Ok do i really need the fancy glass or pyrex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I ordered an IB Tank in the pyrex with acrylic tops and bottons. I really don't use any juice that would hurt the delrin or any other tank (I think) Do I need to shell the cash out for the glass or just go with the cheap version of the tanks. (I wish J tanks and big daddy would get the tanks in I really want) I've never used a tank but am really exicited about trying them for the style and size. None will be very big just proubably 3ml but it's working for me so far. So glass or delrin or poly?
if it's a acid kind of juice I'll drip ( I make such a mess) or a cheapo that I can throw away and not look back. I've read all the reviews and still don't know. Well I do know that I can't afford a Phiniac tank. LOL that would pay for my next toy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll give you my :2c:

I feel that pyrex is the material of choice for holding juice. As you are aware, the polycarbonate plastic that manufacturers used initially were prone to etch, crack, or even melt with particular flavors like cinnamon or citrus flavors. I'm among those that now believe that any juice can have an effect on polycarbonate, and that it just isn't the best material to be used with juices.

Polypropylene and delrin are other alternative materials, but they are frosted or opaque, so an unobstructed view of the juice is prohibited, although you can easily see the juice level in the tank. So, many people in the vaping community prefer the superior material of glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread