Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I can't open the link that donnah posted for some reason. I've been looking at FB's pics of the Nuppin but I'm not able to decipher how the coil is mounted on it. It looks like the negative lead is going down into the center of the well next to the post?

Nope.... look at the picture I posted on page 1 again "Nuppin Build". The down leg goes down into one of the two holes in the top of the deck (the hole on the left in the pic you can see the set screw for it coming in from the left side) and the "hooked" end of the coil goes through the center post. Same for each coil if a dual coil build with one on each side. The AFC sleeve as 3 slots... two across from each other for dual coils, one 90 degrees between them for a single coil. HTH.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I can't open the link that donnah posted for some reason. I've been looking at FB's pics of the Nuppin but I'm not able to decipher how the coil is mounted on it. It looks like the negative lead is going down into the center of the well next to the post?

It's different! The lead does go down in a hole and tightened down with a little allen wrench on the side. I love it's simplicity. .the clean lines..it's classy looking. And that's sexy to me :p

I tried the link..it's working for me :confused:
In my pic it going down in the hole not well and the set screw you see is what holds it.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
I'm having wicking issues with mine at the moment, can't figure it out. Maybe need to try RxW? I have tried both KGD and regular cotton wicks and nether hold enough juice with this atty to keep the coils fed for long hits. Every other topper I run on my Reos I get at least two hits, sometimes three, between squonks. With this Nuppin' I have to squonk every hit or I can tell it is about to burn at the end of my draw so have to cut it short.

Looks like plenty of wick to me, not sure what the dileo is.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Nope.... look at the picture I posted on page 1 again "Nuppin Build". The down leg goes down into one of the two holes in the top of the deck (the hole on the left in the pic you can see the set screw for it coming in from the left side) and the "hooked" end of the coil goes through the center post. Same for each coil if a dual coil build with one on each side. The AFC sleeve as 3 slots... two across from each other for dual coils, one 90 degrees between them for a single coil. HTH.

I missed that post of yours Spydro. Now that I'm looking at it I get it now. Very interesting design.

In my pic it going down in the hole not well and the set screw you see is what holds it.

I can see it now, thanks FB. It does look like it might be a bit odd to build on with the screw down below and off to the side but my curiosity is definitely peaked.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
It's different! The lead does go down in a hole and tightened down with a little allen wrench on the side. I love it's simplicity. .the clean lines..it's classy looking. And that's sexy to me :p

I tried the link..it's working for me :confused:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with me and that link. I did find the info over in the modders forum though. I saw that there will be just one run of these, that really puts the pressure on!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Is that Delrin right there inside the atty? Couldn't that melt with a low res setup or a coil placed close to it?

This response is not meant to offend anyone here and if I have offended you, I apologize in advance...

Brotha, you so got that other guy in your head.... I still can't understand his comments and yet he still sells delrin drip tips? Why would he still sell them if they are so bad for us as vaper's? Me no comprende.....

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Guess I'll be the materialistic .... here but... There just isn't anything sexy looking about the Nuppin. Coming from pdib and those gorgeous Sumpins I would have expected the cap to have stylish machining.
Meh...maybe that's just me ,

Thats exactly what I love about the looks. Plain, simple, and elegant.

And it vapes like dream. First atty I've found that vapes just as well in single coil as dual coil. Airflow control is perfect so it makes for a very versatile atty.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Hi reonauts

I ordered mine and waiting for it to get to me. I've been looking for a small atty to use on my mini, tried a bunch but haven't found one I love yet. Hoping the Nuppin is the one. How's the Nuppin for flavor?

Does very well with flavor, I'd say maybe in line with a Cyclone. Haven't tried it in single coil yet so can't comment there but I know others have and think it is very good.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I'm having wicking issues with mine at the moment, can't figure it out. Maybe need to try RxW? I have tried both KGD and regular cotton wicks and nether hold enough juice with this atty to keep the coils fed for long hits. Every other topper I run on my Reos I get at least two hits, sometimes three, between squonks. With this Nuppin' I have to squonk every hit or I can tell it is about to burn at the end of my draw so have to cut it short.

Looks like plenty of wick to me, not sure what the dileo is.
Only thing I have for you is, my coil is higher in this so it takes a longer squonk to get it saturated, have you watched the squonk with no drip on?

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Hi reonauts

I ordered mine and waiting for it to get to me. I've been looking for a small atty to use on my mini, tried a bunch but haven't found one I love yet. Hoping the Nuppin is the one. How's the Nuppin for flavor?

Remember these are 18mm wide so it needs to be an LP Grand or Mini

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Only thing I have for you is, my coil is higher in this so it takes a longer squonk to get it saturated, have you watched the squonk with no drip on?

Holy cow you're right FB, took the tip off and watched the squonk and it took a full 7 count to get it saturated which is quite a bit longer than I would squonk with other RDAs.

Maybe a slanted coil set up like with the Odin would be better to get one of the ends of the coil closer to the deck? I'll have to play with the set up a little and see what works best.

Anyone have a good source for RxW? Have to look into using that as well. Do you wrap the coil build around the RxW or do you feed it in after the wrap like you do with cotton or KGD?

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
Holy cow you're right FB, took the tip off and watched the squonk and it took a full 7 count to get it saturated which is quite a bit longer than I would squonk with other RDAs.

Maybe a slanted coil set up like with the Odin would be better to get one of the ends of the coil closer to the deck? I'll have to play with the set up a little and see what works best.

Anyone have a good source for RxW? Have to look into using that as well. Do you wrap the coil build around the RxW or do you feed it in after the wrap like you do with cotton or KGD?
Buy readywick from rbasupplies.com. thas the only source i would use cause they heat theres correctly. They sell 2mm and 3mm for 8 bucks a foot. Any other site may not heat treat it correctly and that is TERRIBLE for your body. I wrap my coils regular. Around like 2mm rod and actually i stick 2 pieces into my coil and it works flawlessly for me. 1 peice just wasnt enuf i was gettin dry hits. Next time im ordering 3mm.

My love- Kawa green Reo grand LP w/ TRA Super light door, with TOBH and chuff top!

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I'm really liking the Loki Omega DT with it's 5.5mm bore on the Nuppin, gives me a perfect draw to lung hit a single 1ohm coil. I just orders two more to go with the other Nuppins.

IMAG2182_1-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread