Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Just got my first Ody - it's the drip mode only. Here's my first problem.. I can't get it apart. The base and threaded rebuildable atomizer are either fused together and not reflective of the diagram on GG Wiki or are stuck together (hopefully not cross threaded). Before I try to muscle and wd-40 my way into opening this, can anyone tell me if they had this problem?

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Yes its typical at least for me... its tight because the o-ring seats itself in the base and holds on tight... once you do manage to get it all apart from the base give it a good bath and scrub the threads with an old toothbrush if possible... wash, rinse, repeat a couple times.... then before putting it back together lather up the inside base threads and the bottom half of the ody threads and the little o-ring at the bottom of your center post with vasoline... a little gunky is ok... I use a Q-Tip to get the vasoline inside the base...and if you do this after every rebuild it will make it much easier to take apart the next time.... is also the best way to prevent leaks....

Last edited:

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Almost thought it was going to cross thread it if i took it off. Used a big spray of WD 40 and some soapy water and just gently worked it off. It seems fine. Now I'm gonna try to build my first wick w/ mesh. Is it terrible to use 400 mesh with all VG juice? I know that the 325 is supposed to be better for thicker juices but wanted to ask to see how much that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread