Notice: Please immediately discontinue use of your blu pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I took the pictures with my mac book camera, it has a mirror like effect on them. either that or its the bootleg edition of blu :p

A bit off-topic, but there's an option in Photo Booth under the Edit menu to "Flip Photo" once you select one, and under that there's also an option to "Auto Flip All Photos" so you don't have to worry about it anymore. :)

TravisD

Oct 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
A bit off-topic, but there's an option in Photo Booth under the Edit menu to "Flip Photo" once you select one, and under that there's also an option to "Auto Flip All Photos" so you don't have to worry about it anymore. :)

Oh! thanks, you don't know how many times I've taken a pic of notes on a white board and had to use an online software or my brain to reverse it. I never even noticed the edit menu up top.

Quick question:
Are any of the components from blu compatible with a 510?
I ordered one and it should be here today or tomorrow.
I really like the vanilla flavor my blu has, and it would be great if the cartridges fit right in. Or does anyone know of a brand of ejuice that has a similar tasting vanilla?

Mo JJC

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Illinois, USA
Oh! thanks, you don't know how many times I've taken a pic of notes on a white board and had to use an online software or my brain to reverse it. I never even noticed the edit menu up top.

Quick question:
I really like the vanilla flavor my blu has, and it would be great if the cartridges fit right in. Or does anyone know of a brand of ejuice that has a similar tasting vanilla?
the 510 attys fit the blu, and via versa. but the carts go w/the atty. If anyone finds any vanilla juice that tastes like blus , let me know too!

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Quick question:

The 510 batteries will work with blu carts on blu atomizers and the blu batteries will work with 510 carts on 510 atomizers, although the 510 is a good deal thicker so it looks a bit silly. However, DO NOT try to charge 510 batteries in blu chargers or blu batteries in 510 chargers, because you will fry things.

You could also, I suppose, tweeze the soaked filler out of several Vanilla blu carts, put them all in a syringe, and squeeze them to extract the liquid to put into your 510, but again, it seems a bit silly when you can probably find another vanilla liquid you like at least as much. Personally I liked the Johnson Creek French Vanilla, but it's not much like blu's.

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
So did your Eluma cig come yet? You haven't posted back. I ordered from them, got mine in two weeks but it had a faulty usb charger that killed both my batteries in the first day. They are sending me a whole new kit. Should have it a couple days now. I did compare the cartridges to the 510 cartridges. My sister took one Eluma cartridge and used it to fill two 510's as her 510 came with tabacco and she wanted menthol that I had. I am hoping to have better luck with the second set. If not will I will just get a refund and go for the 510. However the day it worked before I recharged the first battery in the faulty charger I must say I did like the flavor, the amount of vapor and the cart was still going after a full day of vaping. The battery lasted me a good 10 hours or more. Still looking at a 510 pass through. When I get my replacement I will post if the Eluma atomizer and carts fit on a 510. If they do the usb pass through will be perfect! Eluma are cartridges very refillable. Customer service has been very helpful and I asked how long they have been around and they said since 2008...
Time will tell, I put the faulty usb down to just my luck as of late, in the same week brand new satellite receiver had to be replaced within 2 hours of installation, and new cell phone plan came with a bad cell phone that had to be replaced. Hopefully this week is better LOL.

SNT

Oct 26, 2009
So did your Eluma cig come yet? You haven't posted back. I ordered from them, got mine in two weeks but it had a faulty usb charger that killed both my batteries in the first day. They are sending me a whole new kit. Should have it a couple days now. I did compare the cartridges to the 510 cartridges. My sister took one Eluma cartridge and used it to fill two 510's as her 510 came with tabacco and she wanted menthol that I had. I am hoping to have better luck with the second set. If not will I will just get a refund and go for the 510. However the day it worked before I recharged the first battery in the faulty charger I must say I did like the flavor, the amount of vapor and the cart was still going after a full day of vaping. The battery lasted me a good 10 hours or more. Still looking at a 510 pass through. When I get my replacement I will post if the Eluma atomizer and carts fit on a 510. If they do the usb pass through will be perfect! Eluma are cartridges very refillable. Customer service has been very helpful and I asked how long they have been around and they said since 2008...
Time will tell, I put the faulty usb down to just my luck as of late, in the same week brand new satellite receiver had to be replaced within 2 hours of installation, and new cell phone plan came with a bad cell phone that had to be replaced. Hopefully this week is better LOL.

how was it? did it seem like a good quality unit? i ordered mine last tues and it hasnt arrived yet... im a bit impatient honestly. according to customer service they have their own model unit, but it does appear to be the same as some other units.

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
Do you know if the atty screws onto a 510 battery? I really want a usb passthrough and they don't make um for Eluma. I have debated getting refunded and just going with the 29 kit but they say my replacement shipped today, I got the bad luck of one with a bad usb charger...

Ya, my Eluma arrived a short while ago and it appears to be a 510 with a different PCC than we are all used to with the 510s. I didn't get into much since I'm not the biggest 510 fan, but it will be good as a backup or xmas present.

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
how was it? did it seem like a good quality unit? i ordered mine last tues and it hasnt arrived yet... im a bit impatient honestly. according to customer service they have their own model unit, but it does appear to be the same as some other units.

It takes about 2 weeks for delivery and I was real pleased with it when it arrived. The cartridges are larger than the my sisters 510 and do last well. The first battery before hooking to the faulty usb was a good 10 hours or more before it needed recharging. I am hoping for better luck with the replacement.

Customer service is great they always answer email or calls promptly and have been helpful. If you log into your account you can check the status of your order. The day after mine said shipped it was in my mail box.
When my replacement arrives I am going to go to my sisters to see if it is compatible with the 510.

Cartridges appear to be very easily refillable. I debated refunding my first set and just ordering the 30 starter kit but decided to give um one more try as they said I will have the full 30 day money back guarantee on my second set :rolleyes:

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
called to find out where my replacement was.. told them at this point i just wanted a refund. I was told it had shipped the day before. I logged into my account to see if there is a tracking number and this is what I find.
10/28/2009Deliveredcustomer called and said she returned product and has not received a replacement yet. she said she wanted a refund and i told her that we shipped it this morning even though we hadn't...jason.

I suggest no one order from this place i guess this goes on the companys to beware of now....

It takes about 2 weeks for delivery and I was real pleased with it when it arrived. The cartridges are larger than the my sisters 510 and do last well. The first battery before hooking to the faulty usb was a good 10 hours or more before it needed recharging. I am hoping for better luck with the replacement.

Customer service is great they always answer email or calls promptly and have been helpful. If you log into your account you can check the status of your order. The day after mine said shipped it was in my mail box.
When my replacement arrives I am going to go to my sisters to see if it is compatible with the 510.

Cartridges appear to be very easily refillable. I debated refunding my first set and just ordering the 30 starter kit but decided to give um one more try as they said I will have the full 30 day money back guarantee on my second set :rolleyes:

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
called to find out where my replacement was.. told them at this point i just wanted a refund. I was told it had shipped the day before. I logged into my account to see if there is a tracking number and this is what I find.
10/28/2009Deliveredcustomer called and said she returned product and has not received a replacement yet. she said she wanted a refund and i told her that we shipped it this morning even though we hadn't...jason.

I suggest no one order from this place i guess this goes on the companys to beware of now....

Edit, Eluma has since contacted and this was a communication error my new cig is on its way...

As I said before, when it worked it was great, their cartridges are at least 2x the size of my sisters 510. customer service always answers my calls and emails in no time at all. When I called them on this they investigated got to the bottom and it is on its way.

Communication error, lol! Looks like a rep posted something to your notes that was only supposed to be in the back office....:shock:

would someone please give a detailed review of the eluma. I'm guessing its the same company as the blu, but a different model and different website. Is it in fact a 510? Does the pcc hold a complete cig, or how many batteries and attys can it hold. How is the draw, like the blu or more difficult like the 401. Whats vapor production like. If this thing is basically a 510 then I'm really excited since that pcc looks a lot more useful than the widely populkar 510 pcc carried everywhere else.
Thanks

LABeachBum

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
would someone please give a detailed review of the eluma. I'm guessing its the same company as the blu, but a different model and different website. Is it in fact a 510? Does the pcc hold a complete cig, or how many batteries and attys can it hold. How is the draw, like the blu or more difficult like the 401. Whats vapor production like. If this thing is basically a 510 then I'm really excited since that pcc looks a lot more useful than the widely populkar 510 pcc carried everywhere else.
Thanks

It is not a 510, it is a J902. The PCC does not hold a complete cig (and does not hold a complete atty+cart either). The PCC holds 4 carts, 1 atty, 2 bats. The draw is nice like the Blu/L88 model. The vapor production is consistent and has more than the Blu/L88 model.

Here is some guy reviewing a J902 branded for a different company: YouTube - Electronic Cigarette J902

falconx

Sep 18, 2009
Communication error, lol! Looks like a rep posted something to your notes that was only supposed to be in the back office....:shock:

LOL was a goof in communications. But I got my eluma and am glad I waited now over 36 hours analog free! Love the flavor and my carts last all day. I like the pcc as I can go out for a day or two and not worry about charging it works great. I charged a battery on the road while doing running yesterday just to have a spare just in case. So far, I still like the menthol best. I tried cherry after my methol cart drained, only a few puffs into it but I can taste the cherry. Its good but I am just a menthol a smoker and the menthol really hits the spot with a great throat hit and tons of vap! Going to my sisters for the day we will have a vap comparison 510 to eluma but I already know mine will out last her 510 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread