OK, folks, I'm in a pickle and need advice again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Hi all,
It's me again, the old fart and I've gotten myself behind a rock and a hard place lookin' for a way out.
I recommended a battery box mod to a friend of mine who was using a 510T. His only complaint was him having to change out the battery every couple hours.
The 510T LR burned up the box and he doesn't want to go with cartomizers. They're only good for a few refills then you gotta throw 'em away. Which was the original reason he bought the 510T LR in the first place. LOL
I suggested the MAP tank but he said that looked to be a pain in the ... to operate.
(He's now direct drippin' with a couple 306 LR attys I sent him. Which isn't a good idea while driving.)
He's now stuck with a battery box mod and I don't know enough to help him out as to what his options are for that 'useless' thing, now.
I feel really bad about him spending his money for something that didn't work.
The 510T LR with a 3.7 18650 batt box mod are not compatible.

I need some help at figuring out what he can adapt to that thing.

Thanks, guys,

Last edited:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I'm not quite sure I'm following... did the atomizer short out the box mod or something? Or is it the tanks just run too hot on it, or don't fire properly because they aren't fitting right? If it's a fit issue, there's always a 510 to 510 adapter. Another option could be going to one of the eGo tank systems, or looking into one of the easier to fill clearomizers.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
I'm not quite sure I'm following... did the atomizer short out the box mod or something? Or is it the tanks just run too hot on it, or don't fire properly because they aren't fitting right? If it's a fit issue, there's always a 510 to 510 adapter. Another option could be going to one of the eGo tank systems, or looking into one of the easier to fill clearomizers.

Yup, The 510T LR atty ran too hot and collapsed the spring.

You got any links to this eGo Tank System and or the Clearomizers?
I'm not familiar with either.

Thanks,

Last edited:

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
yikes! If he's married to the 510 tank and it runs that hot (I have an Innokin 510T and don't recall it being THAT hot), maybe something in the way of a metal tube mod, you're probably not going to melt an Icon, Roughstack or something like that any time soon.

Of course it might be the mod battery making it run too hot, many of those will output 4.2 volts when fresh and if it's a low resistance atomizer, it could heat things up pretty quick.

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
I am assuming the 510T is not Low Resistance? It shouldn't have run hot enough to collapse the spring.
I am not positive but I think that only happens if you try to draw too many amps through the batt.
Maybe a problem with the battery, or a short in the box mod?
I am not overly familiar with the 510T but maybe it would work with the 18650 Epower or Noego.

Another thought would be the DC cartos. I have been getting almost a month use out of mine before
taste goes bad or gets clogged.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
I guess it could have been a flaw in the box mod itself. It just seems weird even an LR atty would have destroyed even a simple box mod. DCs would likely have killed that thing too since they draw a lot of amperage. If he's back onto the 510 battery, it won't last very long at all with a dual coil.

I have a VV mod from MadVapes and I run dual (and triple) coils on that thing up to 6v without breaking it.

I just metered my Innoken tank atty for fun, it comes in at 2.3ohm

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Look on madvapes site since you have did business with them and find their Clearomizers. I really like them and they are no more expensive than regular cartomizer, and are a very good vape in my opinion. You can take them apart and clean them like new again, and you can't do that with regular cartomizers so they last longer that way. If you or your friend decides to try them look on the Ecf forum on how to clean. Hope this helps

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Hi all,
It's me again, the old fart and I've gotten myself behind a rock and a hard place lookin' for a way out.
I recommended a battery box mod to a friend of mine who was using a 510T. His only complaint was him having to change out the battery every couple hours.
The 510T LR burned up the box and he doesn't want to go with cartomizers. They're only good for a few refills then you gotta throw 'em away. Which was the original reason he bought the 510T LR in the first place. LOL
I suggested the MAP Tank but he said that looked to be a pain in the ... to operate.
(He's now direct drippin' with a couple 306 LR attys I sent him. Which isn't a good idea while driving.)
He's now stuck with a battery box mod and I don't know enough to help him out as to what his options are for that 'useless' thing, now.
I feel really bad about him spending his money for something that didn't work.
The 510T LR with a 3.7 18650 batt box mod are not compatible.

I need some help at figuring out what he can adapt to that thing.

Thanks, guys,

This is normal. I'm glad nobody paid for my recommendations when I first started vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread