it, it's just a tad longer which is nice as grip and the switch is fixed nice clicky. I will rate it a 8.5/10 because of the battery LOL plus no mod is prefect but this one is pretty nice.

-23F right now some are saying some of the hollows may reach -35F brrrrrrrrr hoping am not in one of those hollows myself. hope every one is safe and sound and warm.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Looks like nobody is left stickless today :thumb: That was super fast shipping. Especially for free.

@Bov, Don't take just my opinion on sub ohming. Many people love it. I like to taste all of the subtle flavors in my juice and for me with sub ohming, I only taste the dominant flavor. I guess it is all about what you are looking for in a vape. We all know that each flavor tastes very different at different wattage. Sub ohm/ high watts is just not for me :)

Matter of fact, many of my flavors taste best at lower wattage.

ETA- I would think that any requests put in at Kanger would get the latest revision of the insulator? Kind of glad that I was too lazy to request the wrong one :laugh:

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
It hasn't been that long since a 1.5 was considered a low resistance atomizer...My first venture into sub was done with a Trident/N Zonic clone rig...Straight mechanical and pinky fire...I couldn't measure sub so I just took what I had in the K Fun and added a second coil...By my calculations it should have been .7...It was great...drip feeding and pinky fire quickly got old...My take on it at that time was that tank fed would be a winner...We shall see...and watch me twist the wire before coiling that sucker up...

Spring cleaning the other day I came across some info from Totally Wicked...I had this charger where like 5 of those stick batteries screwed into from TW...I had scribbled some notes on getting a cart to drip the atty and for the life of me could never see that working...It didn't...I had also written "pryamid tea bag"...Dang glad those days are over...Thing is most of us quit smoking using that stuff...These cats today have got it made....

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Your thoughts on the Haze didn't go un noticed ElDee, I just forgot to post it in my excitement of all of us getting "sticked" at once! Lol man, that sounds bad! **facepalm** Anyways, I will be trying out your suggestion next mix!!
Exactly what Salem posted about flavor is why I don't really like the sub ohm side of life. That and it makes me cough!

Have a great day everyone!!! Back later...

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Good morning Folks. Didn't get around much yesterday and prolly won't today unless it rains. Glad to see everybody getting and enjoying their newies. I'm with Salem on the sub ohm, high wattage thing. It's not for me either. The juices I mix don't do well too hot. Glad to see they're making stuff now for everybody.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Morning folks :)

Salem, be careful on the roads!!

Wuzz, in my Sticked excitement I forgot to tell you I'm happy your Dr. appt went well.

So far I'm loving the Stick! It's rocking the socks off my little Nauty Mini with the 1.8 head (which reads 2.0) at 10w. Dee and Wharf, I'm learning to appreciate the bigger air holes. It's a totally different vape style than I'm used to, but hey...change is good, right? Looking forward to playing with the Subtank. I'm sure I'll experiment with the low ohm/highish wattage thing, not convinced either way yet :)

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Dang snow snuck in and got us too....Not real happy about that....24* atm.....Yay !!

Got my shipping notice for my KSM...My tips and cotton from SoV...Tap....tap....tap...The KSM should've shipped yesterday...SoV well they had a 50% sale and are slow from the git without that...

Trust I'll be adding the 1.2 coil head into the KSM for the first experience...Subbing with the combo may be better/may not...One thing is for sure...I don't want to work on it very much to keep it puffing..

Yeah I refilled the PH and forgot to add the BC...

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
My thoughts exactly Dee. Plan to start out with the 1.2 coil and ease into it before I try the .5 coil. Once I get to the comfort level of trying my hand at building, I'll probably pick your brain for advice :)

My iStick and Sully Erna kept me company while I ran errands. I am loving this iStick...a lot!

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Bov the first move would be the Coil Master...That takes about 99% of the difficulty away...Then the cotton and wire....

I got no problems with the Green Wick...The pads I've never tried....I've got some Chaddos coming to see if there is any difference...GW is Japanese Organic...Chaddos supposedly has all the strands running in one direction...Got my notification from SoV so maybe we'll see by the end of the week...

Stuck inside by the surprise storm...They didn't brine the roads and while I could go if I wanted the risk of being hit outweighs the need to travel...

Pokeygizmo

Perfectly Imperfect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
South Carolina
I be Sticked as well!!!

My order is placed and for the KSM, too! And I went with....FUSCHIA!! red.

I resoundingly second the vote for a pic of the girly stick!! While y'all are figuring out the ohms and insulators and watts and such, I am focusing on the important stuff...like, finding a matching/complimentary DT ;) Looking for some inspiration, Tracy...

.... fugly o-rings??? Hahahaha! Understatement... Good find on the replacements, Bov!

Y'all are contagious with your enthusiasm--some things never change, thank goodness :wub:

Thanks for the head's up on the good deal, Salem. Hope your appointment went well and no troubles on the road!

Wicked nasty outside, today, meh. Nothing like y'all, of course, but I reserve my right to whine :rolleyes:

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Morning folks :)

Salem, be careful on the roads!!

Wuzz, in my Sticked excitement I forgot to tell you I'm happy your Dr. appt went well.

So far I'm loving the Stick! It's rocking the socks off my little Nauty Mini with the 1.8 head (which reads 2.0) at 10w. Dee and Wharf, I'm learning to appreciate the bigger air holes. It's a totally different vape style than I'm used to, but hey...change is good, right? Looking forward to playing with the Subtank. I'm sure I'll experiment with the low ohm/highish wattage thing, not convinced either way yet :)

The roads were okay this morning. I stayed on the well traveled roads and skipped the back roads. We are supposed to get another 8 inches tomorrow night mixed with sleet. I knew that we would not get away without having at least 1 power loss this winter.

I was able to get an injection in the nerve at the base of my thumb today ( hurt like a somabeach) Hopefully it will help to hold the 3rd surgery off for awhile on my right hand though.

I am SO happy that you are loving the stick, Bov :D The 50 is much bigger and heavier than the 20s but still good for taking out and about. LD, good call on staying home. If I were not in so much pain with this hand and had not missed last week appt due to ice, I would have done the same.

DH had a doc appt on Thursday about 30 miles away. They called today to reschedule as they are already planning to close that day. I have to take my mom to doc appt tomorrow afternoon but, we should be okay as the appt time is just before the bad weather is supposed to move in at 4PM.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I be Sticked as well!!!

My order is placed and for the KSM, too! And I went with....FUSCIA!! red.

I resoundingly second the vote for a pic of the girly stick!! While y'all are figuring out the ohms and insulators and watts and such, I am focusing on the important stuff...like, finding a matching/complimentary DT ;) Looking for some inspiration, Tracy...

.... fugly o-rings??? Hahahaha! Understatement... Good find on the replacements, Bov!

Y'all are contagious with your enthusiasm--some things never change, thank goodness :wub:

Thanks for the head's up on the good deal, Salem. Hope your appointment went well and no troubles on the road!

Wicked nasty outside, today, meh. Nothing like y'all, of course, but I reserve my right to whine :rolleyes:

I heard that they were expecting freezing rain down on the coast today. It ended up being just rain but, the schools had closed down in advance. My son did not mind as that gave him an extra day home with my grandson :) My son showed the pictures of our snow that I sent him via text to my GS. GS wanted to come up here and go sleigh riding lol I wish that they could have!

ETA- I think that FT has those colored orings as well if anyone does not mind the wait. I am not as color cooridinated as the rest of you are.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Snapped a pic for you all now I just need to get on the PC to post it!!!

Woo hoo @ Pokey for joining me in the pink iStick sisterhood!!! Awesome!!!

Yes I will be getting those o rings bc I do not care for the fire engine red on the sub!

I have to lol at that, Tracy. When they first came out, I was in a coop for them. The only person that mentioned not liking the red orings was a guy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread