'Nother new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revs

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
SLC, UT, USA, Earth
My wife has smoked for over 20 years. I have been with her 17 of them. She has tried off and on to quit smoking to no avail. Well, I have seen friends on other forums posting pics with their vape devices and I got asking about if they helped them cut back and quit analogs. Well, based on recommendations, I took the misses into the local vape shop here in Riverton, Utah and let her browse the options. She picked out a Smok Tech Twist- I think that's the name, looks like an eGo Twist-and a clearomizer. She also got a cinnamon melon juice that she loved in the store.

Two weeks later I take her back for more juices and a couple more clearomizers to have a variety ready to go. Now she has bubblegum, a berry flavored one and one that tastes like a Red Bull in her collection. So, 3 clearomizers, 4 juices and the one mod. She had tried the ones that look like a cigarette and didn't like them. I actually made a cheap stand to keep her juices and tanks in. Just a piece of scrap pine 2x4 with some holes drilled to fit the bottles and tanks.

Another week or two and she catches me sneaking pulls off her red bull. Uh oh. She takes me down to get my own. I come home with a iTazte MVP with the iClear 30 tank. And a bottle of pipe tobacco juice. I enjoy a pipe on occasion and it tasted really good in the shop. Have a friend that sent me a couple small samples of Radiator Pluid and Cutter juice. Now I need a glass or pyrex tank. This stuff is great. Been using it with an atomizer and drip tip.

While researching online about vaping, I decided to start modding one of my corncob pipes. Used a connector and switch from a cheap knockoff eGo I found locally cheap. Still need to get a 18350 battery and then it will be ready to go. Hoping the battery will charge from an eGo charger. Theoretically it should. And, it will take the clearomizers my wife already has.

Revs

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
SLC, UT, USA, Earth
Battery in the bowl. Was hoping the screw on eGo charger would charge the battery. I'll have to figure out a battery holder that can be pulled apart then. Even reamed the bowl to 20mm to fit the 18350 that I still need to pick up. Was hoping since the eGo used a 13700 or something that size the charger would work if I kept the circuit under the switch.

Oh well, been looking at other DIY mods to play with. Have a couple friends that want a small, portable box they can throw in their purse/backpack/messenger bag to keep handy.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Battery in the bowl. Was hoping the screw on eGo charger would charge the battery. I'll have to figure out a battery holder that can be pulled apart then. Even reamed the bowl to 20mm to fit the 18350 that I still need to pick up. Was hoping since the eGo used a 13700 or something that size the charger would work if I kept the circuit under the switch.

Oh well, been looking at other DIY mods to play with. Have a couple friends that want a small, portable box they can throw in their purse/backpack/messenger bag to keep handy.

An 18350 would usually need a different charger to an Ego. Xtar are very reliable, safe and cheap. Have a look at those.

What are you going to use on the mouthpiece/atomiser end?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
has the eGo connector already epoxied into the stem. Was going to use one of the clearomizers my wife already has. That way, I could put a cartomizer on or an atomizer and drip. Or, load an iClear 16 up and vape all afternoon.

Sounds good - but you need these guys:

E-Pipe Models

Revs

Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
SLC, UT, USA, Earth
Ok, just a thought. If I do away with the eGo switch, what would be a good way to activate the pipe and still have an easily removable battery? Could I mount a spring in the bottom of the pipe with a small screw for a positive connection and a metal cap on top for the negative? Insulate the spring from shorting to the positive and then press down on the cap on the bowl for power? I'm guessing a trip to Home Depot or Lowe's for the metal cap and such is in order.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Got looking at the thread e-pipeman linked, is epipemods the only place to get that switch in the bowl? Looks like what I am looking for. But, I won't be against figuring out something simpler for now. After all, it is a corn cob pipe. Doesn't need anything fancy.

Hi,

I linked to e-pipe models because that's the bit of the forum where the e-pipe modding experts hang out who will give you better advice than I can. Have a look at it and post a thread there if you like. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread