Official ProVari Radius Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Was just on Provape's website looking at the specials and noticed that they are now selling the Provari Programmer which is used to upgrade the P3 and the Classic Provaris and they're only asking $30 bucks for it! I've already ordered one for myself...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

karlmetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2014
NW Florida
Was just on Provape's website looking at the specials and noticed that they are now selling the Provari Programmer which is used to upgrade the P3 and the Classic Provaris and they're only asking $30 bucks for it! I've already ordered one for myself...

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Note that it will not work with Windows 10 or Mac.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ya, this is a bummer. I'm also gonna guess it won't work with a Windoze XP (or whatever) VM, and will require spending another $200 to buy some POS aging Windoze box to run it. But, then, OTOH no updates will ever be forthcoming and I purchased it more as something to add to the ProVape collection/museum, then with any plans of ever actually using it, or spending many festive weeks of time h4ck1ng my p3s to Work Different (or not at all! yay).

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
$140:00 Radius on the specials page.
giphy.gif

If it's there Thursday, it's mine.:thumbs:

I keep looking at it @gnees, damn, I want it, but you are safe, I just can't do it yet. Maybe next time a Radius comes up on the specials.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was also looking at it ... however, it's 50+ watts higher than I vape.

Sent via iPhone
Damn, lately I've been vaping a Smok mod and tank with a 10 coil head @ 140w. Even though I still also vape my Radius/Kabuki at 12w every day, does that make me a traitor to the ProVape peeps? :w00t:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Damn, lately I've been vaping a Smok mod and tank with a 10 coil head @ 140w. Even though I still also vape my Radius/Kabuki at 12w every day, does that make me a traitor to the ProVape peeps? :w00t:
No, it just means you are a vaper!!!

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
This is my one concern with the 60W; how well do they do on the low end?

All the talk is about how high you can fire a device.

What ProVape has always done is handle the low end really, really well.

I vape my 60watt Radius with Kabuki at 8 to 10 watts and with my RTAs at 10 to 14 watts (usually between 12 and 14) and love it.

I can only compare it with an Aspire ESP 30 and it seems that the Radius is way, way, way better. It's difficult to explain but it seems to give a more "fluid" vape.

Love vaping, I've just sent an email to a News Radio Station here in Mexico that published in its website an article called "The 7 Truths about E-Cigs", imagine what kind of truths they published.:mad: I mean, if they can't publish unbiased info they can just keep their mouths (and news websites) closed.

:thumb:

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Ya know... I've moved on with most of my vaping gear, and really miss the P3 connector. It's too bad, the 510 connect on high-end mods and atomizers is just... silly and a weird remnant of being compatible with cig-alikes from the stone ages. The odds that the industry will adopt the P3 connector as a standard is 0. The odds that anybody is going to make devices compatible with it moving forward, is nearly zero. At ProVape's height, the Kayfun 4 *DID* have a P3 connector, but I don't think there was enough marketshare left for them to bother with the K5.

Other than all that, the K5 has until April I think (or perhaps May), before it has to be pulled from the market, at least in the entire EU due to their TPD. Max tank size in EU is now 2mL, the K5 is being sold still because they kicked it out the door 5 minutes before the TPD dropped, which allowed it to stay on the market for a year. That year is nearly over.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
This is my one concern with the 60W; how well do they do on the low end?

All the talk is about how high you can fire a device.

What ProVape has always done is handle the low end really, really well.

All hail to the low end.

kurtsey bow.JPG

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
[emoji27][emoji22]

No more K5 ?

I will have to do something! Looks like Provape is an endangered species and now I find that no more K5 ?

I'll have to buy 2 more (at 100 bucks I guess it's all I'll be able to have) and maybe some 1:1 clones even though it's against my principles

It's frustrating to receive so many bad news regarding vaping when I've just started

I guess it's time to stockpile seriously or I'll end vaping Chinese devices

Not that the are bad I guess but I trust Provape and really are attached to my Kayfuns

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
I vape my 60watt Radius with Kabuki at 8 to 10 watts and with my RTAs at 10 to 14 watts (usually between 12 and 14) and love it.

I can only compare it with an Aspire ESP 30 and it seems that the Radius is way, way, way better. It's difficult to explain but it seems to give a more "fluid" vape.

Love vaping, I've just sent an email to a News Radio Station here in Mexico that published in its website an article called "The 7 Truths about E-Cigs", imagine what kind of truths they published.:mad: I mean, if they can't publish unbiased info they can just keep their mouths (and news websites) closed.

:thumb:
I wished my ESP 30w was as reliable as a provari... Feels nice in the hand.

Netop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Providence, RI
But yesterday the Radius showed an error 8 internal failure so I took the battery and restarted it.

It is working now after I restarted but do you think I have to send it to Provape?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Is sent mine back because I got that message after five minutes of use. Awaiting a credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread