Ok so what is the VIR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spy_64

Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Montana
So from what I have gathered so far, we don't have a release date, and we don't have a price yet right? So I won't push those topics... (c;

But what I really want to know is when this is put into a GGTS, will you be able to still put in the maximum sized battery(s) the TS accepts, or will we have to drop down a size of battery or two?

Sorry for not being more specific, I don't own one yet, but I hope to someday. (c;

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Roxxette

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2012
Caribbean
So from what I have gathered so far, we don't have a release date, and we don't have a price yet right? So I won't push those topics... (c;

But what I really want to know is when this is put into a GGTS, will you be able to still put in the maximum sized battery(s) the TS accepts, or will we have to drop down a size of battery or two?

Sorry for not being more specific, I don't own one yet, but I hope to someday. (c;

Maybe it will be a full add-on ? and not just a little drop in module :p

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
If I remember correctly, imeo already disclosed that it will be a drop in.

No, he disclosed the exact opposite earlier in this thread.

He said it would be inside of an add in piece for the stealth and GGTS so that's why it will only work on those two devices and not be universal like a kick. I assume it will be inside a piece that's roughly the size of a re-threader ring that you will screw in to the device between the battery and atomizer connections. The last part is only an assumption based on his hints. But it would make sense as the threads would only match the GGTS and Stealth.

valcityboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Altamonte Springs, FL
I think it is a drop in auto voltage regulator based on the ohms of the attys or carto it just regulates optimal power output based on battery and atty. with a dial ring to allow you to increase voltage +/-0.1 volt increments for more or less intensity.. but I am a software engineer not a hardware guy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
I think it is a drop in auto voltage regulator based on the ohms of the attys or carto it just regulates optimal power output based on battery and atty. with a dial ring to allow you to increase voltage +/-0.1 volt increments for more or less intensity.. but I am a software engineer not a hardware guy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It's going to be more than just a power regulator. This already exists. And Imeo always goes beyond what already exists. Where's the fun in creating something that's already been done.

What you described is the Kick but instead of manual voltage adjustment, you adjust the watts and the module auto adjust the voltage to obtain your selected watts. This way you get a consistent vape no matter what resistance atty you use.

We don't know exactly what VIR will do, except that it will do more than this.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Imeo mentioned in another thread that he is planning on heading to Germany in the next few days to take care of the patent paperwork. I asked him if he has headed to Germany yet (a little while ago) and haven't gotten a response yet. It would be absolutely amazing if he comes back and we find out that the VIR is ready to ship and the he got the patent. Smiles all around.

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Imeo mentioned in another thread that he is planning on heading to Germany in the next few days to take care of the patent paperwork. I asked him if he has headed to Germany yet (a little while ago) and haven't gotten a response yet. It would be absolutely amazing if he comes back and we find out that the VIR is ready to ship and the he got the patent. Smiles all around.

Uhm, not an expert at international patent law here, but from the standpoint of being a shareholder in corps who have set fire to 10s of millions on it... generally, on Earth anyway, you APPLY for a patent, at a given date/time. <many years pass, during which it remains [patent pending]>, and after a certain period of time it is either granted or denied. If granted, you have the legal right to defend your intellectual property and sue individuals or corporations who you feel are violating your patent. In order to successfully defend your intellectual property another pile of money & time is required. See also: Apple vs. Samsung, the world-wide, endless litigation, which will carry on for another 2 decades because both sides have infinite time and money to spend on lawyers.

All of this becomes insanely convoluted/complex when the dispute spans international boundaries, especially if it bumps into countries which have totally different concepts of intellectual property such as, for instance, China. If somebody there starts producing VIR knock-offs, your odds of successfully defending your intellectual property are roughly zero. On the other hand, their odds of successfully mass-producing a VIR of the same quality as the original, are also roughly zero. You need to rely on the strength of your brand for customers to want the original. "No, thanks, I don't want the $5 iPhone knock-off, or the 3,000 other handsets you have available; I'd like the real thing." There is of course, yet another grey-area, where some company starts producing knock-offs, complete with GG logos and CLAIMING to be the original, which is covered by yet another set of laws, the strength of which vary from country to country, but are also nearly non-existent and unenforceable in some locations, such as, China. To use another real-world example, you can buy an Otterbox case for your iPhone for $85-$100 from Otterbox, or you can buy a Chinese knock-off for $15 on Ebay, which includes the original logos and claims to be something that it isn't, but sells many more units than the original due to its' low price.

Ultimately, the only real world-wide protection you have is the strength and recognition of your brand. GG's is exceptionally strong, but ... to a very small niche. 95% of people who use e-cigs have probably never heard of it.

tl;dr: you don't get a patent at the time of application; an application is just that you've filled out the paperwork and the process has started (Germany probably being a more reasonable/solid starting point for patents than Greece, under EU laws).

Having said all that, please hurry! I'd like to give you money and buy a VIR already :p

Last edited:

Jalippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Finland
I have been thinking this since I first time hear something about VIR. My best quess is now Variable Internal Resistance.

If you are using two stacked batteries you just set wanted wattage level to VIR and it will add internal resistance (ohms) on top of your coil ohms to reach wanted wattage. Since your batteries voltage will drop, internal resistance will drop as well.
I know Imeo is smart guy, so power of internal resistance is not throwed away, but recharced to batteries, so they will work even longer.. :)

If VIR work also with single battery, maybe volts are regulated first to 7,4 and internal resistance added after that - if needed.. it's up to you how much power you want.

If I'm right, I would love to get one free VIR, then I need to buy only two of them more.. :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread