Ok, I really need some advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
Having pre-ordered a Ody i Atty 2 from clouds of vapor, and also a DID, I'm at a loss as to where/what to get for replacement materials. I see clouds of vapor is out of stock on most of the res. wire, no res. wire, and wicks. I've scoured ebay for wire, and have found both kanthal d and a-1 as well as nichrome.

Been hearing that Kanthal A-1 AWG 32 is a good wire to start with, but none is in stock. I have found Kanthal D in that size, as well as A-1 in 34 and 36 gauge. Should I just get Nichrome wire for now? What size would be best for a newbie like me? 32, 34, 36?

I can get the no res. wire pretty easily it seems, whether it be nickel or silver. Also, what about wicking material, I know the Ody comes with some, but I hear when your starting out it goes pretty fast. I'd hate to be out of material and not be able to use the Ody. I found some wicks on house of vapor, and heavens gifts. Would those work?

So basically, I jumped head first into the rebuildable atty world as I knew I might not get another chance at it for awhile, but I should've done my research a bit more and made sure I could get the required materials for when I run out of the stuff that comes with the Ody and DID.

Any suggestions on where to start? What gauge? Wick? Could I possible purchase some in the classified section here?

I know I'm a complete noob and feel like I'm asking stupid questions, but I'll learn, bare with me :) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks

EDIT - Also, I'm not really concerned with making low or high res. coils, I'll be happy with either if that helps, as I'll be using these on a Provari and kicked SB. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread