Odd question for the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Brag

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Nebraska
piezoelectric device (electronics) -- Britannica Online EncyclopediaA piezoelectric transducer is a device that produces an acoustic wave from a radio-frequency (RF) input or, conversely, converts an acoustic wave to an RF ...:?:
Now I am sure that I haven't used one of these to vape with. :) Thanks Shibby for reminding me that there are search engines here.:vapor:

Calypso

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Indiana
Piezoelectric is used in medical nebulizers to turn liquids into a fog the can be inhaled. Some of these are small pocket sized units. One I saw held up to 7ml. They are pricey, have short batt life (about 30min). I thought one of the mad scientists out there may have investigated. The one advantage these may have is that they seem to be much more durable than the current atty.

RRT

Feb 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
My guess is the viscosity of the eliquid will be an issue. I predict lots of gunking up and cleaning issues if it works at all.
Most all the medicines we nebulize in the medical field are just about water-thin, and diluted with about 85% normal saline water. Also, there is a very specific and relatively narrow micron particle size range that is even able to get to the vast majority of lung tissue, and while piezo elements can be adjusted for amplitude (amount of vapor), most are not adjustable for frequency, which is what determines particulate size. Just my 2 cents worth, and I hope technology continues to progress to make these ideas possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread