OFFICIAL - SMOKELESSIMAGE.com Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Has anyone tried Cherry or watermelon? Im looking for some tasty fruit cartos from SI

I thought the Cherry was OK, but I kept tasting cinnamon in it (which I can't stand in a vape :().

The Watermelon, OTOH, really shocked me. It was not a flavor I would ever have considered ordering, but SI's is delicious! It manages to taste really ripe, juicy and sweet (very sweet) -- but like melon, not candy!

If you're keen on the Classic Grape, I'd guess you might really like the Watermelon too! (But if you add menthol to it, please don't tell me -- yuck (1).gif :laugh:)

samuraijill

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
Oregon High Desert
As others have mentioned, the nicquids you use can mean everything when it comes to cartomizer life. A couple of examples from extreme ends of the scale:

I've been loving me some fruity nicquids lately -- watermelon, honeydew, melon explosion -- and have been using all three of those in unmodified cartos and some tanks lately. All of those cartomizers have been lasting quite literally for over two weeks of use with multiple refills per day. All of these nicquids are pretty much 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG and are relatively thin and clear.

Conversely I recently reviewed some wonderful-tasting natural extracted tobacco nicquids and taken as they came, I was very lucky to get two to four refills out of a cartomizer before the draw became tight and the taste became "off" (or worse). Because these nicquids were extracted from real tobacco they contain a high amount of particulates / suspended solids (despite at least three to four stages of filtering) which I strongly suspect serve to clog up the fill material and build up on the coil, drastically affecting the cartomizer's performance. This problem affected every cartomizer I tried included our beloved Volt cartos.

Unfortunately, neither color nor thickness is necessarily a good way to tell whether a nicquid is going to be problematic. I've had darker, thicker nicquids (in particular, a nice Irish Cream that I tried) that seemed to last almost as long as those fruity ones, while some of the problematic tobacco nicquids mentioned above are a light, transparent blonde color and not really all that thick. It is the actual flavorings that are most likely determine whether the nicquid is a carto-killer or not.

For those nicquids that do degrade cartomizers quickly, it may be possible to make them less damaging. The particulate density can be reduced by thinning them with some straight PG and/or perhaps a bit of PGA or vodka, provided that the flavor is strong enough to be satisfying when thinned this way. With the tobacco nicquids above, this allowed me to get the nicquids working well about 1.5x to 2x as long as they did "as-is".

As others have suggested, it is a very good practice to dedicate one cartomizer to a new nicquid and if it is not the only flavor you vape over day or few, keep track of refills before performance drops off. If it goes a long way, great; if not, consider whether the taste is good enough to be worth your time and if so experiment further with thinning to see if you can make it last a bit longer. You might also consider getting in polite touch with the vendor and presenting them with your experience; if they value you as a customer they should be up-front about the ingredients, let you know if they or others have had the same experience and whether they are looking into different flavorings, filtering methods, etc.

Hope this helps!

+1 and hi Vapian! I have found this to be soooo true; I've got one liquid I love that I literally could use the same carto for months on end with, I only fill a new one with this flavor because the plastic sticker has peeled off the carto and the black ink is wearing away showing the white sticker underneath, plus I'm bored of it. But another flavor I like I just gave up because it gets burnt particulate after just a couple of topoffs.

also +1 for diamond end caps, I knew you really loved me SI!

also because I love my fellow Volt nationals I will warn you all not to start playing the online game Glitch. Just don't. I'm not sure if I will ever get my life back.

but if you do, friend me, I'm JillyBean over there :D

miss you guys!

Also, GO RAVE for kicking your floor's a**!!

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Also, GO RAVE for kicking your floor's a**!!

Consider it kicked (I finished it today). All I have left is to apply sealer and add quarter round moulding around the island. And to clean that disgusting refrigerator grill. :facepalm: We're expecting heavy stormage tonight, so I left the dern thing (the fridge grill) outside on the deck. Hopefully, nature will rinse off and soften up some of the grime for me. Don't you laugh at me! When I go camping down at the creek I put the grill in the water after cooking meat on it. The current and minnows get it 99% clean. Only having to expend 1% effort works for me! :)

Saberhead - The New Grape is also fantastic, but in a different way. The Watermelon is one that I also never expected to like, but I love it. Cherry is a no-go for me. Also try the RY4 if you haven't already. Can't live without that one either. SI has me hopelessly hooked.

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California
My wall charger (USB Part) isn't working :( Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to fix it? Thanks!

I ordered a wall charger that didn't work, and CS sent me a replacement right away. They were also very helpful in helping me troubleshoot the problems I was having with my passthru. Go to the SI site and submit a support ticket. They may be closed for the night, but you should definitely get a response tomorrow morning.

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
My wall charger (USB Part) isn't working :( Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to fix it? Thanks!
I have found that one of my dongles (USB Part) won't work unless it is scrupulously clean--and the batt connection, too.
Use a q-tip and alcohol, (just don't let the alcohol run down inside), and let everything dry well before applying power.

Bluemoonjo

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
Missouri
I ordered a wall charger that didn't work, and CS sent me a replacement right away. They were also very helpful in helping me troubleshoot the problems I was having with my passthru. Go to the SI site and submit a support ticket. They may be closed for the night, but you should definitely get a response tomorrow morning.

It is one that has been working/I've been using. I've ordered two kits, so I don't know which kit it came with. I'm at 4 months 14 days YAY!! so it isn't under warranty any more.
yk how the light on the usb changes colors when it is charged? My usb is stuck to saying charged. I've tried just leaving the battery on it thinking it would charge no matter what the light said...but that didn't work. :(

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
It is one that has been working/I've been using. I've ordered two kits, so I don't know which kit it came with. I'm at 4 months 14 days YAY!! so it isn't under warranty any more.
yk how the light on the usb changes colors when it is charged? My usb is stuck to saying charged. I've tried just leaving the battery on it thinking it would charge no matter what the light said...but that didn't work. :(
That's exactly what mine does when it's not clean enough. I put the batt on, plug it in, the lite on the dongle stays blue and led on the batt stays off. It acts like there is no battery connected (or like the battery that is conn, is charged.)

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
I thought the Cherry was OK, but I kept tasting cinnamon in it (which I can't stand in a vape :().

The Watermelon, OTOH, really shocked me. It was not a flavor I would ever have considered ordering, but SI's is delicious! It manages to taste really ripe, juicy and sweet (very sweet) -- but like melon, not candy!

If you're keen on the Classic Grape, I'd guess you might really like the Watermelon too! (But if you add menthol to it, please don't tell me -- View attachment 61617 :laugh:)

Super glad you mentioned the cinnamon because I very much dislike cinnamon xD
But ordered Watermelon on my cart! Also chocolate and cappucino! Those might be worth trying for me.

That's exactly what mine does when it's not clean enough. I put the batt on, plug it in, the lite on the dongle stays blue and led on the batt stays off. It acts like there is no battery connected (or like the battery that is conn, is charged.)

Had this happen to me. try this.
Clean the end of the battery and charger with a piece of paper towel.
Take a couple of long drags on the battery, no need to attatch a carto (you will see the light come on on the battery), and then immediately put it back into the charger.
When I did this it started charging again.

Lax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Bozeman, Montana
Vapian--Thank you so much for the detailed response.
I think part of my bemusement is due to the fact that I was walking around thinking that most of my juices were carto-benign. I will continue my "research". I have yet to have one start drawing hard, they just start to taste bland--and if I keep pushing it, I notice that I can fit less and less juice in after I begin to detect those subtle "needs re-filling" symptoms.
Thanks everyone, and I'd still like to hear from more folks that use Vermillion River juices.

Most VR liquid seems pretty long-lived.... I've run all the KPB's regularly with good results. The Hawaiian Pineapple does well in cartos but I notice the taste goes before the draw gets hard. The raspberry, vanilla, butter rum, and mint seemed fine but I didn't go through that much liquid. And of course my favorite VR liquid is the worst on cartos :facepalm:...the caramelized cappuccino eats cartos for breakfast and spits out their clogged remains :p

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
SI's chocolate is crazy good. More of a cocoa flavor (least that's what my tasetebuds say) not too sweet, just right. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Lol good I was totally hoping someone would chime in and say 'chocolate is awesome!"hehe.
I read some good things on cappucino too, looking forward to getting that in the mail :)

Was it confirmed the crystal led caps would be on the site Friday or am I grossly mistaken?

Also @rave: I tried your gf's favorite grape/menthol...wow that is my new favorite!!

DebW

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
California

Congratulations on your vaping milestone! :2cool:

I have found that one of my dongles (USB Part) won't work unless it is scrupulously clean--and the batt connection, too.
Use a q-tip and alcohol, (just don't let the alcohol run down inside), and let everything dry well before applying power.

Had this happen to me. try this.
Clean the end of the battery and charger with a piece of paper towel.
Take a couple of long drags on the battery, no need to attatch a carto (you will see the light come on on the battery), and then immediately put it back into the charger.
When I did this it started charging again.

Thanks for the tips, guys! :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread