The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

'OG' Premium Liquids

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by theinlawjosie, Sep 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. theinlawjosie

theinlawjosie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    The Bluegrass State
    Hello all, before I get too far into this, I just want to say that I am a believer in the free market - I don't think capitalism is evil and I don't want this to come across as being whiny or anything, just interested in the opinions of others.

When I first started vaping there were two websites I went to for my favorite e-liquids (what I considered to be premium at the time, although, I don't think 'premium' e-liquids were as big of a thing back then). Those two sites were HHV and AVE. I can't tell you how many ml's of Cin City from HHV and Boba's Bounty from AVE I went through, and this was with MTL/3-4ml's a day vaping. I loved both of those juices and both HHV and AVE offered other juices that were very enjoyable as well.

Then the cloud chasing started and it seemed as though MTL equipment was getting to be harder to come by and I gave in to the trend and started DL vaping on sub-ohm builds with 'premium' e-liquids that were capped at 9 or 12mg of nicotine - the days of my MTL RDA's were behind me - as were my days of purchasing from HHV and AVE (mostly because I was having fun trying out all of the 'premium' juices from Giant Vapes at the time). I've recently had a desire to go back and purchase some of my old favorites, but the prices are a bit shocking! When I was vaping MTL I could order 60 or 100ml's of liquid and it would last me several weeks - now that I'm sub-ohm'ing, I would be lucky to make it last half as long even while vaping other flavors throughout the day.

I'm glad to see a resurgence of MTL vaping, and I plan on trying some new MTL RDA's soon - at which point I will definitely order some more of my old favorites, but I'd like to try them with my current style of vaping as well and I was just curious as to whether anyone else has ran into this issue. I just think it's kind of crazy that I can buy 100 or 120ml's of really good juice for $20 or less, but if I want some of my old favorites I have to pay 2 - 3 times as much.

Like I said, I'm not whining - these manufacturers have every right to charge whatever they want for their products. Both vendors are still in business, so the demand must still be there, I just wanted to start a dialogue and see if I am completely in the wrong by thinking they might benefit from aligning their prices with some of the newer 'premium' juice companies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. FΛDED

FΛDED Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    AVE Boba's Bounty was the first ejuice I vaped. It gave me that throat thump similar to when I smoked my full flavor/menthol cigarettes. That juice alone made my transition easier than expected. My vaping style and juice palette has changed but I've been vaping happily ever since, 6 years later.

As for prices, I understand exactly where you're coming from. Not only ejuices as you mentioned above but other products as well. One of my favorite manufacturers Kennedy Vapor for the longest period never dropped prices (except blemishes which were discounted) and never really had to as their mods are highly popular in the niche of mechs. Up until recently, Kennedy Vapor introduced a new product with a much lower price, always US made, for $125! Made me so happy, now I can get a couple instead of one now, lol. In the past, I paid a couple hundred on several mods and I was still pleased. Lower prices depends on timing, demand, and the company itself. Companies will drop prices when they need money but wait too long or slow to make changes, we all seen what happened to Provari, sadly.

We all have our own budgets and we all have our opinions in what we think is too much and too expensive, but personally I'm the type fortunate to afford and get things with my own money. When I do come across something that I think is over priced, I just don't buy it. I'm not one to complain or leave whiny comments either.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jersey_emt

jersey_emt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 26, 2009
    New Jersey, USA
    This is why I started making my own juice. Well under $1 / 30 mL, especially if you vape low nicotine. It costs me about $0.40 / mL @ 1 mg/mL nicotine.

Before I did that, when I ordered from HHV, I would ask for extra flavor in the order comments and buy 1.5-2x the nicotine level I wanted, and cut it with VG. It definitely helped a lot with the cost.

• Like Like x 2
  4. vapdivrr

vapdivrr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    I guess that's something you have to balance when you start vaping more eliquid. Giant vapes and places like that are kind of like a home depot I suppose , so obviously the prices are going to be cheaper. Hhv and Ave probably don't see nowhere near those sales and aren't really geared as a sub ohm kind of juice, so they need to charge more I suppose. Hhv happens to be my favorite vendor mainly because of their nets and because it's still one of the few places that really have all the options. You can choose your desired pg/vg ratios, extra flavorings, and nic percentages up to 36mg, which is awesome. For me personally, being a mtl, hi nic vapor, it's absolutely worth the extra money and because I vape like 2 ml a day, it's not very expensive. I'm vaping some bobas as I write and it's the same thing, well worth it for me because I can get it in 24mg which is awesome and again worth the money imo. I think their 100ml bottle is 40 bucks, but that lasts me like 2 months if I vaped it everyday , which is like 65 cents, much cheaper then the 10 dollars a day I was spending smoking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lufty

Lufty Senior Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Columbus, Ohio
    I like Yami/Sugoi. Delicious and been around for a little while, er quite a while? Seems to be pretty popular and liked by many people as well. Ive only tried their fruity flavors though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.