OK, how to install inner 0-rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
I refinished a pair of caps for a 22mm OCD tank, and I had to take the inner o-rings out. They came out just fine, but I cannot get them back in. They bunch up around the edge, and there's always a bit sticking out that I can't get to seat.

I know there's a trick with the Slap Yo Mama tool, but I don't have one of those, and I was hoping to get it back together tomorrow. Any suggestions?

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Now thats a nice image :)

I use the blunt end myself but yeah you have the idea, the last bit makes a bump that needs to work its way around the groove. Using the blunt end (actually lately I have been using a 3/16" wooden dowel) with my finger in the back side to keep it from popping through I push that last bit into place. It is more of a pumping rather than a smooth shove into place as you can imagine it relieves a little pressure each time it is pressed in.

No blood tests and no shades of Ghost Busters that way, oh, and the house doesnt catch fire either so its win win win :D

Tom Servo

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
United States
Using the blunt end (actually lately I have been using a 3/16" wooden dowel) with my finger in the back side to keep it from popping through I push that last bit into place. It is more of a pumping rather than a smooth shove into place as you can imagine it relieves a little pressure each time it is pressed in.

No blood tests and no shades of Ghost Busters that way, oh, and the house doesnt catch fire either so its win win win :D
Actually, the dowel is a really good idea. Thanks!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Works a treat and no worries of scratching the cap or tearing the oring not to mention the whole avoiding the blood draw thing ;) Another bonus is the rough end of the dowel is pretty grabby helping to hold on while working that last bit in.

The important thing is to put the dowel inside and roll it around to even out the oring in the groove. Often you will feel a bit of a bump where there is extra oring material bunched up. Dragging the dowel over the oring will help equalize it around the groove.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
It might help tighten it up some Ladie, it is just the orings grip on the cartomizer so regardless it will spin if you twist it enough. Are you having trouble in removing a tank from a device? If so then what device? The only thing I can think of is I have seen some devices where tanks have been tightened down too tight and they give some trouble in getting them started loosening them.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Its just my newest tank, i dont have a problem with my older ones, they are still using original orings. And it happens on both provari and my mvp. I literally have to take the tank off, then grip the carto to turn it.
Its been like that since the first time i used it. So i was thinking maybe i need to replace that oring...

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Sorry about the teen but all I can offer there is you are on your own :) I did my time :D

Be sure to let me know how it turns out after changin the inner rings. They are a little tricky but if you take the clues above and work them in to that last little bit then push it in they will go. I have installed thousands of them so I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread