Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I have went through a couple ohm readers, they never really broke, but more just started reading ohms inaccurately and erratically. When I screw them on snug it will read extremely low, for example around 0.09, then unscrew it a half turn and it will go up to 0.35, and another half turn and it will read 0.24, and so on. In this case my build came out to a 0.38 when checked on my dna mod.

My question is, does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality ohm reader that is reasonable in price? The ones I was using is the coil master 521 tab (not mini).

I know I can use a mod to do the same job, I just prefer a designated ohm reader. I do not build on them, I use threaded atty stands for that, I simply use them for checking ohms and gently pulsing the coils. I have grown accustomed to using an ohm reader for this, and do not want to change my ways.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The $10 box ohm readers have never been known to be particularly reliabile, durabile, or accurate.

USA Ohm Readers used to build a quality product, but they have inexplicitly discontinued them on their website for over a year. There are still some available here from a Canadian vendor.

A lot of rebuildable vapors use a Coil Master 521 Tab.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
That is the 521 tab that keeps failing on me. I took it apart to see what went wrong, and it seems the 510 pin has low quality insulators that break down quite easily.

I think I will order that one from canada, mostly for my emergency kit in my truck, thank you for the link. I am still looking for one that is better than the coil master that you linked and still fire a coil off of it.

Honestly, I may be getting too picky, but I am just tired of buying the same thing just to have it break a few months later.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Get a GeekVape pro tab, they read well and have a fire control that can fire 50 watt max, plus you can use it as a mod temporarily.
    20180203_122929.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Get a GeekVape pro tab, they read well and have a fire control that can fire 50 watt max, plus you can use it as a mod temporarily. View attachment 743211
    I saw those somewhere, and was curious if the 510 area is sturdy. It is one I had in the back of my mind, but couldn't place which brand it was, and that made it kind of difficult to look up.

Reactions: stols001

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I saw those somewhere, and was curious if the 510 area is sturdy. It is one I had in the back of my mind, but couldn't place which brand it was, and that made it kind of difficult to look up.
    It works great for me. The 510 block pivots , this way you can use it as a mod temporarily.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Sifu B-Tab by UD. It fires coil builds down to .05 ohms and goes up to 70 watts, it's durable, and it reads the ohms consistently .01 ohm higher than all the most accurate DNA 250 mods so you can simply subtract .01 from the readout to be truly accurate.
    I'll take a look at it too, I don't get paid for a few more days so I'm still researching the best options for the cost.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I have the 521 tab. Feels a little flimsy. Not to say, its bad. The GeekVape one looks better and also doubles as a mod. So either one of those would be a good choice really.
    Thanks, I have the geekvape in my cart ready for my next order. It looks promising.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread