Okay. Hands down, best tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinch

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Okay, so I've been vaping for a couple months and here's my journey so far.

Cignot liquids - all VG, artificial tasting and kind of gross. Too much nic.
VikingVapor - bad PG/VG mix, barely any vapor, harsh on my throat, medicore taste.

Finally, I stumbled upon Mrs. T's and she single handedly allowed me to love vaping enough to stop smoking entirely. I tried Pina Colada, Peaches and Cream, and Hazelnut Coffee at first which were all fantastic. Then I bought Bananas Fosters Coffee and now Snickerdoodle. And I love the perfect mix of PG/VG she does, and I love the low nicotine.

Now I've been vaping Mrs. T's for a month, I love it, but once in a while I get just the slightest bit tired of sweet flavors. I love them, but once in a while I just want something robust and more sophisticated.

I want tobacco flavor, but not bad enough to have a cigarette because I think they're gross now. Thing is, I've never revisited tobacco liquid because I've had bad experiences with all of it. The Cignot Desert Ship Camel was gross and too much VG, the prefilled Marb cartridges were bad, and the ECOpure liquid was mediocre as well. All of it has just tasted sweet and artificial. However, now that I've seen what Mrs. T's can do with her liquids I'm a believer that someone out there makes great tobacco flavor.

I'm ready to give tobacco flavor another shot. In your opinions, fellow ECF members, what is hands down the best tobacco flavor? I was considering Johnson Creek, but I don't know if the original product line is 100% PG. The Red Oak is VG, but I really prefer a mix of the two. Is the original Johnson Creek PG/VG mixed? Or is there another company out there that makes even better tobacco flavor?

If it matters, I am (well was) a tobacco connoisseur, after smoking for a while I stopped liking Camels and fake brands and I switched to Natural American Spirit natural tobacco full time. No flavorings, I liked the natural robust flavor so much I even rolled my own from the "US Grown" packets they sell. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I'd say the tobacco flavors in NHalers Octane line might be right up your alley. The Octane's are a relatively low nic level (10mg).

Nhaler 10Mg Strength Octane HV Samplers 6Ml
- Plain Tobacco (milder)
- Tobaccorillo (milder)
- CigarBacco (stronger)
- TobaccoLishUS (stronger)
- Signature Tobacco (stronger with something extra imho)

midwestfarmboy

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
iowa
I myself like tobacco eliquids. I have been using alien vision eliquid for about 6 months and really like Bobas Bounty/havanna gold /gamel and the new c&d...they all taste as good as it gets for tobacco flavor. I have tried the nhaler stuff and it's not bad. But for my money you can't bet ave. eliquids...good throat hit and at 24mg just right for me. You may want less nic and he has them too.

Sojourner

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Elmira Heights, NY
I'm with you VaporMadness. You hit it spot on with nhaler's octane tobacco line. I also used to feel like the OP, but this octane line was the first time I ever felt like, "Wow, it really tastes like tobacco!" I've been stuck on it ever since. I also like to rotate tobacco flavors so they don't become tasteless to me. I really love the tobaccorillo from nhaler. This one is a must have everyday vape. It completely satisfies my tobacco urges. I started with Plain Tobacco and still use that every few days along with CigarBacco.

I also rotate with tobacco flavors from Vapor Station: In order from milder to stronger:
Tennessee, Texas, Tampa. Frisco is nutty and a variant of 555. I also use this and love it in my rotation. I vape at 10mg from either vendor. Both these lines are very similar in quality, vapor, and taste. I think you'd really like them OP.

I also include Halo Freedom at 12 mg. in my rotation. I feel that rotating these flavors keeps them all fresh and my taste buds don't get used to any one flavor so I can enjoy them always.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
I am also looking for a good tobacco base. After reading a lot over here, I think I am just going to start making my own. I already have tobacco absolute from PA, ethyl maltol from DIY and I just need some menthol crystals to start. I didn't smoke menthols but I understand it's necessary in small amounts to make your tobacco not taste like hay. There's a thread discussing it here with a tried and true DIY flat tobacco base recipe. Hope this helps. If I can find the link I'll come back and post it here. Use search terms ethyl maltol, absolute and dissolve.

the vaporizer

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2010
New York
johnson creek regular lineup is pg/vg mix! not sure on the %?? I had a kinda bad experience with their regular lineup though...my juices tasted kinda like hairspray no matter what i did...how hard i shook them..i could taste a great flavor somewhere deep down but the chemical taste was killing the greatness...then i tried their RED oak lineup after talking with their GREAT customer service team...free shipping back to them and new bottles in 3 days...the tennessee cured red oak is an awesome tobacco liquid...but it has some sweetness to it.. also their domestic blend red oak is quite good too! similar but different...hard to explain but you cant go wrong with either and their 100% satisfaction guarantee is a nice cushion of protection! It sucks having to buy liquids from places not knowing if your going to like them and then you hate them and they just sit there...which is never a problem with JC...and their Red Oak 100% vg doesnt clog atomizers at all....it is a great viscosity...works very well..you would swear there is PG in their with all the flavor and taste!

But for the ultimate tobacco flavors...and i feel like i say this too much...you gotta try americaneliquidstore.com...their regular tobacco is an exquisite blend of flavors...slightly different then say marlboro...but GREAT all day vape...and my still...all time favorite vape that takes the tobacco cake...and i have tried over 30 tobacco flavors from at least 15 vendors.....is americaneliquidstore's sweet tobacco...very different flavor as opposed to their reg tobacco...its not too sweet...just light overtones and when you blow it out of your nose it is orgasmic!!!!!!!! not joking :) not to mention...they also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and they have the best customer service around....NOONE beats their service!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOONE....they go above and beyond to make sure people are happy...and they NEVER make you feel bad for wanting to exchange or anything...just great people with a great product...Im not a huge fan of their non-tobacco flavors which 9i have tried most of...but i will tell you that their tobacco juices are hands down...my favorite...esp. sweet tobacco!

liberty flights luxury blend isnt too bad...its a nice juice to have a little bit of every once in a while...

TV has a decnt tobacco lineup...

choose wisely....

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
What is the best tobacco to your taste will be different from what someone else thinks is best. I vape FreedomsmokeUSA almost exclusively. Shade, Dark Vapure, and Mellow Sunset. Lots of good reviews here for their Wyatt Earp and RY4 as well. I haven't made my way through all their tobacco flavors yet. I use the Perique and Latakia as modifiers when I want something a little different.

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ
What is the best tobacco to your taste will be different from what someone else thinks is best. I vape FreedomsmokeUSA almost exclusively. Shade, Dark Vapure, and Mellow Sunset. Lots of good reviews here for their Wyatt Earp and RY4 as well. I haven't made my way through all their tobacco flavors yet. I use the Perique and Latakia as modifiers when I want something a little different.
1+ on FreedomSmokeUSA Some thing about both their RY4 and Wyatt Earp (along with their NewPort) that is just right, just something different from the rest. YMMV of course.

GB

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
But for the ultimate tobacco flavors...and i feel like i say this too much...you gotta try americaneliquidstore.com...their regular tobacco is an exquisite blend of flavors...my favorite...esp. sweet tobacco!

AELS liquids are special. I've gotten them in VG, very thick and tasty. I haven't tried them in PG. I kind of wish they packaged VG/PG blends?

Their regular Tobacco is very natural tasting to me, no sweetness, a kind of grassy flavor. I like using that liquid as a base for mixing with over powering flavors. I've mixed Halo liquids with it and fruity flavors like Fried Apple and Very Berry. Been happy with the results. Also just vape it on its own. The Tobacco Sweet is very strong pipe tobacco'ish flavor, actually not really sweet. The Tobacco Cocoa is a blend of the pipe tobacco flavor and unsweetened cocoa. I couldn't do the Sweet or Cocoa as an all day everyday vape, but the regular Tobacco is doable for me as a daily vape. But my favorite, non-everyday, AELS liquid is the Blackberry Champange :)

There are a lot of good recommendations in this thread. FreedomSmokes looks real promising. Thanx for posting all!

Last edited:

Chingas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2010
Billings, MT
I'm a sweet stuff vaper myself but, on a whim, I ordered RY4 from FreedomSmokesUSA. It's become my nighttime vape. Really like it. Nice tobacco flavor with a bit of caramel sweetness in it and a little peppery kick to it. Makes for a great changeup vape.

Got Wyatt Earp as a sample and it's actually pretty tasty stuff. I think, haven't laid off the RY4 long enough to really tell.

Grinch

Jun 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm, a lot of good suggestions here. I'm looking them up. I don't know if this could narrow it down a bit, but I was never into the sweet corporate cigs like Marlboro and Camel, which is probably why I didn't like the Marb mix from Cignot or the Camel Desert Ship one. I always used to smoke Natural American Spirit, which is just pure raw tobacco without any flavorings or additives. Very robust. I'm looking for a liquid that reflects true tobacco taste, not the taste of a certain brand or type of cigarette. Does that make sense?

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Very robust... Does that make sense?

Yes that does.

Please understand that I haven't tried all of the liquids recommended here, and that taste is very subjective.

Of those that I have tried, NHaler's Octane TobaccoLishUS or CigarBacco or AELS Tobacco Sweet sound most like what you're looking for. All of those are very robust unadulterated tobacco vapes. The Halo liquids (Torque etc) are definitely good, but they are complex flavors with much more than pure tobacco involved. Beyond that, FreedomSmokeUSA's offerings look most intriguing of those that I haven't tried and are now at the top of my list of liquids to try.

edit: i've got a decent supply of octane (plain, cigarbacco, tobacorillo) on hand, but my next round of liquid will probably be some of that freedomsmoke stuff. it might be a while (a few weeks), but i'll post back here when i get to it.

edit2: FreedomSmokeUSA has a 30% sale this weekend, so looks like i'll be getting these sooner than i thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread