NY Vapefest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
New Jersey
Yes you are right! I grew up in Bergen County. Lived in Cresskill, Upper Saddle River and Franklin Lakes .. Living in Las Vegas now for 12 years.

I grew up in Rutherford. Live in Hoboken now, East Coast Girl - even though my husband is trying to convince me to move out to Vegas :)

yankgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
New Jersey
I would consider going if they published a list of vendors. I like the idea of testing a lot of juices in one afternoon and taking home a couple months supply. It is a hike though and not at all convenient to the LIE or GCP. Why so far? Is there a high concentration of vapers in the Rockaways??

I figured it would be somewhere in Manhattan, but maybe the cost of renting out space was too high or they couldn't get permission for people to vape indoors?

i'd like to go, but, uhm... what is the NY Vapefest? (and when & where?)

It's in March, I think the end. It's in Rockville Center. Can take the LIRR from Penn Station, apparently the stop is right by the hotel.

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
too bad it's not in Manhattan, i can see it attracting a lot more people there as people would have more reason to go. meaning if you're making the trip to the vapefest you could also do some touristing or shopping and make the hassle worth it.
regarding vaping in NYC, there are no restrictions on it as far as i've heard. (a New York Magazine article around a year ago even pointed out you could vape in mayor bloomberg's office). what i suspect is that renting any sort of convention hall in the city might be too pricey.
and is there any reason why no one is posting the link to their site? if not, then here it is: http://www.vapefest.com/

Last edited:

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
I figured it would be somewhere in Manhattan, but maybe the cost of renting out space was too high or they couldn't get permission for people to vape indoors?

It's in March, I think the end. It's in Rockville Center. Can take the LIRR from Penn Station, apparently the stop is right by the hotel.

I would not expect Manhattan but maybe it should be somewhere on the 7 (LIC, Flushing...) that is also easily accessible by MTA, car and commuter rail.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
I will definitely be going. Have been looking forward to this since I saw it initially a few months back. I live on Long Island, and work "out east" from there, so it is on my way home. I will be going on Friday evening on my way home, and sticking around for a few hours.

I am excited about checking out the different juices from the vendors, especially mt baker, because I can see what the juice tastes like, and not have to worry about the time or cost of shipping. Since I am relatively new to vaping (since October 2012), I am still using the good old steady EGO and clearomizer, would like to see if any of the vendors are having "show specials" on a new piece of equip, some juice, and maybe some samples!!

Hope to see some other local vapers there as well!

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I would consider going if they published a list of vendors. I like the idea of testing a lot of juices in one afternoon and taking home a couple months supply. It is a hike though and not at all convenient to the LIE or GCP. Why so far? Is there a high concentration of vapers in the Rockaways??

vapefest.com there is info in the events forum as well. There is a partial list of vendors, not all of them. I'm in Kingston 2hours north and I will be going. The people from Volcano will be there and they are coming from Hawaii. So not really all that inconvenient for someone nearer to or in the city.......

Amirite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
New York, NY
vapefest.com there is info in the events forum as well. There is a partial list of vendors, not all of them. I'm in Kingston 2hours north and I will be going. The people from Volcano will be there and they are coming from Hawaii. So not really all that inconvenient for someone nearer to or in the city.......

Alright, fine. I'll stop complaining. :p

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I will be there for Saturday, can't make it friday ...Looking forward to meeting some fellow ECF members

I'll be there both days. I got 2 weeks of vacation time to use up before april 15 so I got plenty of time off.

Alright, fine. I'll stop complaining. :p

LOL

Marc Dixon

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2013
New York, New York, United States
I lived in Vegas and L.A. And now I'm in sunnyside. The 7 doesn't roll that way but the LIRR from pen station stops near the hotel. I'm hoping if I go it doesn't turn out to be a dud. I imagine showing up Saturday evening only to see a dozen booths and 40 people wandering around bored. Then leaving after being there for an hour. My expectations are low. Would be nice though to see a few hundred people and a few dozen booths of juices and mods and maybe even the next best thing. Has anyone ever been to a vapefest? He's the turnout?

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
ok, i got my ticket, but how do i get to rockville centre from nyc?
i've been a nyc resident for quite some time but i'm sorry (or glad?) to say i've never set foot on the LIRR before. am i correct that you can catch it at the 23rd st. F stop? anyone have any specifics on how to get from manhattan to the venue using public transportation?

yankgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
New Jersey
ok, i got my ticket, but how do i get to rockville centre from nyc?
i've been a nyc resident for quite some time but i'm sorry (or glad?) to say i've never set foot on the LIRR before. am i correct that you can catch it at the 23rd st. F stop? anyone have any specifics on how to get from manhattan to the venue using public transportation?

I've only taken the LIRR to Shea Stadium but it was always from Penn Station. I'm sure if you go to Penn Station you can catch the train there. I know the LIRR is downstairs. Hope that helps! And see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread