Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Kinda have to agree about Joye. I like the eGos -- even the 510s -- and still ahve a ton of eGo batts. They got me off smokes, they're trusty and reliable and one of the most popular E-cigs. But that success has made Joye complacent. They're not evolving with the market, they just keep trying to take incremental steps with the same eGo hardware, and the eGo-C ... well, I'm not impressed. What they've made in the past is reliable and works very well, but the market has evolved to the point where they're being overtaken by equal or better hardware that oftentimes is cheaper.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
I don't think it's a matter of complacency, they know where they stand in the market, as the unquestionable leader in entry-level e-cigarette products and just like so many other companies in different industries they're figuring out ways of re-branding their existing products to make them more appealing to the masses. Kind of like what Nintendo did with the Wii, they re-branded a GameCube added a cool new feature and bam! one of the best selling consoles in history.

We still have to give Joye their due, ask any member here on ECF what their first device was and I'm certain that 9 out of 10 will tell you it was a Joye product or Joye derived. In my opinion they're working hard on becoming the poster child of e-cigarettes, and if ever some day e-cigarettes become common currency Joye will be to e-cigarettes what Apple is to the smartphone; the masses will flock towards the easy to use, well known product while the more "advanced" users will lean more towards a mod type device, or to complete my analogy; a rooted Android device :D

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't think it's a matter of complacency, they know where they stand in the market, as the unquestionable leader in entry-level e-cigarette products and just like so many other companies in different industries they're figuring out ways of re-branding their existing products to make them more appealing to the masses. Kind of like what Nintendo did with the Wii, they re-branded a GameCube added a cool new feature and bam! one of the best selling consoles in history.

We still have to give Joye their due, ask any member here on ECF what their first device was and I'm certain that 9 out of 10 will tell you it was a Joye product or Joye derived. In my opinion they're working hard on becoming the poster child of e-cigarettes, and if ever some day e-cigarettes become common currency Joye will be to e-cigarettes what Apple is to the smartphone; the masses will flock towards the easy to use, well known product while the more "advanced" users will lean more towards a mod type device, or to complete my analogy; a rooted Android device :D

Perhaps. But there's precious little distance between knowing where you stand and realizing that that's all you're doing, yet so few businesses seem to understand that once they get to the head of the pack. If we're going to go with a smartphone analogy, look at Palm, and look at RIM, who have so far been following very much the same path. Both market leaders in their fields. The former done in by not realizing that standing was all they were doing, and the latter having done the same thing and heading down the same toilet as the former.

I certainly can't argue that Joye has had and continues to have the most popular starter E-cigs on the market. But like Palm and RIM, the also-rans are rapidly gaining ground and are poised to overtake, while it seems like Joye, so confident in its market position, hasn't even bothered to check the rear view and continues to trundle along making steady but merely incremental progress rather than sprinting and innovating. We can't even use the Nintendo analogy here because Joye hasn't created their Wii, if you will; their latest, the eGo-C, is just an eGo-T where you just replace the inner bit instead of the whole atomizer assembly, and the inner bits aren't much cheaper than whole atomizers. It's different, but it's hardly innovative. Let's see true 3.7V. Let's see a PWM regulator for better battery life. Let's see a tank system that doesn't suck. Something.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Hi
Great sale prices. Would you know if your 306 atomizer will fit the 306 DCA. Also how about a link to your site from your thread and a link to your thread from the site. I love being lazy. Thanks in advance
Drac

I don't know if the 306 will fit the DCA but you could tell us soon enough. Thanks by the way.
www.CANVAPE.com

I can't edit my posts anymore since my class changed perhaps devilfishphil could edit his post under the first one of mine and add the link above his text? I am going to integrate the site with ECF so I will put neon links for us.

**NOTE**
We have to apologize and are a little embarrassed. The CONTACT FORM on our website only started to work today. Some of the code was incorrect and it was just dumping the form's contents instead of e-mailing them to us. Sorry about that, I'm sure a few people probably have used it and just thought we didn't care enough to respond, I can assure you that was not the case.

Kieco

Nov 4, 2011
Edmundston, NB
Just wanted to comment on my order with CanVape.com.

Tom was great in fixing any order modifications and went out of his way to make sure it was delivered on the same day.
Now this is amazing customer service considering that he probably had tons of orders with the 3-day grand opening special they had and which started on Friday Dec 1.

Needless to say, I got my order on Monday Dec 5 morning ... damn that was fast!
Everything was organized in the package and I could not be more pleased.

There was a drip tip missing which I can understand because it doesn't originally come part of the L-Rider starter kit. I could really care less, but when I contacted him, he went out of his way to send me a few drip tips today for the inconvenience.

Thanks again!
I'll be sending more of my business your way in the near future.

A+++ Highly recommend this vendor.

MrLyle

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Canada
Mopar, some of us who bought the Lavatube and a DCT tank to go with it would really like it if you could stock the 2.5ohm pre-punched replacement cartos from SmokTech. Right now the only replacement carto you have for that tank is 1.5ohm. Too LR for the Lavatube.

I know they make them cause Madvapes sells them, but quite honestly, I'd rather spend my money at your store rather than at US based vendor. So if that's at all possible, it would be awesome.

Shany

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
Montreal Quebec
I think MrLyle is right with the lavatube it would be better to have a 2.5 ohms carto and by the way I received my order today and I has one of those thank in and I love it on an epower not so much and lavatube because resistance is to low.

I wish you big succes as vendor and I'll order again and recommand you. Sorry for my poor english lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread