OH MY LANTA!!! eGo for 3.5 days and both batteries blown!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalie_Champ

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
philadelphia
hi all,
i am so flippin' frustrated!!! We got our ego on mon. Afternoon and now neither battery works. This afternoon, i thought that the vape tasted funny--that yucky burnt plastic taste. I added juices to the atty and cart. Still not very good vapor output and the yucky taste. Took off the atty and tried it on my husband's battery, a little better but still not much better. Tried his atty on my battery--worked fine. We traded back and then neither one of them worked on either battery!!! We have 2 spare attys. None work on either battery. The button just flashes. Put battery #1 on the charger...nothing--green light (should be red as it was used all day.) battery #2, same exact thing!
We over paid a little for this kit in the first place ($85-2 batteries, 2 attys, 1 cone, 10 carts, and 30ml juice)
but, the worst part is that i have been analog free!!! Ugh!!! I don't wanna go back!!!

Does any of this make sense?

did you blow out the atty and then prime it first, sometimes the atty comes with primer in it and sometimes it dont. But you always have to put like 4 or 5 drops in the atty and let it soak into the atty (called priming) then you can add your cart or drips then start vaping. If you didnt prime the atty first you could of blown it from lack of juice in it. So maybe it just the atty thats broken?

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
I'm def going to go with something was wrong with the charger. When I go to charge mine 1 out of every 10 screw ins seems to not change from green to red. I then unscrew it and screw it back in and it works. I rarely charge mine using the wall.

Mine charges thru my pc's usb in under 2 hours. and gives me 12 - 23 hours of battery life.

Again I would def say something in your charger caused the issue, OR one of ur atties did it (since you said you swapped atties and it burnt the other battery out)

I ordered mine from LF, as well as my friend, and neither one of us have had ANY issues thus far. I would never suggest anyone to buy anything other than a GENUINE Janty or Joye eGo... the Riva and Tornado are said to be close to the same thing. I would def be asking for a replacement, as it seems this issue wasn't your fault, prob a factory issue.

PS everything on mine seems to be an authentic Joye, but my charger seems to be a more generic style, but that could also just be standard with most Joye's.

RedForeman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
Georgia
Rosa, I am so glad you asked!!! vaporesence.com--he has a walk-in store about an hour from us. We didn't realize it until we got home but, he charges more in person than he does on-line!!! Hmph!!!

Sweet. At least you have the luxury of carrying your batteries and charger in for a diagnosis and solution on the spot. Admittedly an hour drive sucks, but that sucks less than waiting for days on something by mail.

And don't sweat a few analogs. Those will be behind you real quick once you get that hardware sorted out.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi, thought this might be helpful but for people with passthroughs not working on the PC...

Typically there are 4 USB ports on computers and sometimes 2 are "passive" and 2 are active. Passive ports only work for communication to various devices, and "active" ports supply power as well as communication. You probably have done so already, but try out different ports to see if that helps.

Also, does anyone know if those $39 EGOs are Bauway?

ice

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Hi, thought this might be helpful but for people with passthroughs not working on the PC...

Typically there are 4 USB ports on computers and sometimes 2 are "passive" and 2 are active. Passive ports only work for communication to various devices, and "active" ports supply power as well as communication. You probably have done so already, but try out different ports to see if that helps.

Also, does anyone know if those $39 EGOs are Bauway?

ice

FWIW all three USB ports on my laptop are active.

They are Joye. Better hurry, there were three left last time I heard.

jctgh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
Allen, TX
Hi everybody! Thanks again for all your advice and support! I really appreciate it! Boy was I stressing--panic mode--last night!!!

We went to the store (Vaporescence.com) today and he tested all our attys (4), 2 of them were bad. Evidentally, one of them blew out both of our batteries. He did test our charger and it is fine.
He was also very nice about giving Ginger, mom2-7girls', husband a new battery and atty as he had also blown his.
I think that his eGos must not be authentic Joye but, thankfully my kit from LF is on it's way and today we got one of the $39.99 kits so that we will have a spare!
BTW, we are using regular attys and have been from the start but, again, they are from vaporescence and I don't think that they are authentic. So, I bought some authentic joye attys from myfreedomsmokes.com w/their 40% discount (ghost). They were $4.90/pc!!! What a deal!!! We paid $24.95 for three from vaporescence!

Hope ya'll have a GREAT weekend and again, thanks for everything!!!
Hugs!!!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I have a charger that does that when plugged into the computer, but plugged into the wall it works as expected. Give that a try (if you haven't already). Other than that... sounds like that one atty burnt them both out, was it LR (low resistance) as those have been reported to short out batteries.

I had an atty that would kill all 5 of my ego batteries. It was a standard and not a LR. Made the battery buttons blink. When I plugged that bats back into the charger, they were fully charged. Never could figure out what went wrong with it. It worked fine for about a week in using it. Didn't see anything to the naked eye that could be wrong with it. Oh well, at least I got a week out of it. Tossed it and haven't had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread