Ody Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
He did post that it was a 510 base, post #7 "it's on the original 510 base", but I also agree I was not learned enough on the parts until after purchase. Hoping to hear back and get it straightened out. And at this point a refund would be best.

Plus several pm's between him and myself, indicating the same and that is was a "complete v2."

EDIT: Sorry, see that was posted above. Thanks River

Yeah. It looks like this was put together piece by piece. What you have here is an Ody v1 mouthpiece, V2 mouthpiece top cap, V1/V2 Top Cap, V1 Ceramic Housing Assy with V1 ceramic, Kir Fanis tank and GG Base.

I read the classified ad and it doesn't mention anything about a 510 base so you can't argue the seller about that. But it was advertised as having a V2 ceramic which is false since the housing is V1 and a V2 ceramic will not fit because a V2 only has a single slot in the ceramic.

Get a refund. Good luck!

Edit: It also has a V1 centerpin with a slot.

Last edited:

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Well alls well that ends well. Seller contacted me, sending the v2 housing and 510 base, with extra stuff and letting me keep what was sent by accident. Leaving it up to him whether he wants to refund so he doesn't lose out, as I just got a good deal on an ody with shorty and full mode and extras last night as well. If end up with both may have to put one up on the classies not sure if I will need two.

Does anyone have a link to a video on how to build a coil for the v2 housing, both odys will have this now. I have seen videos for the v1 but with the difference in v2 wasn't sure if I needed to position the negative coil differently.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
That's very good news Long!

On the v2 the negative is simply placed in the metal channel of the ceramic housing and the wick placed on top of it. Cut the wire and the wick at the bottom of the housing. I'll find a video and edit this post with a link.

Post 335 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/23262-gg-reviews-34.html

It's a video of Penelope but the setup is the same for Ody v2

Last edited:

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Thanks River, very much appreciated. Actually want to say thanks for the earlier posts, really helped out confirming when I was concerned. Also, since you had seen the ad want to put that the seller is really stand up as well.

Bookmarked the link, now the hard waiting part begins haha.

That's very good news Long!

On the v2 the negative is simply placed in the metal channel of the ceramic housing and the wick placed on top of it. Cut the wire and the wick at the bottom of the housing. I'll find a video and edit this post with a link.

Post 335 http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/23262-gg-reviews-34.html

It's a video of Penelope but the setup is the same for Ody v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread