Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
J don't feel like the lone ranger on that one,I still use a 20 watt istick with a nautilus mini tank at 7.2 watts it's all I need :)
Yup, I hear ya. Just about the same here. Most setups I'm between 12 to 20W. My only point in all of this is just to fulfill my nic needs, without smoking. And 4 years now shows that it works for me. That's all I want out of this. Not interested in blowing huge cumulus clouds. I find that ridiculous. They can have all that. I just want to stay ciggie free!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
About time for RD's long nap to be over :)

I'm up... the timer rang at midnight... Only managed a solid 2-3 hrs I think but I did drop in and out a couple of times before that. I've been looking at weather info, maps and satellite images since I got up.

As usual... The weather is changing up again or still. I don't think it's enough to make changes to my plans right off... but it may cause a redirect about the time I reach Joplin. But I'll make that call then and not now.

First... here at home, they've dropped us back to just mostly sunny. The storm/clouds that has been mostly in New Mexico and the Texas panhandle have moved slightly to the east. They are still flowing up from the south and turning eastward but now more into the northern Oklahoma and Kansas area than just in Kansas. This will increase the chances of clouds where I live it appears.

The storms/clouds that are currently in western Missouri have broken down some but do seem to indicate a building trend that may again build over towards OBG's and the St. Louis area. In addition... NE Kansas east of Kansas City is starting to look better for those that are going to that area.

So I'm planning to continue as I mentioned and head towards OBG's at first. I'll stop and take a look again when I reach Joplin MO... which if things continue, may give me a northern option to take if it's needed.

Here is the HRRR model again. It's closer to what is actually happening now, like it was previously... but it's also changing again out towards the time of the eclipse also but not in our favor. Talking about weather that is keeping me on my toes... :)

HRRR.jpg

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Ok... I've got everything loaded into the car... even my homemade light shield/curtain made from a vacuum cleaner box... Aw, southern engineering ain't it a wonder... :D

If I've got service when I get to Joplin... I'll try to drop in and say whats going on... hope to see you on the other side... :)

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    I needed to stretch my legs... so I stopped about 60m west of Joplin. Checked the HRRR model while here, it's looking good again over by OBG so unless things change in an hour... that's the direction I'm taking :)

Was just outside and could see stars :thumbs:up in the sky that is :laugh:

AG51

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    Ok... I've got everything loaded into the car... even my homemade light shield/curtain made from a vacuum cleaner box... Aw, southern engineering ain't it a wonder... :D

If I've got service when I get to Joplin... I'll try to drop in and say whats going on... hope to see you on the other side... :)
    HootersD1616.gif

we will always welcome you to da otha sides
    ghost_animated.gif

Victory4.gif

Redsock Please drive Safe and check in. Can't wait to hear about your journey and you better put those pictures up for us to see ♥ HURRY UP !!!
    8ca437ddabc38343c5_zps426708ea.jpg
    Loves you

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread