Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
ive been considering purchasing the OBS Engine Nan as my 1st rta. I’ve read a lot of posts and some reviews about that have been favorable. However I just watched DJL(?) YouTube review and he mentions that the flavor can be somewhat muted unless the airflow is tightly restricted and using a larger wire.

Does anyone have any opinions about this. I’m a DL vaper usually use .15 or .2 coil at about 50-60 watts. I certainly don’t want to give up any flavor just because it’s an easier rta to start with.

Thanks

sara

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So yes I'm a true Nano junkie. I use a 3mm 5-6 wrap ss tri core fc .42 in my Nanos and get grear flavor. Some flavors I only use about 60% af around 23-24w, some wide open af around 23-26w. The deck can handle larger or smaller diameter coils, my sweet spot is 3mm regardless of coil type. I've used it as high as 60w with no problems. Not really my style tho. I like the af, tho it's not as sexy as the Zeus af. If you have any specific questions just tag me.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So yes I'm a true Nano junkie. I use a 3mm 5-6 wrap ss tri core fc .42 in my Nanos and get grear flavor. Some flavors I only use about 60% af around 23-24w, some wide open af around 23-26w. The deck can handle larger or smaller diameter coils, my sweet spot is 3mm regardless of coil type. I've used it as high as 60w with no problems. Not really my style tho. I like the af, tho it's not as sexy as the Zeus af. If you have any specific questions just tag me.

Great thanks for the help!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia i use KA 1 24ga with 3mm coming out as .542 ohms, what will be the wattage i should use without burning my cotton?
Only you can find your sweet spot, purely subjective. Haven't used kanthal in awhile, Maybe start at 15w and work your way up a couple of watts at a time. Don't forget to utilize the air flow looking for your perfect vape. I have some flavors I keep af wide open and others I prefer af shut down a bit. Just play with watts and af and you'll find your sweet spot. If you can't find it play with coil adjustment, raising or lowering the coil a small amount can make a significant difference.

AmgadT

Feb 3, 2018
Only you can find your sweet spot, purely subjective. Haven't used kanthal in awhile, Maybe start at 15w and work your way up a couple of watts at a time. Don't forget to utilize the air flow looking for your perfect vape. I have some flavors I keep af wide open and others I prefer af shut down a bit. Just play with watts and af and you'll find your sweet spot. If you can't find it play with coil adjustment, raising or lowering the coil a small amount can make a significant difference.
I tried it from 15w up to 35w the best flavor i got was from 25w to 30w but i don't know if that would be too much for my cotton to handle, as i notice a little bit of brown color at the middle of the wick.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tried it from 15w up to 35w the best flavor i got was from 25w to 30w but i don't know if that would be too much for my cotton to handle, as i notice a little bit of brown color at the middle of the wick.
What juice are you using? If it is sweet or a tobacco blend your coil will caramelize and turn your wick brown. Before I started diy I changed my wick in the Nanos every 2-3 days.

AmgadT

Feb 3, 2018
What juice are you using? If it is sweet or a tobacco blend your coil will caramelize and turn your wick brown. Before I started diy I changed my wick in the Nanos every 2-3 days.
I'm using BLVK uninuts 70VG/30PG 3mg , with KA 1 24awg spaced, .54 ohms, the coil itself isn't caramelize yet only the wick covered by the coil is getting brown after 1 day vaping.

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm using BLVK uninuts 70VG/30PG 3mg , with KA 1 24awg spaced, .54 ohms, the coil itself isn't caramelize yet only the wick covered by the coil is getting brown after 1 day vaping.
That's normal. One of the sacrifices you have to make to use a preferred flavor. Lowering watts and keeping af wide open will buy you a few hours before changing wick. That flavor is a coil gunker. The brown on the wick is okay, taste will tell you when it's time to change your wick. Dry burn you coil to clean it as well before rewicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread