Odd Questions from a Perspective Vaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwaffles

Jan 26, 2013
United States
So let me preface this by saying i currently do not smoke cigarettes at all. I am an avid Hookah fan. as well as an occasional cigar smoker though.

I am looking for something to take with me on road trips and to friends houses that are not hookah friendly. I will mostly be looking for juices that have 0 nicotine in them and produce a fair amount of vapor.

After reading and watching quite a few reviews i have a general idea but still would love to be pointed in a solid direction.

Right now I am looking at the Ego Twist(non t or c model) with ViVi (vision) V2.5 tank from Welcome to Valley View Vapes - Your Home for Quality Inexpensive Tanks and Vaping Supplies. I have looked at the Provari too, which could be an option if i really enjoy the vapping sensation. So all things have to be able to work on it as well.

I look forward to your guidance and recommendations.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Welcome to the forum MrW! Sounds like good choices to start you off. I'm not familiar with hookah flavors, but you can get pretty much all e-juices in 0 mg unless they're naturally extracted tobaccos, which as their name implies would not be at 0. VG is a little sweet and some say can mute the flavor but give lots of vapor. PG increases throat hit and flavor intensity. If you dont have a sensitivity to one or the other then I would suggest a 30PG/70VG as a starting point. For myself I vape 100% VG because PG gives me a heavy sort of feeling in my chest and a dry persistent cough, so get some sampler packs of flavors to see what takes your fancy, or some 6 ml sizes of juices in different PG/VG ratios to see how you get on with them.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Agreed -- good start.

I've seen places that sell juice specifically for e-hookahs (which, as far as I can tell, are just giant PVs with hoses attached), but honestly, I think it may just be a sales angle. There doesn't seem to be a difference between those and any other e-cig juice, and I don't really see a point in limiting options that way, anyway.

[Edit to add this monstrosity. Just way too ugly not to post it.]

2_hose_E_Hookah__50e6585144342.jpg

Last edited:

mrwaffles

Jan 26, 2013
United States
A buddy at work switched from hookah to vaping with a Twist and some Viva Novas and Kanger T3s...he loves it. It's a great starting point without blowing a lot of cash. Once you settle in and know it's for you, then you can look at upgrades.

thanks guys for the kind words. I have a universal charger for most size batteries. I am a candlehead (flashlight enthusiast) too. So the battery side of things I am ok on. I think I have a ton of extra batteries for about every conceivable size. I love my hookahs and couldn't possible give them up. So much good flavors. Could you guys tell me some solid brands of e-juice to start with ?

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
thanks guys for the kind words. I have a universal charger for most size batteries. I am a candlehead (flashlight enthusiast) too. So the battery side of things I am ok on. I think I have a ton of extra batteries for about every conceivable size. I love my hookahs and couldn't possible give them up. So much good flavors. Could you guys tell me some solid brands of e-juice to start with ?

You'll probably get a ton of answers to that, since everyone's tastes are so different... and you may need to go through a few vendors before you find the ones you like (and you'll probably find a few you can't stand in the process). I'll just throw out some of my favorites:

Heather's Heavenly Vapes has some great extracted tobacco flavors, which might be right up a hookah-smoker's alley if you like the tobacco side of things. They're pretty no-frills as far as packaging and stuff go, but the juice is very high-quality stuff and the prices are good.

For fruity stuff, I've been getting some good stuff from Fuzion Vapor lately. They range from the subtle to the in-your-face as far as flavors go, but most have been very good.

A lot of people swear by Alice in Vapeland. They have a few I really like, and a few I'm sort of "meh" about, but nothing bad that I've found so far. Their packaging is nice if you're impressed by that sort of thing, and their "A little of everything" sampler is a great way to try a really broad range of their stuff.

I see a lot of people recommend Ahlusion, too, though I haven't tried much of their stuff, mostly because I don't have the patience to get an order in during the small windows that they let people order. What I've got has been great, but I haven't tried much of it.

Last edited:

mrwaffles

Jan 26, 2013
United States
You'll probably get a ton of answers to that, since everyone's tastes are so different... and you may need to go through a few vendors before you find the ones you like (and you'll probably find a few you can't stand in the process). I'll just throw out some of my favorites:

Heather's Heavenly Vapes has some great extracted tobacco flavors, which might be right up a hookah-smoker's alley if you like the tobacco side of things. They're pretty no-frills as far as packaging and stuff go, but the juice is very high-quality stuff and the prices are good.

For fruity stuff, I've been getting some good stuff from Fuzion Vapor lately. They range from the subtle to the in-your-face as far as flavors go, but most have been very good.

A lot of people swear by Alice in Vapeland. They have a few I really like, and a few I'm sort of "meh" about, but nothing bad that I've found so far. Their packaging is nice if you're impressed by that sort of thing, and their "A little of everything" sampler is a great way to try a really broad range of their stuff.

I see a lot of people recommend Ahlusion, too, though I haven't tried much of their stuff, mostly because I don't have the patience to get an order in during the small windows that they let people order. What I've got has been great, but I haven't tried much of it.

Awesome thanks for the heads up on flavors.

Looks like the website where I was going to order ego twist is now not available. Anyone have any suggestions on where to order a ego twist from ? Also who sells vision vivi 2.5s as well.

b0redagain

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Denver, CO
Awesome thanks for the heads up on flavors.

Looks like the website where I was going to order ego twist is now not available. Anyone have any suggestions on where to order a ego twist from ? Also who sells vision vivi 2.5s as well.

eGo Twist
Vivi Nova

Just remember that the 2.5 Nova has a larger diameter than the Twist...so also look at the mini Nova as it will look better.

You'll also want a cone to cover the threads and get it a cleaner look.

eGo Chrome Cone for the 3.5 mL Dual Coil Tank

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread