Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Imeo,

I see that everything will be done through presales. Will there be a new thread started for each presale for new parts and devices? I have a feeling I will be lurking on these threads. Can't wait for my ody to come in, and tide me over to the Ithaka. Thinking, and hoping, there will be a preorder for the peny as well.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Sorry for the vent but wanted to share some frustrations. Received ody in the mail today and the base is not 510 it is GGTS, also the extra ceramic is v2 but the housing and the ceramic installed is V1. All of which were not as advertised. Sent the seller a pm and waiting to hear back.

Here are pictures just so maybe I can confirm as well, mainly about the housing not being v2.

IMG_0668.jpg IMG_0671.jpg

And looking inside the ceramic I do not see a place to use a screwdriver to tighten/loosen if needed to remove the ceramic, not the biggest concern at the moment just was confused.

Again sorry for the vent just really frustrated. Only question I did have is the top collar is the one with notches for the v2, but it doesn't sit flush with the collar below, is this normal?
IMG_0670.jpg

On the plus, when put together it feels really nice. Hopefully this gets straightened out because I would love to build a coil and start using it. Actually my 3.5 silica came in from COV today as well.

Last edited:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
The housing and ceramic are both v1. You can't use a v2 ceramic with a v1 housing...both have to be upgraded. The nut inside the ceramic is more than likely upside down which would explain the lack of a notch to use screwdriver. The top mouthpiece nut will not sit completely flush unless your oring is wore out or too thin so this is a good thing as it will not leak.
It's a shame about the TS base because unless you have a GGTS, you will not be able to use the Ody until you get a 510 base.
It looks to me like this Ody was pieced together. I hope you get it worked out with the seller.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Yeah, I am hoping he gets online today and sees the pm. How would the nut inside the ceramic be taken out to make right side?

The housing and ceramic are both v1. You can't use a v2 ceramic with a v1 housing...both have to be upgraded. The nut inside the ceramic is more than likely upside down which would explain the lack of a notch to use screwdriver. The top mouthpiece nut will not sit completely flush unless your oring is wore out or too thin so this is a good thing as it will not leak.
It's a shame about the TS base because unless you have a GGTS, you will not be able to use the Ody until you get a 510 base.
It looks to me like this Ody was pieced together. I hope you get it worked out with the seller.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thank you. Will try this if needed. Gonna hold off doing anything with the ody until i hear from the seller. Hoping this was mix up and that i will be fixed.

Unscrew the ceramic housing/assembly from the base then loosen the connector pin from the bottom with a screwdriver if needed. Once loose you can unscrew from the bottom of the pin by pulling slightly while unscrewing to apply pressure to the nut inside the ceramic which will keep it from turning.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I checked the add Long. This person either didn't have a clue what they were talking about, or....

The picture clearly shows the GGTS base not the 510 base and the drip mode mouthpiece offered uses a different base than either the GGTS or the standard Ody 510 base.

And maybe I've been out the used Ody scene for a while but I don't consider it a good price at all for an Ody that doesn't even have the original tank tube.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Yeah unfortunately I was a little to quick on jumping the gun. Watched many videos after purchasing and the base also nagged at me. Wasn't overly shocked when it came in the mail today. Right now I am hoping for the best, maybe a mix up that can be corrected. Sad thing is it looks and feels great, really wish it was usable.

You know what they say about a fool and their money, haha.

Last edited:

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Yeah. It looks like this was put together piece by piece. What you have here is an Ody v1 mouthpiece, V2 mouthpiece top cap, V1/V2 Top Cap, V1 Ceramic Housing Assy with V1 ceramic, Kir Fanis Tank and GG Base.

I read the classified ad and it doesn't mention anything about a 510 base so you can't argue the seller about that. But it was advertised as having a V2 ceramic which is false since the housing is V1 and a V2 ceramic will not fit because a V2 only has a single slot in the ceramic.

Get a refund. Good luck!

Edit: It also has a V1 centerpin with a slot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread