Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've been thinking about a bottom feeder. Choices are between a REO and a Vmod. Just not sure. I've never used a bottom feeder and really don't know if I'll like one or not. Both have their fan club. First requirement is that I can use a Boge 35mm carto on it.
Second it has to be pocket friendly. Third it has to be tnt56 proof.
I've only used tube mods and really like all of them. I've got a couple of box shaped mods,( Gripper and also a MVP) that feel good when I hold em. My Legacy's and SB have me turning towards the mechanical mods.

I don't intend for this thread to become a rant over something or another. I've got 3 Provari's, 3 Legacy's, 2 Tesla's, one vamo, twist, spinners, You get the idea.

Any informed opinions would be appreciated at this point. Just looking for something different.
Been looking at several different ones and I don't like the idea of not being able to put a rba on top of it. (or if I'm wrong please correct me)
So I'm open to all opinions. :vapor:

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I have used only REOs for a year and a half for hassle-free vaping. They have 510 connectors and I use RBAs on all 3. I love the convenience, the portability, the stability, and sturdiness of Reos.

Have a gander in the Reo forum and if you have questions, it's the best place to ask them. We're a friendly bunch and there is a boatload of info on RBAs there, too.

Good luck whatever you decide.

I don't know much about a VMod.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I have both the Reo mini 2.1 and the Vmod XL. The Reo is outstanding; the Vmod is decent and more affordable. If price is not a barrier, the Reo is by far the better choice due to better build quality, usability with a greater range of options, more comfortable to use/carry, and better build quality (and I know I mentioned that twice, but the Reo's are that good!).

Or, to illustrate it another way, I'm in the process of getting my Vmod ready to sell on the classies. I would never even consider selling my Reo!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Wise choice, the REO. Like others have said, aside from being durable, all day, no bullsh it vaping machines, they accept RBAS. (if thats not improtant to you now, chances are it will be in your future). The older mini and the mini 2.0 accept a few of the smaller diameter ones (hornet, killer) And the grand, VV grand and mini 2.1 accept just abount any bottom feed RBA currently on the market. The Grand is a basis of design for most bottom feed RBAs.

The Grand is a solid choice. Fully mechanical, Big battery and juice bottle and its not much larger that the mini 2.1 / 2.0. You can wash it in the sink and be vaping off it 5 minutes later. you can't really go wrong with any REO :)

Check out the reosmods forum here - Reos Mods
there is much good info there and even more very helpful people

good luck :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hoping the reo grand uses 6ml bottles cause I orders some extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does use the 6ml. Smart choice. Now you should dip into the REOsmods section of ECF (it's under suppliers). Very vibrant and active community of us over there.

You may want to also pick up a couple of springs. I have never need em, but they collapse if you get a short to protect you and your REO.

Congrats bro :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
It does use the 6ml. Smart choice. Now you should dip into the REOsmods section of ECF (it's under suppliers). Very vibrant and active community of us over there.

You may want to also pick up a couple of springs. I have never need em, but they collapse if you get a short to protect you and your REO.

Congrats bro :)

Already got the extra parts kit, along with extra bottles and some cartos. 1.5 ohm single coil. That plus what I got in the stash should last me for a while.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Would it be naive to believe that a Reos and a Cisco spec HH357 atomizer (long barrel, and a decent drip tip) would land me in vaping Nirvana?

Speaking of such things.....Can a Reos accommodate a drip shield?
Mainly just for aesthetic reasons.

No, it would actually be spot on :), however, a REO and a RM2 RBA is vaping Valhala :). You definitely don't need a drip sheild and I'm not sure that they would work without an adapter. I' ll defer that one to others.

Head over the the suppliers / REOsmods forum for some really good info :) and more answers to your questions :)

Dannnyh

Apr 21, 2013
Manchester
Well it wasn't a dream. My orange and black reo grand is on the way. Cause Paypal told me so.

Good work!
Had mine for 2 days. Can't recommend it highly enough. No longer need to spend my time on forums looking at mods, that journey is now at an end, I can now spend my time learning to make better wicks and coils and making a decent DIY ejuice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread