Ok,information overload.Noob here,please be gentle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktulu909

Sep 27, 2011
Louisiana
Ive been reading the site for two days now,really nice place BTW.Im attempting to quit the real thing and switch to vaping.I found a square smoke disposable next door and figured i would give it a shot.Not to bad,just not a fan of the tobacco taste that it provides.

What I am looking for (for now anyway) is simplicity.I would like something the size of the real thing,that is simple to use while I can process all the info and options that this site has to offer.The ability to charge a battery is not an issue as I have USB access anywhere I go.For now I just want something that is simple to use and maintain to get me off of the real thing.The way I see it right now is if its something that is a pain in the .... to setup and maintain,Ill wuss out and just grab a pack of smokes.

I know that these questions have been asked over and over,and Im defiantly not new to the forum format,but as nice as it is to have all the info in one place,finding exactly what you are looking for can be quite the challenge.

Thanks for your patience,as I put on my flame proof suit.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Give up size of the real thing. Accept 9.2mm diameter and then you can get a decent slim ecig.

Smokeless Image Volt or Vapor4Life.com (both KR808D-1 and I recommend manuals) and buy suitable eliquid to keep the cartos damp and get up to a week's use out of each. I fine thin liquids, 20% or less VG, clear and drop no flavoring sediment, to work best. I recommend for testing juices, a DSR901 atomizer (standard resistance) and drip tip on the manual battery (not on autos) and see LiteCigUSA.net for those. If the tip is plastic or delrin then you can also use it as an easy-to-remove mouthpiece on hot cartos.

Alternately but no decent prefilled cartomizers - Get manual Joye 510 and at NiteLiteVapor.us get white, tan or black Boge standard resistance (around 3 ohm) cartomizers for your favorite thin juices). Those are blank cartomizers.

For either you could get a passthrough (vape off power) but most need a 2amp USB to AC adapter (PC USB or battery charge AC to USB is not enough). Only the ones with real inline battery can be used on a PC's USB (is just charging a battery while you vape it)

donesmokin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
NE Oregon
Last edited:

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Since you want simple you can head over to V4L.com and grab a kit and some extra pre-filled filters (cartomizers). SmokelessImage.com has them, too. Both have good reputations and fair pricing. Charge your battery. Screw on a filter (cartomizer). Vape happy :) Many (many!) thousands of people have switched with these kits. You pay a little more for the convenience of per-filled cartomizers but it can be worth it at the start. You can get blank cartomizers later and fill your own for less.

If you're ready to fiddle with juices (fill your own filters for less) then this $27 kit is a good choice. It's 2 peices like the others and comes with empty cartomizers ready to fill.
510 manual cartomizer kit from smok tech

You're going to buy a 2nd kit soon, when you realize it really works and you want to have a backup. So don't stress too much over which kit to start. Stick with ECF suppliers and you'll be fine. People here will steer you in a good direction. They've been there and are happy to help. Congrats on your decision.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
100mah is about 1 hour of moderate vaping w/ standard resistance atty or carto (less if constant vaping or LR atty/carto, more if light vaping) (Note - the hotter LR attys and cartos are only for fat batteries and mods 450mah+)

Joye 510 is 180mah (the long Joye 510 mega xl is 280mah and 128mm long w/ a cartomizer)

KR808D-1 - the standard manufacturer ones are 180mah or 280mah (or 380mah for the xl). The SmokelessImage style is .1 less voltage (regulated 3.6 instead of 3.7) and have a bit longer charge of 220 for the small ones, 320 for the 78mm/standard size, 420 for the xl)

I recommend manual batteries - harder to damage or kill with juice leaks (near impossible with totally sealed manuals like 510 and SmokelessImage Volt manuals), easier to get a good hit (though 510 and Vapor4Life let you get a longer hit than SmokelessImage's 5 second cutoff), won't turn on accidentally in wind or vibration

Fat battery models like Ego and Riva 510 are 650mah+

Last edited:

Suncruiser

Sep 23, 2011
northeast
I'm a newbie too but thought I'd throw in my experience. I was also looking for something simple and somewhat similar to the real thing (mainly for psychological reasons, LOL) I got a kit from vapor 4 life with the KR808D and am thrilled with it. I originally got the automatic but was advised to try the manual - just got the manual today along with some juice - cartos are super easy to refill and the manual is MUCH better than the automatic. Hope that helps, I was super confused too but the information on this site is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread