Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
My thoughts exactly.
I'm the type of person that updates the apps on my smartphone as soon as they become available, but with my Provari's it's a different story... My P3 is still on 36, and I forget what my Classic is at.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was going to get mine updated today after work, but forgot to bring the other one with me.. so maybe next week.

What do we lose? What do we gain with this ver?
Radius/Procyon style battery gauge and not much else.

I am going to get both of mine updated but only because there is a retailer 15 min from me and they do the updates for me for free.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
I was going to get mine updated today after work, but forgot to bring the other one with me.. so maybe next week.

What do we lose? What do we gain with this ver?
Manual Scroll, pictured battery meter and improved battery mgt. We can still navigate to battery % if we want to see it.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
I'm the type of person that updates the apps on my smartphone as soon as they become available, but with my Provari's it's a different story... My P3 is still on 36, and I forget what my Classic is at.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
My P3's are on 36 as well. I have a simple rule, if they work and I am happy with the vape, I don't mess with them. That said, I can understand those who want the most current firmware.

woodardjd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Midwest City, OK
Added a P3 Ti to the family thanks to ECF classies. The weight was surprising. I like it. I like it a lot.

579b05f3764a9479eb18811d8ed33a40.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
New P3 came home today.

I was in the Specials page, and saw they had the Beta models up for sale.
I didn't even think. I just bought one.

Fired her up tonight, and what is THIS?!?
A BATTERY METER?!?
Ugh.
My original Beta, gifted to me by someone so important it makes the story sound impossible, is still running VER31...which many have never seen.
My second Beta, acquired in a similar fashion as the first, is running VER37(?) or VER39(?)...
It still has the battery percentage, which switches with the voltage/wattage, with every press of the button.
I prefer that.

Manual scroll? Give the thing an old school v2.5 feel...kinda.

I could definitely do without the Money Saved, Cigs Avoided, Puff Counter, etc...

That battery meter...ew.
Not judging anyone here who likes it, cuz the entire vape industry is subjective.
I just wish the meter was optional.
Oh well.
At least you can navigate to the percentage if you have to.
I'm assuming this device is running current software.
Where the heck do I find out what VER it's running?
The INFO option from VER31 is long gone.

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven
New P3 came home today.

I was in the Specials page, and saw they had the Beta models up for sale.
I didn't even think. I just bought one.

Fired her up tonight, and what is THIS?!?
A BATTERY METER?!?
Ugh.
My original Beta, gifted to me by someone so important it makes the story sound impossible, is still running VER31...which many have never seen.
My second Beta, acquired in a similar fashion as the first, is running VER37(?) or VER39(?)...
It still has the battery percentage, which switches with the voltage/wattage, with every press of the button.
I prefer that.

Manual scroll? Give the thing an old school v2.5 feel...kinda.

I could definitely do without the Money Saved, Cigs Avoided, Puff Counter, etc...

That battery meter...ew.
Not judging anyone here who likes it, cuz the entire vape industry is subjective.
I just wish the meter was optional.
Oh well.
At least you can navigate to the percentage if you have to.
I'm assuming this device is running current software.
Where the heck do I find out what VER it's running?
The INFO option from VER31 is long gone.
RCL>INFO

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
I recently purchased 4 of the satin silver high performance end caps from Provape, and I just wanted to let everyone know how great that they work on the P3.

I am experiencing longer battery life in 18350 mode, and my iq reading has never been less than 80% on any of my devices, and is often from 86 to 90%.

I have only been using them for a couple of days, but so far, they were well worth the purchase price, and if you are considering making this purchase, I highly recommend that u do so [emoji3].

I also would like to publicly thank Kim for all of her help in making my purchase such a delight. Thanks, Kim!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Housedag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
Canada
I recently purchased 4 of the satin silver high performance end caps from Provape, and I just wanted to let everyone know how great that they work on the P3.

I am experiencing longer battery life in 18350 mode, and my iq reading has never been less than 80% on any of my devices, and is often from 86 to 90%.

I have only been using them for a couple of days, but so far, they were well worth the purchase price, and if you are considering making this purchase, I highly recommend that u do so [emoji3].

I also would like to publicly thank Kim for all of her help in making my purchase such a delight. Thanks, Kim!!!!

View attachment 576855

Just thought I would add a pic of my p3's w their new end caps (along w a couple of my faithful 2.5's).

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Image1468204058.791861.jpg
    Image1468204058.791861.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia

I also bought the new end cap and the LG HG2 - so awesome, getting much better battery life, even from my old 10 month old batteries! Such a good investment !

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
I'm another who is pleased with the high performance end cap. The battery life is so much better with it. I will state... such a good and worthwhile investment. :thumbs:

It really should be added as an option with the purchase of a P3. :)

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I hadn't used my P3 and Kayfun in over a year, but I've been doing some vape inventory recently to prepare for the upcoming FDA regulations. I'm planning on getting a Kabuki clone from Fastech soon to use on the P3, because the KFL+'s draw is just too tight for me now.

Now, my question. I put a RDA with a 0.8 ohm coil on the P3 to reacquaint myself with the P3 (I didn't have anything with lower ohms). Vapes fine at 3.8 volts. However, the battery life sucked. I used a Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4, AW (2200mah 20 amp), and LG HG2. The P3 died after about an hour of vaping. I measured their voltage at the point they died, and the voltage read 3.7 volts on all four batteries. What terrible battery management!!

The version of P3 I have is the 36. If I send my P3 in to Provape for the most recent update, does anyone think I will get better battery performance?

I know the Kabuki uses 1.8 ohm Aspire coils, so that may help a little bit with battery management, but if the update isn't going to help with battery management I may not even get the Kabuki tank. BTW, I did the alcohol prep maintanance of the battery contacts inside the P3.

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I'm another who is pleased with the high performance end cap. The battery life is so much better with it. I will state... such a good and worthwhile investment. :thumbs:

It really should be added as an option with the purchase of a P3. :)

I'm happy to see the positive reports about the new cap; I've been wanting them for my P3s ever since they were announced.

But I guess I have to be "that guy". I just cannot justify paying $28 for one, which is more than twice the price of the previous part.

I am honestly not a cheapskate when it comes to vape stuff - I have 7 Provaris, a few Dicodes, and use only Kabuki and genuine Kayfun tanks. I highly value quality and design and never complain about paying the price. But that doesn't mean I'll pay a lot more than the value offered. I am convinced that the electrical improvement of the new cap is nowhere near double that of the original part. If anyone has specific measurements I'd love to be corrected if I'm overlooking something.

No doubt there are new stamping dies and CNC programs so I realize there's a good reason for Pro Vape to charge more than the original.

This item just doesn't trip my trigger for the cost/benefit equation. I suspect that over time as the tooling gets amortized, they may be reduced to a more reasonable price. I'll be the first to order at least 3 at that time.

Reactions: AstroTurf

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
I hadn't used my P3 and Kayfun in over a year, but I've been doing some vape inventory recently to prepare for the upcoming FDA regulations. I'm planning on getting a Kabuki clone from Fastech soon to use on the P3, because the KFL+'s draw is just too tight for me now.

Now, my question. I put a RDA with a 0.8 ohm coil on the P3 to reacquaint myself with the P3 (I didn't have anything with lower ohms). Vapes fine at 3.8 volts. However, the battery life sucked. I used a Samsung 25R, Sony VTC4, AW (2200mah 20 amp), and LG HG2. The P3 died after about an hour of vaping. I measured their voltage at the point they died, and the voltage read 3.7 volts on all four batteries. What terrible battery management!!

The version of P3 I have is the 36. If I send my P3 in to Provape for the most recent update, does anyone think I will get better battery performance?

I know the Kabuki uses 1.8 ohm Aspire coils, so that may help a little bit with battery management, but if the update isn't going to help with battery management I may not even get the Kabuki tank. BTW, I did the alcohol prep maintanance of the battery contacts inside the P3.
Glad to see you're still out there Baditude!! I purchased a couple of the new endcaps to use on the P3's and it certainly seemed to improve battery life IMHO...it does, however, add 0.25" to the length.
I am using the Aspire 1.8 or 1.6 ohm coils in the Kabukis and I get all day from an 18650...only vaping at <10 watts, though. Can't comment on sub ohm...my RTA builds are never lower than 1.4 ohms.
Give the new endcaps a try, they certainly seem to supply a better circuit vs a spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread