object to wrap coils what it called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
hey, just wondering my bro is getting surgery in his right hand...and he's a righty...so he won't be able to build his coils anymore like he usually does...or atleast not with ease...i know he will want to vape...i'd do it for him if he lived closer but he's kinda far.

i was wondering is there anything out there that can help him wrap coils? i'm not entirely sure but i think i remember seeing something where you can thread the coil through one end and it leads out another and cap it off with a top and just turn it the cap that has the end of the coil lead and it will wrap it for you...? i think that would help alot...if you know what it is or have tried it...is it worth it and what's it called?

or if you guys have any other idea's that would be great too.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
A coiling jig or coil jig. I have the Coil Master V3 jig set that comes with their DIY coil kit. It works great. The only thing to watch out for is when you're coiling really small gauge wire (like 30ga.). You have to actually sort of lightly pull out on the "cap" part as you're wrapping (i.e., away from the handle) or the wire will tend to wind over itself. With heavier gauge wires, there's no issue. Just feed the wire through one of the holes in the handle and start rotating the cap, applying no inward pressure (toward the handle, that is), and you'll end up with a nice coil.

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Essex, England.
You can get a coil jig, of different styles. One offers different sized lengths of steel, to hand wrap your coils round, while one end of the wire is held in place, or the other is a coilmaster style-which I think will benefit your brother more.

What you seem to be describing is known as a 'coil master'-I own one and they are very good. It also comes with different size pieces, for different sized coils, and a few different end caps, for different gauges of wire.

You thread your wire through a hole on the pen shaped end of the device, then start just half a wrap around the metal, then you put the cap on-then you simply just twist the end, as many times as you need, for your desired amount of wraps.

They are very helpful for making standard Nano, Micro and Macro coils. You can buy kits fairly cheaply too. You can either go for the original coil master, or a full kit with all components that works exactly the same, but is a clone, for a lot cheaper.

If your brother tends to know what size he likes though, maybe go for the real deal, if he likes different types, the box set may be more ideal for him.

Reactions: Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
A coiling jig or coil jig. I have the Coil Master V3 jig set that comes with their DIY coil kit. It works great. The only thing to watch out for is when you're coiling really small gauge wire (like 30ga.). You have to actually sort of lightly pull out on the "cap" part as you're wrapping (i.e., away from the handle) or the wire will tend to wind over itself. With heavier gauge wires, there's no issue. Just feed the wire through one of the holes in the handle and start rotating the cap, applying no inward pressure (toward the handle, that is), and you'll end up with a nice coil.
AH thanks man!

do you think this is okay for my bro in his temporary state? like could it be done with one hand...i know it's an akward question...but it's honestly the only reason i want to get it for him... also are the wraps good? like do you find yourself fixing them often or doing it yourself? or does it do everything virtually well, and can these do claptons me and him usually do claps with a drill lol...

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
You can get a coil jig, of different styles. One offers different sized lengths of steel, to hand wrap your coils round, while one end of the wire is held in place, or the other is a coilmaster style-which I think will benefit your brother more.

What you seem to be describing is known as a 'coil master'-I own one and they are very good. It also comes with different size pieces, for different sized coils, and a few different end caps, for different gauges of wire.

You thread your wire through a hole on the pen shaped end of the device, then start just half a wrap around the metal, then you put the cap on-then you simply just twist the end, as many times as you need, for your desired amount of wraps.

They are very helpful for making standard Nano, Micro and Macro coils. You can buy kits fairly cheaply too. You can either go for the original coil master, or a full kit with all components that works exactly the same, but is a clone, for a lot cheaper.

If your brother tends to know what size he likes though, maybe go for the real deal, if he likes different types, the box set may be more ideal for him.

ah that sounds perfect i just youtubed coil master after i read your post looks EXACTLY like what i remember...issue is can these be done with claps? me and him usually run claptons and use a drill to make them i can't really see how this is capable of doing them...if not i guess he needs to get used to standard coils.

conanthewarrior

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Essex, England.
ah that sounds perfect i just youtubed coil master after i read your post looks EXACTLY like what i remember...issue is can these be done with claps? me and him usually run claptons and use a drill to make them i can't really see how this is capable of doing them...if not i guess he needs to get used to standard coils.
No, It is for standard coils, sorry about that.

BUT-you could buy premade clapton wire and use it with the device. That would work-it just depends if you want to pay for clapton wire premade.

You may be surprised how good a vape you can get off of standard coils though-I hope that is the case, and you can enjoy vaping again with easily made coils of your own :).

Reactions: Sidsgothem

Sidsgothem

Mar 5, 2016
No, It is for standard coils, sorry about that.

BUT-you could buy premade clapton wire and use it with the device. That would work-it just depends if you want to pay for clapton wire premade.

You may be surprised how good a vape you can get off of standard coils though-I hope that is the case, and you can enjoy vaping again with easily made coils of your own :).

i think i'll buy him some premades and get him the coil master and let him decide his hand's going to be out for ATLEAST 6 months then need rehab...so we'll see...

thank you very much, you were extremely helpful!

conanthewarrior

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Essex, England.
i think i'll buy him some premades and get him the coil master and let him decide his hand's going to be out for ATLEAST 6 months then need rehab...so we'll see...

thank you very much, you were extremely helpful!
That sounds like a good idea.

I wish your brother well as soon as possible, it is very debilitating when you lose full function of something you use everyday.

All the best, Conan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread