Nothing lasts forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Greetings from TX!
My go-to tank since I’ve started vaping (2 years and counting) has been Kanger’s Subtank Mini. I’ve tried other tanks, but I always come back ‘home’ to my trusty Mini.

Mini’s, and their replacement parts, are getting harder to find, and there will come a day when I’ll have to retire it. So I’ve been doing research. Here’s what I like as possible replacements.

1. Kanger Protank 4
2. Digiflavor Siren 2
3. Coppervape Skyline RTA

I’m more of a flavor guy, so naturally I’m a MTL vaper. And I like the compact 22mm size of the above mentioned tanks.

I’m leaning a bit more towards the Siren 2 in the 22mm size, but dislike the small 2ml juice capacity. Constant refills throughout my typical work day will be a pain.

The 24mm size holds more, but it won’t fit my two eLeaf Pico’s, and there will be a slight overhang on my other two devices.

The Skyline (clone) is a more advanced beast, but I’ve heard that the AFC ring can’t be adjusted when the tank is attached to the device; it has to be loosened or removed first. (I enjoy a cloud chucking session every now and then)

Any thoughts?

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like the Ares, the Beserker, and the Siren 2 I recently purchased. I've vaped a couple of tanks in all of them. The Ares produces a little dew when it's sitting horizontal for a while. It's not much leakage, but you feel it on your fingers when you pick it up. The Siren 2 and the Beserker seem nice and tight. All are flavorful MTL tanks that fill easily and vape with great flavor and vapor.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I love my 22 mm Siren V2 it's a great vape. I do find myself refilling it often, however, the Siren is a fairly thirsty tank. If you can deal with overhang, I'd probably suggest the 24 ml 4.5 version, you won't fill as often and the vape is totally comparable. Let it be known that not everyone loves it for flavor, although I love it a lot, it's kind of a love/hate tank. A lot of airflow options. I like the ares almost as much, although it took me a bit more time to dial in flavor that I liked, I run it a bit higher wattage than many of my other tanks. The berserker is great for flavor, not a thirsty tank, but probably one of the tightest draws of any of the MTL RTAs. It may not be your best first choice.

Other options would be a skyline doggy style clone, said to be better than the originals. I wouldn't know, i have not been able to set mine up yet, it has phillips head screws and I have a fine motor tremor. It is reported to have fantastic flavor, however.

Then there are the Kayfuns. Again, here, I would recommend a clone from Fasttech to try it out, simply because the original is more expensive. I'm sure the clones don't vape as well as the originals, but it's nice to have backups, if you decide you like them and wind up getting an original. The prime is getting great reviews as their newest release, but all the kayfuns are slightly different in vape quality, airflow options, and etc., but most prime users are happy with it.

It's nice to have many good options in the RTA MTL department, these days. You can really get a fantastic vape with many of them, a lot of it comes down to just personal preference.

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Greetings from TX!
My go-to tank since I’ve started vaping (2 years and counting) has been Kanger’s Subtank Mini. I’ve tried other tanks, but I always come back ‘home’ to my trusty Mini.

Mini’s, and their replacement parts, are getting harder to find, and there will come a day when I’ll have to retire it. So I’ve been doing research. Here’s what I like as possible replacements.

1. Kanger Protank 4
2. Digiflavor Siren 2
3. Coppervape Skyline RTA

I’m more of a flavor guy, so naturally I’m a MTL vaper. And I like the compact 22mm size of the above mentioned tanks.

I’m leaning a bit more towards the Siren 2 in the 22mm size, but dislike the small 2ml juice capacity. Constant refills throughout my typical work day will be a pain.

The 24mm size holds more, but it won’t fit my two eLeaf Pico’s, and there will be a slight overhang on my other two devices.

The Skyline (clone) is a more advanced beast, but I’ve heard that the AFC ring can’t be adjusted when the tank is attached to the device; it has to be loosened or removed first. (I enjoy a cloud chucking session every now and then)

Any thoughts?

Fasttech has a pretty Large Selection of SubTank/TopTank Mini replacement parts. Only downside is the Shipping time. But if you are Not in a hurry, and are just looking for Back-Up parts, shipping wouldn't be a problem.

Just be sure to go with USPS e-Packet if you are in the USA.

And Know that the Lunar New Year is going on. So Fasttech isn't going to do any Shipping until Feb 22nd.

For a New RTA that is Compact, Easy to Build, and Flavor Oriented RTA, you might look at the Coil Master Elfy RTA.

$24.99 Authentic Coil Master Elfy RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
If you can grind the pico cap down even past its grooves the Innokin Ares should fit it just misses on mine so will probably grind one down to make it fit having many pico's stashed away cannot harm anything to try.
One of my favorites is the smy /snda75w mod has a slight overhang and looks nice silver with silver
shown below.

Small tip i learned long ago with new tanks wash them and they may still have an off taste , after washing everything put an an o-ring in your mouth usually they have a off taste and can impart that taste in your tank.
Soak them in lemon juice for a day then rinse well and should be good to go.
HPIM1040 (Small).JPG

Example- just received another Innokin Ares tank today washed it well then tried tasting the 2 o-rings after a soap bath dried it and tasted it and it still had a strong taste so tomorrow tank will go together after o-ring soak in lemon juice and a good rinse.
Vaping just real cig flavored diy i have in past tasted that off taste until learning about lemon juice soak.
Not sure about sweet flavors and such but with my flavoring that off taste comes through on the vape until i learned how to neutralize it.

Last edited:

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
You've already received some good recommendations. I agree with them all insofar as they aren't bad choices per se, even if I don't care for them too much (Ares lol). I will, however, caution against the Skyline on your list, not the greatest MTL experience when compared to the others here. For what it's worth, the SXK doggystyle is my goto tank followed by the Berserker.

That said, it's trial and error. You'll never know for sure how you'll like a tank until you try it. Go with your gut and see what happens. ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

You might be interested in the Eleaf Invoke. It's a 220w compact mod that fits 24mm tanks with no hangover and still slides into a pocket easily. It's about 3/8" taller, but it's the same width, with a little more thickness than the standard Pico 75W, so the 24mm tanks fit with a mm extra room on each side. It's a dual 18650 mod for longer vape time. Range is 1W to 220W and it's a great MTL mod.

$44.99 mod only at VaporDna
VaporDNA E-Cigarette

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
You've already received some good recommendations. I agree with them all insofar as they aren't bad choices per se, even if I don't care for them too much (Ares lol). I will, however, caution against the Skyline on your list, not the greatest MTL experience when compared to the others here. For what it's worth, the SXK doggystyle is my goto tank followed by the Berserker.

That said, it's trial and error. You'll never know for sure how you'll like a tank until you try it. Go with your gut and see what happens. ;)
I’ve tried to replace my Mini with the Crown, Zephyrus and TFV4 Mini. I’d say my gut is telling me the wrong things, LOL

Despite the miniscule 2 ml juice capacity of the Siren, it does hold a certain appeal to me. Probably because it’s designed as a MTL tank from the get-go, and partly because of the unique design.

I may just give the Siren a shot. Thanks for all of the input, everyone!

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I’ve tried to replace my Mini with the Crown, Zephyrus and TFV4 Mini. I’d say my gut is telling me the wrong things, LOL

lol. Yep, if you're looking for a good mouth-to-lung, your gut is obviously quite...er...wrong. :p :p

Despite the miniscule 2 ml juice capacity of the Siren, it does hold a certain appeal to me. Probably because it’s designed as a MTL tank from the get-go, and partly because of the unique design.

The only way to get a "good" MTL is to get a tank designed for that purpose, so I think you'll like the Siren 2. I can't say much about the capacity....2ml would last me a 18-24 hours in a MTL tank, but there are a few variables that affect that, so everyone is different.

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
lol. Yep, if you're looking for a good mouth-to-lung, your gut is obviously quite...er...wrong. :p :p

The only way to get a "good" MTL is to get a tank designed for that purpose, so I think you'll like the Siren 2. I can't say much about the capacity....2ml would last me a 18-24 hours in a MTL tank, but there are a few variables that affect that, so everyone is different.
Yep, my gut tells me the wrong things 50% of the time!

2 mls won’t last me too long since I have a habit of chain vaping. But I’m willing to give the Siren 2 a shot.

And I’ve just found out about the Augvape MTL RTA. It has a 22mm diameter and comes highly recommended as well.

Anyone have any thoughts about the Kanger Protank 4?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

The 24mm version of the Siren 2 holds 4.5ml. The 22ml holds 2ml.
Digiflavor Siren 2, Best MTL RTA Tank

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Siren V2 is a fairly thirsty tank. I really love my 22 version, but it does require frequent filling and since it's smaller, the wick tends to gunk faster (I can't tell if it's the amount of refilling I do, or heat in the tank, since I tend to chainvape that thing like a squirrel hoards nuts. The 24 mm does require less frequent refills and the larger capacity is nice for one's wick). The vape is almost identical, as far as I'm concerned. If you do have a mod that will support it, I'd suggest probably starting with the 24 ml for ease of use, although I love both of mine equally. I don't have the 22 ml on a vape that does TC, either, may be another reason for slightly faster gunkage. IDK. They're both great, you can't go wrong with either, the only downside I see with the 22 version is really, I need to fill it more often and wick slightly more frequently. The vape, as I said, is pretty similar in both.

Anna

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015

I think the other tanks I mentioned are all Direct lung tanks, which is probably why they didn’t work well for me. Wanna buy a lightly used TFV4 Mini and Zephyrus 2? LOL

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
You might be interested in the Eleaf Invoke. It's a 220w compact mod that fits 24mm tanks with no hangover and still slides into a pocket easily. It's about 3/8" taller, but it's the same width, with a little more thickness than the standard Pico 75W, so the 24mm tanks fit with a mm extra room on each side. It's a dual 18650 mod for longer vape time. Range is 1W to 220W and it's a great MTL mod.

$44.99 mod only at VaporDna
VaporDNA E-Cigarette
Sounds like a great device, however I like the smaller form factor of a single battery mod. My Sigelei Kaos Spectrum vapes great, but feels too bulky and heavy to use for when I’m out-and-about, which is why I’m thinking of selling it.

Last edited:

HawaiianVaporTrailz

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2015
Think he's trying to keep it at 22mm so it will fit on his existing mods. :)
I’m thinking of the 24mm version. It won’t fit my Pico, but will fit my other mods. A slight overhang is no problem, as long as it vapes nice.

I’m looking at the Pico 25 and eVic Mini Primo. One (or maybe both) will be the successor to my lil Pico. I may sell my Pico to a co-worker who’s looking into e-cigs to quit smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread