• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

NYC Vape Store? It's time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Seems like there isn't a NYC based store for us to feel, try, smell and get live advice on vaping products. That's insane!!! NYC is the mecca! What's going on here?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in opening a store, I am a commercial real estate broker in NYC and I would love love love to be involved in finding one for you.

Or if anyone is interested in collaborating on some sort of event where we get vendors to come for a 1-5 day trunk show, with a small admission fee to cover the cost of renting temporary space..that might be an idea too..
Whatcha think folks? Am i being too ambitious?

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
I'd love it if NYC had a vape store. Can't believe no one's opened one yet....boy New York has gotten really lame over the years.

In Brooklyn, most convenience stores carry some kind of e-cigarette product (crappy and overpriced though.) I've never seen anyone vaping on the streets of nyc. To enter a vape shop seems to me like it would be as magical as shopping in one of those stores in Hogwarts village. :)

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
Just found this link from another post.
VaporSearchUSA...and hi, I joined this forum recently, started vaping 6 days ago - not a single analog since.:)
welcome! so i don't think any of these are actual stores with the exception of the one in queens - and maybe i'm just chicken, but i literally was afraid to get out of my car.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
Hey NYC vapers.

I've been to that shop (actually booth) a couple of times. It's downstairs in a mall. Sorta, it's more like a vendors market with booths as opposed to walk-in shops. They have basic ego stuff mostly, unless they added more recently. Nice people, I chatted with each partner on two different occasions. And, unlike your typical mall kiosk vendors, they are experienced at vaping.

I haven't been to any NYC or Long Island meets yet, but maybe I'll try to swing into the city this weekend.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
i'm so disappointed!! i can't do that early on a saturday...wish it was a weeknight..
but i'm curious - what occurs at these meets?

You vape.;)

JK... I haven't been to one, so I can't say. But, I'm guessing it's.... chat with other vapers, check out others' pv's, sample juices that people bring, maybe hoist a few drinks?:p

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
They have NYC and Long Island meetings

The information about the meet is posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nyc-vapers-club/19887-meets-gatherings.html#post6432414

Its been held at this diner for sometime. So they have no problem with us vaping in the place.
We just hangout, BS, eat, drink and check out everyones new toys.......

I know the owners of Vape New York - New York's choice for e-cigarettes.
They will be at the meeting and bring stuff from the store. Makes it convenient to pick up some supplies while we are at the meeting.

Spoke to them today..... They said if you call and want to place an order. They can pack it up and bring it to the meeting for you to pick up. They have started adding to their inventory. Some of the stuff they carry is not on the site and I think they just sell in the store. But they can bring what you want. I know they carry the Provari, the Roughstack and the Bolt.
The Usbaux, Vmodxl and Silver Bullets.

They are out of SB's right now. I won't be getting mine until they get them back in next week.

TheBoogieman
Not really on the forums that much anymore. But I'll try and stop by here more often to keep an update of the meetings.
Or stop by here for information: National Vapers Club - Meeting Place for lovers of e-cigarettes, personal vaporizers and all things "fog" producing!
Twitter info: @vapeny and or @vapersclub

redrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2009
CT
Hey Boogieman, good to see you over here! Nice post.
estaz, I got out of the car several times, and I'm an old lady. The owners of VapeNY are great, and you'll learn more than most there.
The problems with a NYC store- the rents and overhead. I've been looking into opening one nearby in CT and the costs are insane.

Dominicanto

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2012
New York City
Hey Boogieman, good to see you over here! Nice post.
estaz, I got out of the car several times, and I'm an old lady. The owners of VapeNY are great, and you'll learn more than most there.
The problems with a NYC store- the rents and overhead. I've been looking into opening one nearby in CT and the costs are insane.

I second, redrose. Great spot, though it's far if you happen to live in Manhattan like I do. Got my eGo starter kit there and their juices are definitely worth a sample (and purchase). I've dealt only with one half of the dynamic duo that runs the store, but he's been great in answering my noob questions (even over the phone) and steering me in the right direction. Needed to get some juice and a new atty (ended up going with a Vision clearomizer) last minute this past weekend - the fact that I could drive there and not have to wait for the US Postal Service is fantastic. If you're an NY vaper, show them some love - it can't be easy doing what they do in such an anti-vaping state as NY.

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
thanks for that! i will definitely try to go to the next one! sounds like fun.
They have NYC and Long Island meetings

The information about the meet is posted here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nyc-vapers-club/19887-meets-gatherings.html#post6432414

Its been held at this diner for sometime. So they have no problem with us vaping in the place.
We just hangout, BS, eat, drink and check out everyones new toys.......

I know the owners of Vape New York - New York's choice for e-cigarettes.
They will be at the meeting and bring stuff from the store. Makes it convenient to pick up some supplies while we are at the meeting.

Spoke to them today..... They said if you call and want to place an order. They can pack it up and bring it to the meeting for you to pick up. They have started adding to their inventory. Some of the stuff they carry is not on the site and I think they just sell in the store. But they can bring what you want. I know they carry the Provari, the Roughstack and the Bolt.
The Usbaux, Vmodxl and Silver Bullets.

They are out of SB's right now. I won't be getting mine until they get them back in next week.

TheBoogieman
Not really on the forums that much anymore. But I'll try and stop by here more often to keep an update of the meetings.
Or stop by here for information: National Vapers Club - Meeting Place for lovers of e-cigarettes, personal vaporizers and all things "fog" producing!
Twitter info: @vapeny and or @vapersclub

estaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
New York, NY
believe me, i tried. i was stuck in crazy traffic from manhattan. took me over 2 hours to get there...maybe it was just the day i went, but i didn't feel comfortable.
I second, redrose. Great spot, though it's far if you happen to live in Manhattan like I do. Got my eGo starter kit there and their juices are definitely worth a sample (and purchase). I've dealt only with one half of the dynamic duo that runs the store, but he's been great in answering my noob questions (even over the phone) and steering me in the right direction. Needed to get some juice and a new atty (ended up going with a Vision clearomizer) last minute this past weekend - the fact that I could drive there and not have to wait for the US Postal Service is fantastic. If you're an NY vaper, show them some love - it can't be easy doing what they do in such an anti-vaping state as NY.

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
believe me, i tried. i was stuck in crazy traffic from manhattan. took me over 2 hours to get there...maybe it was just the day i went, but i didn't feel comfortable.

Driving is always a pain in NYC. Train would probably be your best bet. The Mall they are in is just a couple of blocks from the Jamaica Center station. The E train goes there. Take the number to the store with you and call if you need directions.

Worth a trip to the shop. They have it setup so you can try the juices they sell before you buy.
Coffee is a favorite with me. Also like the B tank atties they have there, all I've been using for months. Trying out the new LR 510 atties they just started selling now. Dripping isn't a hobby with me, but good hit and vaper from them.

Good Luck,
TheBoogieman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread