Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Nice - vid of vapor production on this one?

After a week of frequent rebuilds I just had to stop...now I just dry burn and rewick my 1.5mm/28awg/9 wrap/1.3 ohm cotton micro coil, the differences in performance were so subtle it felt like a waste of time. This is my final build....the biggest difference between this one and all the others...the wick tails loop back up, coming to rest on either side of the coil...great flavor and way thicker vapor, KFL+

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
Sorry, don't have a vapor video, however...I assure you, vapor is much thicker with the additional wick material on the outside of the coil, only makes sense...right. If you try this build make sure the the wick easily moves side to side with very little resistance when you very slightly pull it side to side, to tight and it gets choked off. A number of Kayfunners have tried the TruWick, they all agreed on the additional vapor and flavor improvement.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
After years of attys and cartos and being at the mercy of their premade coils... there's just something satisfying and maybe therapeutic about wrapping the wire, installing an seeing it glow.. at least that's how it is for me. I don't normally rip out working coils but I never hesitate to recoil when the situation warrants. I have to exclude wrapping mesh in a genesis though... I hated doing that.

Before getting into rebuildables last early this year, I used cartos in tanks and they would constantly clog up due to coil gunk. I hated constantly throwing them away and installing new ones. Maybe the novelty will eventually wear off.. I can't see myself in 20 years still hunkered over my desk happily recoiling but for now.. it's the neatest thing in the world LOL

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
After years of attys and cartos and being at the mercy of their premade coils... there's just something satisfying and maybe therapeutic about wrapping the wire, installing an seeing it glow.. at least that's how it is for me. I don't normally rip out working coils but I never hesitate to recoil when the situation warrants. I have to exclude wrapping mesh in a genesis though... I hated doing that.

Before getting into rebuildables last early this year, I used cartos in tanks and they would constantly clog up due to coil gunk. I hated constantly throwing them away and installing new ones. Maybe the novelty will eventually wear off.. I can't see myself in 20 years still hunkered over my desk happily recoiling but for now.. it's the neatest thing in the world LOL

You go girl! :)

GreatestUnKnown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Bay Area CA.
Well it happened again, bought an igo-t from a local B&M. setup everything with simple 10 wrap MC and cotton but I think im going to use 30ga tomorrow in the igo-t. the small chamber makes the vapor run hot with 28 so maybe 30ga will tone it down a little. wifes asleep so no pics till morning, just lurking the microcoil thread and coil picture thread to get my fix for now.

Keep Calm and Vape On!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread