cartoon land,usa
giphy.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
This morning's weather has been something like...

stormy-animated-rain-cloud.gif

I really tried to sleep in with the rain and thunder that started this morning... but just couldn't. I also couldn't help think that we've either missed a bullet or missed out on a lot of snow... It's certainly has been an interesting week weather wise.

Tuesday started it with freezing rain. By Weds morning, I had to chip open the door on my Escape to get in but the roads had already cleared. Then another round came in around 11:30am this time was mixed precip from freezing rain and mostly sleet. Again we didn't get a lot of accumulation and by the next morning on Thurs... the roads were sloshy from the ice but again cleared pretty early. On Thursday... another round started coming in around 10:30am... luckily it switched up to rain for the most part where I'm at. None of these would have amounted to much accumulation had they stuck around... the only issue would have been the icy streets had they been worse.

Friday brought another rounds of rain... and not just a little bit. Last time I looked, our total for the day was about 1.6" ( of badly needed rain btw ). This morning, we had another round start about 7:45 and it's already rained another 0.68" but it looks like it's tapering off and may quit soon.

Had the cold stuck around... and had it been ice or snow... we'd have been socked in. If it had been ice, it would have been a disaster area... But I keep thinking what if it had been snow instead. I haven't seen two foot of snow around here since I was a kid... While that would have socked us in... it sort of would have been neat to see again also.

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
This morning's weather has been something like...

View attachment 725087

I really tried to sleep in with the rain and thunder that started this morning... but just couldn't. I also couldn't help think that we've either missed a bullet or missed out on a lot of snow... It's certainly has been an interesting week weather wise.

Tuesday started it with freezing rain. By Weds morning, I had to chip open the door on my Escape to get in but the roads had already cleared. Then another round came in around 11:30am this time was mixed precip from freezing rain and mostly sleet. Again we didn't get a lot of accumulation and by the next morning on Thurs... the roads were sloshy from the ice but again cleared pretty early. On Thursday... another round started coming in around 10:30am... luckily it switched up to rain for the most part where I'm at. None of these would have amounted to much accumulation had they stuck around... the only issue would have been the icy streets had they been worse.

Friday brought another rounds of rain... and not just a little bit. Last time I looked, our total for the day was about 1.6" ( of badly needed rain btw ). This morning, we had another round start about 7:45 and it's already rained another 0.68" but it looks like it's tapering off and may quit soon.

Had the cold stuck around... and had it been ice or snow... we'd have been socked in. If it had been ice, it would have been a disaster area... But I keep thinking what if it had been snow instead. I haven't seen two foot of snow around here since I was a kid... While that would have socked us in... it sort of would have been neat to see again also.
Redsock, I dom't miss da ice or snow reallys to libbes in its anyways :lol: Butts whem ya gets da big one lemme knows and we'll play k ?
19706.jpg
or I coulds takes ya ta werk iffin ya wannas
SnowCar_zpswarksiyp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread