Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Don't Want to Scare anyone. But Anytime there is a Partial Derivative in something, there is Usually a Dif-EQ Lurking around the Corner.

Can't I just Smash the Button Down? And if the Hit Isn't Good Enough, make the Number on the Screen Bigger?

Hey now, differential equations aren't that bad. ;)

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I had to open a couple of my old textbooks
Giancoli for the win!

I've been doing that a lot lately, I really appreciate that aspect of vaping. In my sophomoric attempt to look at this mysterious inductance myself, I saw an example with a single coil, 100 wraps, length 5cm, and .3cm^2 cross-sectional area. It amounted to a paltry 7.5 micro Henries (Henry's? Ohm-seconds).

But, who knows. Maybe it's not paltry. Never before would I have considered 3 ohms to be high resistance. Maybe vape-land is just a magical place.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Giancoli for the win!

I've been doing that a lot lately, I really appreciate that aspect of vaping. In my sophomoric attempt to look at this mysterious inductance myself, I saw an example with a single coil, 100 wraps, length 5cm, and .3cm^2 cross-sectional area. It amounted to a paltry 7.5 micro Henries (Henry's? Ohm-seconds).

But, who knows. Maybe it's not paltry. Never before would I have considered 3 ohms to be high resistance. Maybe vape-land is just a magical place.

7.5 micro Henries.

Holy Flinkering Snit!

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Owensboro, KY
Ok, I don't mean to sound condescending but this but this is really for folks that understand all of Ohm's law. There are 3 parts to impedance, capacitance, resistance and inductance. All I ever see discussed here is resistance which is really odd because we are dealing with coils (inductance) and resistance (Kanthal). I hear folks talk about the DC (or close to) voltage MVP's and Provari's put out, but it seems to me an AC signal like the other mods may be better. One advantage is the additional inductance would make the coil heat up before the legs preventing hot legs. I seriously doubt anyone can tell the difference between a coil heated by 33 HZ vice DC. It is getting pulsed 33 times a second. Your stove is driven at 60hz or 50 in EU. Personally, I think there's alot of hype going on. What do y'all think.

The voltage available at the business end of any mod is Direct Current not Alternating Current. That's why you can take a Protank and use it on a mechanical mod, where there is only a connection to the positive and negitive of a 3.7 volt DC battery,or a regulated mod whether it's a elcheapo at 33 Hz or a Provari at 800 Hz.

Stiiinger

Jul 11, 2014
Mississauga, Canada
... That's why you can take a Protank and use it on a mechanical mod, where there is only a connection to the positive and negitive of a 3.7 volt DC battery...

I agree with your primary statement, but not your reasoning behind it. Just because a PT will work on a mech mod connected directly to a DC battery doesn't necessarily mean that your apv MUST BE powering it by DC also. There could be DC->AC conversion going on (but isn't, because why add the cost of that circuitry when it's not necessary?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread