NY State BAN proposed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I think you forgot to add "Until they use NY as an example for your state". This should matter to EVERYONE here. This should matter to nonsmokers who would prefer there be less butts on the ground, less smoke in the air, less people unhealthy and causing strain on our already messed up health care system. This should matter to smokers who have no intention now of quitting because they want to have the option even if they don't choose it. It sure as hell should matter to all of you, because if enough states fall to this, it goes national. It should matter to you because we KNOW the information used in the justification of this bill is half truths and blatant lies. If they can do this to e-cigarettes, then they can do this with anything they want to.
State lawmakers aren't going to pay any attention to PAC type e-mails that come from out of state. YThe opinions of out-of-state residents won't influence their thinking at all.

Don't read me riot act about all of us in the 50 states working together to influence legislation in a single state. It just doesn't happen that way in the world of grown-ups. If you want to influence legislation in a particular state you must be a registered voter and preferably a taxpayer in the state of question

Voters and taxpayers of NY struck down this legislation, not anyone else.

The fact that only one legislator sponsored this bill is a big clue to anyone who understands American government. If the bill had the slightest chance of passing a lot of other elected lawmakers would have got on the bandwagon and would be listed among the sponsors.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
First, the politicians tax tobacco into oblivion. Then, when people actually do something to quit they try and ban the product helping people quit. If it's not made and sold by big pharma. Money, is where all the bans have originated and i would bet it's at the core of this one too.

Ridiculous that the same levels of "carcinogens" as the patch and the gum are being banned if they ban e-cigs.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
State lawmakers aren't going to pay any attention to PAC type e-mails that come from out of state. YThe opinions of out-of-state residents won't influence their thinking at all.

Don't read me riot act about all of us in the 50 states working together to influence legislation in a single state. It just doesn't happen that way in the world of grown-ups. If you want to influence legislation in a particular state you must be a registered voter and preferably a taxpayer in the state of question

Voters and taxpayers of NY struck down this legislation, not anyone else.

The fact that only one legislator sponsored this bill is a big clue to anyone who understands American government. If the bill had the slightest chance of passing a lot of other elected lawmakers would have got on the bandwagon and would be listed among the sponsors.

Letters from out of state may carry less weight, but I will still write to every State that attempts a ban. It's important to hear the personal stories of real people, and to know that the public is educating themselves on the matter. It's also important for those of you that are out of state to contact any friends and family members in NY and educate them whether or not they are vapers and ask them to write.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
After I posted above...I thought, why not?. Just sent emails, FB posts, and tweets to Stewart, Colbert, and Maher. Will follow up tomorrow with phone calls. If one of them picks it up it would be a huge push in disseminating info to the non-vaping crowd.

That would be awesome!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread