O dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Well hello! I kind of wish I'd found this forum BEFORE ordering my Blu. I just ordered a few days ago, and with all the hype about the 510's I'm wondering if I've done wrong!

This will be my first E-cig. My dad had some mod or another when I last saw him, I forgot to ask what kind. However I was VERY impressed by the idea of "vaping" over smoking. I've been smoking for 18 friggin years now. I don't mind the nic. addiction so much- but the tar and crap is drivng me nuts. I've "quit" smoking sooo many times. Always came back to it. I'd quit for over a year with my youngest daughter. Went back to it.

Tried patches.. they didn't sit well. I like putting something in my mouth- oral fixation? yup. Always gained weight after quitting smoking due to substitutions.

SO! I'm trying this. But now wondering if prdering Blu was the right thing to do!

I'm a very light smoker, it dosn't take much for me to get my fix. But I do seem to need it. I'd love to find a better alterntive! Someone tell me that blu is at least a good start!

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Hello & Welcome,

"I" believe that WHATEVER e-cig you've ended up purchasing in the beginning to try and see if vaping is right for you over continuing with tobacco, is a GOOD PURCHASE.

There may be many many other options, cheaper options, better options, but in the end your initial purchase has introduced you to a new alternative.

It really wouldn't matter WHAT you bought, as there are followers and haters for every model and/or supplier out there.

So, just sit back and relax as you learn with what you've purchased, read the tons of information here on ECF (as well as other forums), and gear yourself up for a later purchase, should you decide to (and I know you will !!), and enjoy your introduction device.

I've been vaping a year now and started off with a smoke51 device. I overpaid, I had start up problems and frustrations with it, but in the end I loved it for what it "immediately" did for me and that I took that first step and made a purchase.

I've been through 6 different devices (2 of them mods), and I love them all for different reasons. I always go back and forth with all of them just to mix it up a bit and to either remind me of WHY I went to the next device or if I have a problem with one or the other and using "my collection" as "fall back" devices.

Will I buy something else down the road ?? More than likely........ because its just the way I roll, lol.

VapeOn,
Greg

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Hello & Welcome,

It really wouldn't matter WHAT you bought, as there are followers and haters for every model and/or supplier out there.

So, just sit back and relax as you learn with what you've purchased, read the tons of information here on ECF (as well as other forums), and gear yourself up for a later purchase, should you decide to (and I know you will !!), and enjoy your introduction device.

Will I buy something else down the road ?? More than likely........ because its just the way I roll, lol.

VapeOn,
Greg

First: Thank you!

Second: I will almost definatly, after trying it and seeing if (I hopeIhopeIhope) it suits me. If it does I'll probably end up with a couple of diffrent types anyway (I LIKE trying new/diffrent/shiney things)

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Sorry but that makes no sense to me, why would you tell him to keep his order for a kit that everybody on here will tell you is junk ? if he already had it that's a different story, but he could just call and cancel, and be put on the right road for a decent one to start out with. That's my 2 cents anyway.

@ the OP.. give the guide a good read j0ker linked to, see what you think.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
You might want to start by reading the Blu subforum here...
Blu Electronic Cigarettes

But if you're asking, my advice would be to cancel the order and buy something that is far less expensive and most likely will work better too. And make sure you get at least one manual battery.

The first step is deciding whether you want a 2-piece or a 3-piece model.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I like the idea of starting out with something a little more "cigerette" -y. I'm going to do some hard investigating, I MAY well end up canceling my order- but they DO offer a 60 day money back garentee.. so I MAY also just give it the ol' collage try. I didn't really spend all that much (about 60 bucks for a starter kit, I know they come cheaper but that ain't bad) for the BLU and it's feedback isn't all THAT awful.. was just lookng for feedback on if it's a decent way to start. I don't mind having a few diffrent models in the end if I like Vaping to start with

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
(You're going to be covered up with suggestions.)

LoL..... and is why I stated "It really wouldn't matter WHAT you bought, as there are followers and haters for every model and/or supplier out there."

Just wait until the OP starts asking about juice and flavours (all of which are quite suggestive and personal preferences as well)!! :D

VapeOn,
Greg

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Blu is a just a weak performer compared to most other e-cigs. Add to that the companies poor customer service, and ridiculously long wait times when ordering their product. All that put together means stay away from Blu. The one thing they do have going for them is a HUGE marketing campaign targeted at folks who don't know any better, and don't do any research.
Want a similar, but vastly superior e-cig? Check out Buy Smokeless Electronic Cigarette - Smokeless Electronic Cigarettes, E-Liquid. Awesome customer service and fast shipping. Great product with many positive reviews which you can check out in the suppliers sub forum, here. ModernVapor - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat

The Sidesho hybrid kit will serve you much better then a Blu.

And you can get a 30% discount by using the coupon code: holiday .
Coupon is good till the end of xmas eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread