Nude Nicotine......am i missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
i picked you a sample of the NN 6mg 70vg/30pg base, and it was CRAZY rough on my throat. pretty much not even vapable. it tasted more like 36mg nic in my tank.

so i thought, oh well, maybe they just put in too much nic, accidents happen.
i will give them one more shot. it's cheap right?
so i went with the same base but 3mg. it's much better, but it still tastes strong. more like i'm vaping around 6-8mg.

so am i missing something here? why is NN so harsh?? is this normal??

*edit*
just wanted to add that i shook it very well.

Reactions: Devilstompa

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Ok do you still have the paperwork that should have came with your sample?? If so what does it say you ordered? If it is too strong maybe it is not what you ordered or a mix up of some kind I use NN nic all the time and I do not get a TH from it. (I just stepped down to 12mg nic.) If you do then I suggest checking the paperwork then calling NN. I do not do emails but that is just me. Let us know what happens - please.:cry:

Reactions: Devilstompa

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
OK, stupid question, did you vape it straight out of the bottle or did you measure out how much to add to your DIY?

If this was a premixed bottle of liquid then, nevermind....

Talk to them, I order from them all the time , specifically because theirs is so smooth and almost tasteless.

Maybe they got the balance of PG and VG backwards. I know more than 20% PG is real rough on my throat.

Reactions: Dixie1954

Gauntlgrym

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
OH
OK, stupid question, did you vape it straight out of the bottle or did you measure out how much to add to your DIY?

If this was a premixed bottle of liquid then, nevermind....

Talk to them, I order from them all the time , specifically because theirs is so smooth and almost tasteless.

Maybe they got the balance of PG and VG backwards. I know more than 20% PG is real rough on my throat.

this was a premixed bottle. i'm new to diy, and i wanted to start off with something i just needed to at flavoring to.
so this was a premixed base at 3mg and 70vg/30pg ratio.

you think they got it backwards twice though.

@Dixie1954 checked my paperwork, and it appears correct. i will call or email later.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Your experience has not been mine. I found NN to be the smoothest that I have used. I bought the 100mg sample and diluted it to 5mg. I found it to be the smoothest I have used. I changed from MFS which I found to be "peppery". Perhaps Vapertek nicotine would work for you, I have not used it but it does have very good reviews.

i picked you a sample of the NN 6mg 70vg/30pg base, and it was CRAZY rough on my throat. pretty much not even vapable. it tasted more like 36mg nic in my tank.

so i went with the same base but 3mg. it's much better, but it still tastes strong. more like i'm vaping around 6-8mg.

*edit*

Devilstompa

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2015

*edit*
I actually use Nude Nicotine ordered 3mg and it vapes like a 6mg. Kinda weird

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I've had no problems with NN's nic base, either. Although to be fair, I've only ordered twice, and I do use 100mg and mix it down at home to 3 or 6mg/ml. I suppose that's a lot more forgiving than buying 6mg and vaping it straight out of the bottle, if for some reason it does have a few extra mg/ml in there.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I started DIY about a month ago and I've been using their pre-mixed 6mg and 12mg at 50/50 PG/VG. I have no way of testing the nic but so far my experience has been great and it hits as I feel it should.
I also recently received an order of 12mg PG base and 12mg VG base from Wizard Labs, which I mixed together to make a 50/50. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between NN and WL. They are both very clean and I'm happy with both.

Last edited:

vapecape

Nov 28, 2015
Nope Gauntlgrym is right. I just got a sample from them myself but the 100mg in VG base. Just decided the other day to mix some DIY liquid using it. I usually vape with 12mg because I'm not a vape all day guy. But even at 12mg it's usually never ever harsh for me since I'm used to it. I mixed up some 12mg 100VG with no flavor and it is very harsh on my throat, feels more like 32mg or more. I mixed it twice for 12ml 1.4/10.5 and even a 6mg mix is still very harsh for only 6mg. Without the nic added and just VG straight it is smooth as butter. So I know for sure that it's the nic.

vapecape

Nov 28, 2015
Batch number I got for the sample is lot #A087. I'm not bashing NN, I'm sure they're usually pretty good based on all the good reviews I've read about them and everything. But, I will vouch for OP's post that sometimes you could end up with some that will be very harsh on the throat. Even with just 6mg I have to cough with every first inhale with the juice I mixed from the sample I have gotten from them.

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I've had no issues with Nude Nicotines prepared juices. I've also purchased TEN - 250ml, 100mg/ml bottles of Nude Nicotine Armor based on recommendations of some of the most capable DIY folks at ECF.
That is disconcerting to hear, I also have purchesed and stored in the freezer a large stash that I have purchased since August. I purchased the Armour and never sampled, since that would kind of defeat the purpose. I purchased a liter a couple years ago based on recommendations on ECF and it was very smooth. This is really gonna suck in five to ten years, when Im ready to break it out of the freezer and it tastes like s********t. They probably wont even be around to take a complaint. A conspiracy maybe ? Makes me wonder whats in them, haha.

Cam775

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
Nevada
Buy a testing kit. NN has had batches in the past that were stronger than labeled. Also, are you shaking the bottle before use?

There was a thread I saw like this on Reddit, the user tested it at home and it appeared to be double strength...
Nude Nicotine is ridiculously strong follow up: Results confirmed

This was a while ago, but it is worth a read if you have a spare day or two...

Google is your friend! It wasn't just one guy on Reditt, it was many and if you do a Google search many more on other forums. Just recently there's been a couple others in the DIY sub who've made comments in other threads about their recent purchases being "off". I hate to see this issue continuing well over a year after it was first reported, IF it's the same issue and not something different, but based on the response from NN in those threads it doesn't seem to me like they think there's any problems on their end.

My advice is to buy a cheap testing kit, plain pg & vg and try diluting what you have based on your test results. At least that way you'll know for sure if the nic is too high and if so, you won't waste what you've already spent money on.

I've had no issues with Nude Nicotines prepared juices. I've also purchased TEN - 250ml, 100mg/ml bottles of Nude Nicotine Armor based on recommendations of some of the most capable DIY folks at ECF.
Out of curiosity, do you work for or have an affiliation with NN? I noticed you're advertising their sale in the main forum.

Starting out in DIY has been hard enough (maybe not hard, but time consuming thus leading to fustration) for me and I haven't had nic or base issues. I hate to see anyone go through needless additional fustration. And how would someone new into DIY even know their base is off without lots of trial and error or coming to the forums for help and hoping someone else has the same issues at the same time...like THIS thread :-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread